Well we helped Gerry move into his apartment Saturday. It is a nice 3 bedroom, 2 bath with a sunroom, in a gated swim, tennis community. We have mixed emotions about him moving. Of course you all know we would love to have the kids with us but it was time for Gerry to move on and stretch and grow. He is living with John who is one of the guys he taught with last year at Lithia Springs, Ryan who was one of his biggest rivals in high school (how time can change anything) you is a para-pro, and Ryan's girlfriend Ashley. I really wanted Gerry to buy a house instead of rent, but he plans on saving and buying next year.
Charlie had spoke with his boss about doing something other than food service at Disney. She (Nancy) got him in touch with another guy who told Charlie the best thing for him to do was to go back and finish school, they would give him "eligible for rehire" status, and then they could find him something more in line with what he ultimately wants to do if and when he came back. There has been over 250 students on the college program that have wanted to get out of their apartment leases and Charlie has been the only one approved, thanks to Nancy. So Charlie will be home next Friday or Saturday. He has been busy connecting with some of his contacts at Kennesaw and has already arranged free room and board, an internship and a job. All he has left is his thesis and an intership and he will graduate in December.
I don't know if any of you have seen Failure to Launch with the gorgeous Matthew McConaughey and the girl (her name escapes me) from Sex in the City (Sarah Jessica Parker) and Terry Bradshaw. Well once Matthew moved out Terry (his dad) turned his room into a naked room. NO we are not turning Gerry's room into a naked room, BUT it will sure be nice to be able to run around in our underwear or go naked when we want.
Well that is the update on our family - what is going on with the rest of you?
Love, Barbara
Sunday, July 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You get rid of them and I keep collecting them, hmm. I must be doing something wrong.
Well, I guess everybody now knows to call first when going to Barb and Gerry's. Unless you want to catch them running around naked..HMMmmm. Sorry to hear about Chalie before we got to see him. We are going for Kelly's birthday in Sept. Oh well.. He will be back , I hope..
GOOD LUCK NEIL!!!
We're home. And tired!! I only made one mistake on this vaction. I booked our flight home for 9pm out of Rome. We got off the boat at 8am. So by the time the driver got us to the airport, we only had to wait 12 hours. UGH!! Then we had a 2 hour drive home. We got home at almost 2am. Yesterday I downloaded all the pistures, you'll see some soon. Unpacked and started the laundry. Picked up the mutss. Went grocery shopping, and, oh yeah, Hayle had an orthodontist appt. Today, I have an eye dr. appt. And I have to find the rake to get rid of BJ hair. He's shedding like crazy! Then, if I get my work done, maybe we'll go swimming. But I am still tired.....
All you're kids are so grown up, moving out and getting jobs, and as Hayle would say it, 'Getting their OWN life'. She can't wait to get hers. In the meantime, she'll do what I say! HaHaHaHaHa!!!
I don't want to say any thing but is everybody sleeping???
Sounds good to me, Kathy. I need some fun myself.
You guys have too much fun..i may have to move back there..We are getting ready for "Chris" down here but there is no reason for people to be surprised at all. the programs are being interrupted every 15 minutes and it isn't suppose to MAYBE be here on Sunday. Any body who is not prepared is deaf i guess.. Hope it goes south!!or dissipates...And Have Fun!!
Thanks Kathy!!!!!!!!!!!! I did have a really good day. I laid around. Then we all went to the Vale and went swimming. Came home and laid around again, and then got ready for dinner. We walked to the Italian restaurant behind our house. It is SO good!! Walked home. I wore my new watch. yippee.
well, I'm still using my old watch for an 'everyday' watch. I have a couple broken watches, but then, why DO I still have them??? anyway, you wouldn't want them.
Thank God I don't have to worry about that stuff for awhile. Hyle still values my opinion (just a very little) and she asks my advice on how she will know when the guy is the right guy. So I tell her. ok, i gotta run. will right soon.
Post a Comment