Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Reunited and it feels so good (to be sung aloud)

Hello All.
First- Happy Belated Birthday Christy. And I'll go ahead and throw in a double whammy and say Happy Belated Birthday Brittany because (even though I reminded myself ten times to call her) I didn't call the Brit-ster to send my love.

Second- Congratulations Linsey. Waking someone from a coma rocks! That's right up there with turning a gay man straight. I've done neither, and therefore I consider my life a waste thus far. So congratulations Linsey- you're done. You can die now.

Third- The family reunion. I don't want to start a fight with this suggestion, but how does everyone feel about just having the Official Braun Family Reunion in Cape Hatteras Labor Day Weekend of 2008? With that much notice, nobody will have an excuse! Plus, we can make lots of plans and invite extended family (like the Faiellos). This year, if we want to get together, we can probably do so for Tony's wedding. They haven't made any plans yet, but there's a possibility they will want to do a small reception. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here, but I think Erin wants a beach wedding, and we can even use that time to scope out the Avon Cottages and what the beach has to offer. I just don't like the idea of calling it a family reunion when the whole family can't be there.

So how does that sound- Labor Day Weekend 2008- NO EXCUSES?!
Love you all,
Melissa

15 comments:

Mary Lesh said...

Me too! Oh, and Linsey you can't die yet.

Nancy said...

Love Love Love it!!! Yeah, Linsey, I know that's not what Melissa meant, you know what she meant.
The only thing is, I wonder when Tony's wedding will be, I don't want to miss that. Tony, could you call me and check my schedule before you plan your wedding? You know, so I can be there?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Just checked out Neil's work. I'm so impressed. He's going to make so much money! I'm jealous- maybe PR wasn't the way to go in school?!

Anonymous said...

Everything sounds great..But Thanksgiving..I will be in Wales, I think. My cooking would out do All of you. I guess it would be dumilies or egg noodles and bread crumbs.. I'll be thining of you all..

Nancy said...

Yes, Mom will be here. And don't think she will be sad she's not there with you! Don't call us laughing or anything like that. We will call you! However, anytime family gets together, we do all want to be there, even if we can't. Battle of the cooks sounds fun. Melissa, keep that in the back of your mind for when we do have the reunion! Wouldn't that be FUN!!?? Everyone making their favourite dish!! Ah, I can't wait already!!
Did anyone go donate blood yesterday??

Nancy said...

LET ME BE THE FIRST TO SAY---HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GERRY!!!!! The 5-hour time difference really does suck. When I wake up, I think of the phone calls, Brittany, Christy, Gerry, Linda, Mary, Rick. But I figured you all don't want calls at 3am. So I wait. Then I wait and say, well, just a little while longer and I'll wait til Pete and Hayle get home and we'll all sing in the phone. You knkow how that makes it sound better. Then, they get home, we eat, and then the dogs have to go out for a walk (we don't let them poop or pee in the 'garden' since we had it done, they have to go to the park) and when we get back, I forget. But I have thought of ALL of you on your birthdays, honest!! And I miss you all, and hope you had good days!!! Love you.

bobo said...

I think 2008 sounds awesome for the reunion! Christy...aren't you and Leehman submitting the video to win a wedding in Hawaii next year from Food TV????? I mean...hello... a VIDEO... Leehman...duh??? You guys would win!
Thanksgiving sounds good to me...if it is a battle of the cooks...do we draw for dishes or what? I actually prefer baking though...my cooking the other day with Gerry and Linda was pretty gross...so I would choose to make a dessert...I'm much better at baking than cooking!
And we WILL call you (Nancy) from Mary's LLAAUUGGHHIINNGG.
I know on the other blog someone said they saw Nacho Lebre...I took the kids and actually did laugh my butt off...Johnny does a great impression...I actually do too but I dont really want to bragg.
I gotta start getting ready for the gym...I joined LA Fitness after everyone was blogging about all the working out theyve been doing. I haven't gotten the nerve up to go into the weight room yet...I just stay on the elliptical ...my last experience with the weight room has left me a little gun shy!!!! Okay...later...

Nancy said...

Lori, I think it was YOU that said you saw Nacho Lebray, whaterver. I don't like Jack Black. I loved Napolean Dynamite, but Black is gross, so I'm not sure I'll see it. What did you cook that was gross??

bobo said...

I wanted to do something different from hotdogs and hamburgers, so I cooked teriyaki beef kabobs that were way too tough! We did cook hotdogs with Dads sauce...which saved the day! I also made Dad's Soda Cracker Pie and everyone loved it!
You are so gay if you don't like Jack Black...he is gross but that is why he is funny...
Hey, I burned like 370 calaries on the elliptical this morning...and did about 3.5 miles...so now I am looking to EAT...at least 370 calories worth of something!

Nancy said...

that's what I always do too. OK, I have asked you b4, and I don't want to have to ask again....I want dad's Soda Cracker Pie recipe. And since you just said you made dad's hot dog sauce, I want that too. Send them to me immediately.
And I am not gay for not liking Jack Black. I don't like his face!

bobo said...

you are Gay Lord! You will have to visit my blog to get the recipe for the pie.

http://youngestofeight.blogspot.com/

bobo said...

yeah...Ive been waiting for someone to blog too!
Hey Kathy, did you ever try the chicken and dumplings dish?
I think I have a toe fungus under the nail...I'm sure from a pedicure...does anyone know how to get rid of that?
Well, I need to go to Publix for milk and bread.
chow

Anonymous said...

Iknoww.. some, please put some more news on.Hey Rick how about the Yankee Game?? Any news??oh and Lori, call Linda. she had one too and I frget what she did but she did tell me.. Love you all

bobo said...

okay...well the chicken and dumplins COULDNT be easier and quicker...and delicious.
I didnt want to have to go to a Dr. about this but I think I might have to...darn...

Barbara said...

There is a medicine called Lamisil for toe fungus. I don't know if you need a prescription for it or not. I always call the pharmacist and ask them what is best before I ultimately have to go to the doctors.