Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Here's a laugh your butt off moment


Christmas 2005! It was an awesome year!

39 comments:

Nancy said...

That was Funny!! But, I think I have attention deficit disorder. It's one o'clock, and I've got hardly anything done. I'm supposed to pain that wall in my room. i walked to the store to buy tape and a paint roller. came home and ate for about the 10th time. looked thru some cookbooks, watched tv. now i've taped and should paint, but had to come up here to see if anyone blogged anything. i texted pete to tell him to invite a bunch of people over for a party on july 1. pete's gonna make ribs and sangria. what do you think i should make to go with that??

Nancy said...

i meant paint

Mary Lesh said...

Corn on the cob goes with ribs

Mary Lesh said...

I took my car in to have the tires rotated, the front end aligned and the oil change and while they were doing that, I walked to the bank and then to Metro Brokers office and back. It took me an hour and a half. I think I got my exercise in for the day. Not 30 miles, but enough for me for the day.

Anonymous said...

Biasotti biscotti cookies would go real good.

Anonymous said...

Mary thank you for the analogies e-mail. They made me laugh so hard my face turned red, just like a lobster turns when it is being boiled.

Mary Lesh said...

I laughed my butt off, like a boulder falling down a mountain in an avalanche and crushing an entire town.

Mary Lesh said...

Wait, that wasn't very good. I laughed so hard my butt fell off, like a drunken clown walking on a tight rope.

Mary Lesh said...

I laughed so hard I had tears running down my face, like a camper being chased by a grizzly bear.

Nancy said...

I'll never look at a ballerina the same way again. Or when my dogs throw up I'll think of that laugh. Memories. like those things I keep in my brain and pull out of a file drawer, like the papers in my file I pull out when I need them. I'm not too good at this, but that email was funny.

Anonymous said...

I'm disappointed that no one else has any more analogies for us. As disappointed as a losing Republican listening to the poll results.

Anonymous said...

oh wow are we ever funny!!Well Lori had her "Procedure" done yesterday and all is well. But yesterday, when the hospital could not find her, i was so nervous..How nervous? well, (this does belong to Dad) I was as nervous as a pregnant nun in confession. Oh by the way , they finally foud her.

Mary Lesh said...

I'm glad they foud her. I'm as glad as a cow at chik-fi-la.

Anonymous said...

That was really good Mary. In fact that was as good as being at a red light, next to a really fast hot rod and when the light turns green, you and your little economical car buzz right by the hot rod because they got stuck behind a little old lady that can't reach her gas pedal.

Nancy said...

I am SO impressed!! How are you guys coming up with those?? I am clueless! As clueless as ...........can't even think of one, a little help here?

Anonymous said...

As clueless as some kids thinking they are going to take their expensive jeans to college instead of their talents.

Mary Lesh said...

As clueless as dead goldfish

Anonymous said...

O.K. I confess the last blog was me but I was too embarrassed to admit I was being a snot nose. As embarrassed as a flat chested woman going in for her first mammogram.

Anonymous said...

Well you guys are really funny and i just don't know what to say.I think ,instead, I will go shopping. I hope I have better luck than last time. I saw this real preety blouse that i really wanted. Oh the model it was on was a little slimmer than I.I still picked it up to take into the dressing room. As I carried it in , I knew exactly how the blouse felt. Like a big red strawberry(from Battens) sitting so proud on top of a big delicious sundae. Picture it. Then the strawberry saw this big silver spoon heading it's way. I put the blouse back

Anonymous said...

Since then I have cried so many tears just thinking about it...the tears were streaming down my face ...i felt like Nancy coming out of the movie house after seeing "The Champ"

Anonymous said...

oh Nancy...as clueless as Cherie wondering how to get out of a locked car...Sorry Chere, I couldn't resist it.

Anonymous said...

Very good mom,
OK everyone(especially you college graduates)I expect alot more out of you. Are you all brains or are you going to be all brawns!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA
Linsey and I are going out of town, maybe up to Holiday, NC and when we get back I expect some clever analogies on this BLOG. I don't have a portable PC like some other people I know so I have to wait until I get back to read all the clever things being written. As clever as finding a parachute and using is an anchor!?

Mary Lesh said...

My brain is sharper than a box of two sided razor blades.

bobo said...

well, I am back home! With all the drugs in me right now...I feel as sharp as a stick of butter.
At the hospital, my blood pressure was real low. As low as Pres. Bush's approval rating!
Okay, I think I'm going to take a nap...I don't know who's nap I will take...but taking one!

Barbara said...

Gerry says, these analogies are as worthless as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

Nancy said...

AAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH AH AH AH SJKH DSAHFG LFES.J;S H'DFUJPKJO; HTK6PN8MUZLJ;LFTIJ ';OIJ;L/DG;OLUJLRFK ;'PE OIPUJLOFJNL B.LKEDITPO9EHJ';DXD K.KFNMH

i laughed as hard as a, a, a, i suck at this. I laughed as hard as Lori, when mom fell.

Nancy said...

mom, you were gasping and sobbing so hard because the strawberry was scared, or becuse you left the store without a purchase? Or was that Bridget?

Anonymous said...

Actually I was thinking how sad the blouse was..it almost got to be on my back..now whai knows what happened..maybe a cross dresses bought it..isn't that sad. And yes I was thinking about the poor stawberry, how proud it was, making a beauty out of a plain dish of ice cream and then came the spoon..ok? now do you understand??

Anonymous said...

oh my god i hope Neil doesn't read that. whai is who and dresses is dresser

Anonymous said...

Mom, what the hell are you saying?
It's as clear as mud!!!

Mary Lesh said...

I understood mom, but then I am as brilliant as a diamond in the light.
I'm brighter than the sun.
I'm quicker than a speeding bullet

Nancy said...

it's sad. at first I thought, what the hell is she saying?? I had to read it several times, but did finally get it. and I thought, oh, she's gonna get hell for this. Lori, I'm glad you're home. I'm really glad they found you! That was scarey for us for a minute. How are you feeling. I hope Rob is keeping you cosy and serene with a full tummy and warm tea. I would do that for you. I think you need a pedicure. maybe he could do that for you. Let us know....

bobo said...

Rob has been good...but Johnny and Kelly have been the best...Kelly brought me in her three shelf table on wheels to put next to my bed with drinks, my meds, flowers, and some snacks...she takes my temp and my blood pressure...Johnny always gets me my drinks and he comes in alot to rub my feet and lay with me.
It is all very nice...but this laying around is getting VERY old. I have decided that I am not taking any more of the oxycodine...that makes me tired...

Mary Lesh said...

how tired Lori?

Nancy said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwww. I could just steal those 2 away!! They are the SWEETEST!!! (as sweet as orange juice concentrate without adding the water!) You can keep Rob. I don't think I could afford his grocery bill.
I'm gonna try to make a crab cake. It's my favorite. I'll let you know how it comes out. How long will you be 'laying around'?

Anonymous said...

Lori didn't tell you how Kelly really took care of her "Boo Boos". Lots of band aids. I thought that was so caring.Like a mom with her new born baby...

Anonymous said...

And Kathy whats with you ..Are you getting stupid? AS stupid as our president when a reporter asks him a question "off the record"..Hope not

Anonymous said...

No I'm not stupid but I have to admit I still don't understand "Whai is who and dresses is dresser". Sometimes I'm as thick as a ream of paper.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DEAR MARY AND RICKY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU