Monday, June 12, 2006


This is not a close up, but this is my Indigo Bunting. The damned Tufted Titmouse will not let me get a picture of him. He is too fast.

13 comments:

Nancy said...

Now you're talking! We had 27 comments on the last post. And I thoroughly enjoyed them!! You're all so funny. I have seagulls. But in order to get a laugh out of that, you have to call Bridget's house and have Mike do an impression of them. Oh my God, I am laughing my butt off just thinking about it!! Ooops, guess I won't need to work out today! But sorry Mary. I couldn't give a crap about birds. They SO bore me. I hate them actually. They poop all over everything. And I really don't like seeing dead ones on the road. They're so stupid they swoop down in front of cars and trucks. Duh. Anyway, have to straighten up. The lady is coming today about curtains. Gotta get this newspaper down.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps if you said kinder things about the Tufted titmouse, it would slow down for you..Poor thing!And Nancy, when did Mike do an impression of a sea gull? You didn't take pictures?? for shame.

bobo said...

I want to laugh MY butt off too...what is funny that Mike did??
But, I do have to agree...I don't really care for birds either...I don't hate them like Nancy...but their pooping on my windshield does really bother me...then I have to wait for a good rain storm before it comes off...
I have to go clean the pee off the toilet and the surrounding floor of the kids bathroom..."aim" is still an issue in our house!
Can anyone please answer this..."Why do men have to STAND to pee?"

Nancy said...

here's what I did today. I did not go to the gym. Instead, I decided to get some things done around here that I've been meaning to. I sewed three things that needed repair. And wallpapered my room. (not really. the one wall behind our bed needed a 'primer' paper so that it could be painted) anyway, got that done. Hated every minute of it!! every second of it. I am beat.

ok, when BB & Mike were here last year. They slept with the window open, because you HAVE to. There's no A/C. Well, in the summer, the seagulls are aplenty. and in the summer, it gets light at around 4AM. So, one morning we all wake up and are in the kitchen, and we were talking. I don't even remember how it went. But Mike gave us an impression of a seagull. Imagine a screaming bird sound. They truly are LOUD! He was just like, yeah, it was really nice this morning waking up with this sound "Waaaagh"!!!!! It was too funny, because it was so true. And it was Mike.
Why Do Men Have To Stand To Pee? I don't know. 'Cause they can I guess.

bobo said...

Okay...first of all that story did not make me laugh my butt off at all.
Second...that is the gayest excuse I ever heard (a million times) for men standing to pee! I bet if they had to clean the mess up they would sit...oh no...they wouldn't clean it up!
Anyway, I am going to Houston's tonight for dinner...oh yeah baby! I love that place. And right now I'm going to read my Southern Living.
Later all

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just got an e-mail that is titled "If you were a girl in the 70's" and it shows pictures and tells of all the things we owned and did in the 70's. My question is, how come I got it from Ricky?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, now I remember, he wanted to be a girl in the 70's. Didn't he play dress-up and pretend to be driving a bus with the rest of the girls.

Mary Lesh said...

You all must have city birds. My birds don't poop on my car or all over. They poop in the woods and I stay out of the woods. I don't know why I like looking at the birds. I think it started with the hummingbird feeders. Hummingbirds are so cute cuz they are small. I have two hummingbird feeders and I just moved up to the bigger birds from there.
Well, I had another day of running to the car. I had another class and then another closing. Golly, it is not easier making all this money. I don't have much time for exercise lately. I know I have to squeeze it in once I finish up with these classes.

Nancy said...

Lori, that email came from me you ding dong. And my description won't make you laugh your butt off. Oh no. It's Mike doing the impression. Or, when I think of the he'she on Big Brother falling out of the bathroom door, that will make me laugh my butt off!! Oh Yeah!
I love Houstons too. Lucky you.
(Ooops, I just saw that post came from Kathy, not Lori) I'm still tired, it's early. Want to go back to bed after Pete and Hayle leve this morning. zzzzzz

bobo said...

Around here the birds are street smart and rude...they poop whenever they feel like it regardless of location. Country birds seem much more polite and well mannered. I still don't think I would want to watch them though.
I don't think the rest of use will ever see Mikes impression of a seagull...only Nancy will have that laugh!
I still laugh at AFHV when they show people fall...my favorite though is when people walk into sliding glass doors! Now that will make you laugh your butt off!!! When we were in Grand Cayman Rob fell on the rocks by the shore...AND I MISSED IT! I was only like 10 feet away but facing the water...I was SO MAD when he said "I just fell on those rocks and I'm bleeding"...I said "YOU DID...YOU JUST FELL???" I was mad that I had missed it...not concerned that he was bleeding in the ocean! So I tried to picture it in my head...I was asking him questions...How did you fall, did you slip, you landed on your knees or your butt...but he just got mad at me...loser! So I never really got to laugh at that one either. Damn him!

Anonymous said...

I received that e-mail twice. One from Nancy and one from Ricky. Gotta go, I'm late for work.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori, I went on your BLOG spot and the cookies look delicious but it won't let me post a comment without become a Blogger. I tried to enroll but got tired of them telling me that my name is incorrect. And I got tired of tring to make up names. I'll try again later

Anonymous said...

hey Kathy, this is what I did ..after I got just as mad!! I said I forgot my user name and password and they emailed it to me. I didn't ever remember joining..so maybe you can do the same thing. maybe you joined and didn't know it either