Saturday, June 10, 2006

Health & Fitness

I keep reading that everyone is doing something to live a healthier life style. GOOD JOB EVERYONE. Linda is walking daily, Mary has joined a gym, Nancy is working out, and Kathy has bought an exercise ball to start working out. And I have gained back nearly 10 pounds of what I had worked so hard at losing last year. So lets motivate each other by letting everyone know what we have done GOOD as well as what we have done BAD (like eat a 1/2 box of cookies at a time) so that we can help each other out. We can also share any tricks that are working for us. They were Snack Well cookies by the way. I am going to get back on track today, no more low-fat frozen yogurt, if I am going to eat cookies it will be a serving size not 3 or 4, and I am going to do some sort of exercise. Signing off to go put in 2 miles on the tread mill. So everyone what are you doing today?

28 comments:

Charlie said...

i put my 2.5 miles on the eliptical the day before yesterday and i'm going today too. i usually follow that by treating myself to a nice nap outside in the sun that i love so dear, but the forecast today is SMOKE. I think i'll stay inside, hahaha!

Jen said...

i went to the gym this morning and did 35 minutes on the eliptical, then did crunches & some machines. it was my 1st day getting back into the swing of things

and i'm hurtin.

now what's for lunch?

bobo said...

I ate pancakes, eggs, and toast this morning...and am about to have a bbq pork sandwich for lunch...YUM YUM!

Anonymous said...

well, now I guess we are the working out family. I went to the pool this AM and walked in it for 1 hour and 15 min..It was pure torture..haha. I did get my nails done too and they had to cut them , they were so long.. so i figured that would take care of the most delicious hot dog and sauerkraut that i just ate. Love you all

Barbara said...

Way to go Charlie, Jen, & Mom that is fabulous. Laurie enjoy it while you can because believe me it is coming. Well I got my 2 miles in on the tread mill and have done good on the food so far today but you know it is the evening hours that are the worst for me.

bobo said...

Oh, it is already here! I discovered that I like to eat...it is quite enjoyable...and I LOVE to cook...which doesn't help at all...actually I LOVE to bake which is worse than loving to cook.
Actually, I try to workout everyday too. I was running 1 mile and doing Rob's warm-up...which is like a workout for me. I did that for 2 weeks and now havent done it for 2 weeks. I will get that started again soon...I'm sure.

bobo said...

Can anyone tell me how the heck you become a contributor on this blog?

Anonymous said...

Lori, to "BLOG" you call BARB!!!! She takes care of all that stuff and she is a miracle worker. Linda, the recipe you want is the same as what Lori wants and yes I have the recipe. Ya'll are talking about the sloppy looking cake thingy, right? I'll print it tomorrow.
I walked around Helen today and that was good exercise but then I bought some fudge and ate it. Tomorrow I'm starting the task of stripping and re-varnishing my deck so that will be some good excercise. Hopefully it won't take me all summer to do it but I guess the next couple of weekends are spoken for.

Anonymous said...

What is a contributor? Wow, I am quite impressed with everyone's exercising. Just walking seems to give me energy and I feel that my clothes are already starting to sag a little. I have really started eating healthy and I don't even crave "stupid food". Although after Melissa's wedding, Barb and Gerry introduced me to some mighy fine cookies. I came home and bought a package where it was buy one/get one, so of course I bought two!! I hid them from hank so he didn't even know we had them and in the morning before he got up, I had already inhaled about 5/6 dipped in milk of course... When I got home from work, he was not there, so again I inhaled another 5/6...I learned real quick I could not buy them anymore. Now I only buy shit that Hank likes..then I am not tempted..I Haven't really started to exercise, just the walking for now. You know, start with tiny steps....What's going on with the family reunion for next summer?? We are starting to plan our next vacation, which will probably be in Sept of 2007. We are going to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetans. So we need to start planning the reunion. Is Melissa gonna head that up? Gotta go. Love you all..
ps..I give everyone credit that uses an eliptical machine. I think I mastered that for about a minute and a half...then I'm done..

bobo said...

What are you talking about...reunion??? I have not heard of this! Next summer we are in Rome, France, and with Nancy. Is that where the reunion is? That would be cool!!
oh...and by the way...I usually do 3.4 miles on the elliptical in 30 minutes. The hardest is when you do 2 minutes of really fast with the ramp high and then 2 minutes slow with the ramp low. Do that for 30 minutes and you will sweat your butt CLEAN OFF! I'm not even kidding...it is awesome.
If you don't have an elliptacal...just run at your fastest pace for as long as you can and then fast walk for the same amount of time...and so on...until you just can't anymore!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LINDA ..HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

Nancy said...

YEA! Happy Birthday!! Doing anything good?? Well, we ate and drank seems like all day yesterday in Bath. But we also did a bit of walking, but not a whole lot. And today I'm not planning on excerising. We are going to Costco. It's 30 minutes away, and first we have to go pick up Hayle at her friends house. Looks to be a lazy day. Lori, you seem to be on the blog alot more now, which is good. but you missed the comments awhile back when we all talked about the reunion. I freaked out because I didn't want it to interfere with you coming here. Hopefully you can do both. I'm sure by now, mom's told you about it. But someone needs to update here in case she hasn't. IS Melissa working on something?? And do not judge my taste in movies. I was compelled to see United 93, even though I knew it was going to be hard to see. I DOO however prefer funny movies or scarey ones. ANYWAY, we watch Big Brother over here. And the other day this he/she person was leaving the bathroom and fell. I about laughed so hard I peed. I thought of you Lori. I made pete rewind it so I could watch it again. If I had control of the remote, I would have rewound it 50 times. God it was funny.

Mary Lesh said...

Where have I been. All this posting going on and I had to be in a classroom going over policies and procedures. BOOORING. After my class I did drive up to the house I listed last week to put an UNDER CONTRACT sign up. That was exciting. I have another boring class to take again today. I do not look forward to it. These classes I am taking are mandated by Metro Brokers so I have no choice. I think they will get a little better around class 3. Would you believe I will have homework again? Of course it is all about writing a contract. I think I can do that.
I have not been to the gym in 4 or 5 days. You all do not understand how busy I have been. And this coming week, I just don't know how I am going to work in the gym. I have a closing Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I also have a class Tuesday and Friday. I need to get some listings. I sold the only two I had last week. god I am good.

Nancy said...

Mary, anything happen with the relocation thing?

Barbara said...

So how many days do they say it takes to make a habit? Two days of not overeating and exercising.

Anonymous said...

If chuck Norris said it, it must true!! I'm quite impressed by both your reading and working out. I just got back from my morning walk. I passed a man lying on the bench that I thought may have died, but his one arm was standing right straight up (like Dad's) and it had a lit cigarette in it. However, he was not moving. Of course then I had to keep looking over my shoulders for my entire walk. It just doesn't go smoothly when you are doing that. One time I turned around and got the shit scared out of me by my own shadow!!! Then of course I had to fight off the frogs, ducks and a racoon. Those racoons look so mean with that dam mask on their face. And they are not afraid of humans. I worked myself into what I would call a tiny jog. I was quite impressed. I must have been quite the sight with my tits bouncing from side to side and my ass cheeks doing the same. I was sweating like crazy. (Lori, your work out pants would have come in handy this morning, you know the one's that were air conditioned).I was almost home when I saw this GIANT frog, just waiting for me. As I contemplated which way to go, I realized he was standing his ground. I was really starting o get pissed. But as I got closer, I realized it was a pinecone. Bastard!!
Gotta go get a shower!!
Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Hey Neil, are you sure about that 150 times to become natural? That seems like alot. Would you do me a favor and call the Chuck Norris hot-line and ask them!!

Mary Lesh said...

Nancy,
I did not hear back from the lady. I sent her my information.
Linda,
Your walk had to be very scary. Especially the pinecone frog.

bobo said...

Whats worse than a raccoon is a friggin possum! But I hate slimy frogs too...not too afraid of pine cones though...hmm.
Anyway, sounds like you had quite the workout.
Mom did not fill me in on this reunion you people talk of!! Gotta run though...Kelly is moving the furniture in her bedroom without me, and I can't miss out on that fun!
Later

Nancy said...

Lori, how funny!! She's just like you. Linda, you had to quick 'blog' before you took your shower? What's gotten into you? And you had a terribly scarey walk, your shadow and all those animals. Good God, I'm glad I go to a gym. Ok, here's what I did today. Was working out, did 20 minutes on elyptical, 21 minutes on treadmill. then 3 leg machines and 60 crunches. While doing that, I remembered I had scheduled a facial for today. Yeah. So went in the steam room, took a shower (then had to kill an hour due to forgetting about the facial) so I went and got fabric for curtains for the office. Once they're made, I can take the newspaper and/or pillowcase I taped up, out of the window. Then I went back for nearly 1.5 hour facial. WOW, it was awesome!! Then I rushed home to cook Pete a wonderful meal. But I didn't like it at all. A new recipe for chicken wings. Oh well. Normally I cook better than that. Too bad it's his birthday meal...

Barbara said...

Well Gerry and I went for a bike ride today. 31 miles yes thirty-one miles. Can you believe it? We went 15.5 miles one way and stopped by the river and had lunch. Then started back. At the beginning of the ride it took about 2 miles before we got past the pain and the remaining 13.5 miles were a breeze. After lunch it took about 4-5 miles to work into a descent rhytm. We had to stop because we couldn't even peddle we were laughing at how pathetic we were. Then it got a bit easier, but by the last 2 miles I couldn't tell what hurt worst, the ass, the cooter, the back, my wrist, the incredible headache I had or my thighs. It started to rain just before we finished. On the way home it just let loose. We saw two snakes, a red cardinal, a frog, a deer, and a couple of frisky sets of squirels. But the snakes did freak me out a bit. I like to look around at the scenery, thank goodness Gerry has a tendency to look at the trail otherwise I no doubtedly would have ran them over. I think I will sleep good tonight.

Anonymous said...

Well, today I drove to work. Didn't see any live animals along the way. Went to lunch and had a lively conversation with one of Neil's friends, Cody. He's so nice. Then I drove back to work and looked out the window some and finally saw a field mouse. That was scary!!! I'm so exhausted from all this that I might have my glass of wine ealy tonight.

bobo said...

God...you and Gerry are so romantic...biked for a picnic lunch...What is up with all these pesky rodents...they are all gross...thank god you had Gerry there to protect you!
Okay, Kelly and I moved the furniture in her room and now it looks great...that is until one of us feels the need to change it up again. Oh yeah, I moved Johnny's room around yesterday...Tomorrow is the office and I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I just love that Kelly is so like Lori. Just wait till she is older and you come home and think you are in the wrong house because she moved all the furniture without your consent..And she also takes her hair out of the beautiful braids that Lori spent so much time doing..HEHE Paybacks are hell.Oh I did my walking in the pool again today. No sweat though..I must be getting use to it. There was a bird there though..It kept going: WHO WHO...What kind is that Mary?

Mary Lesh said...

That would be an owl Mom.
Let me see. Today I got up and ran to the bathroom. Man I can piss like a racehorse in the am. Then I walked out to the kitchen and made my coffe, walked over to the sofa and turned on the tv and opened my laptop. (That was good thinking on my part last night. I didn't have to walk all the way into my office) Checked my email (all three accounts) played some games, ran to the bathroom. I did a load of laundry and had to fax a bunch ot things, spent a long time getting my files in order and played a few more games. Then I had to walk out to the car and go to my Metro office, walk inside and drop off a contract, go back out to the car and drive to the attorney's office. Walked back out to the car to go up the street to find my client and lead him back, then back into the attorney's office. Had to walk into a couple of the offices, say hello to two of my favorite attorneys, an agent I know. . . Walked back out to the car. I guess I had quite a work out myself. Tomorrow will be a lot like today. I have a class and a closing.
Just in case you are all dying of curiosity, I have been keeping track of the birds that are visiting my sanctuary. I have an Eastern Towhee, Chipping sparrows, Cardinals, Blue Jays, and my three favorite, an Indigo Bunting, Tufted Titmouse, and an American Golden Finch. Check out the Indigo Bunting and the Titmouse

Anonymous said...

Holy shit, we are going to be known an the Braun Beauties!! I guess my little walking in the am is nothing compared to everyone else. I'll have to try harder. And Barb, I am so glad you had Gerry there to protect you from that snake. I'm sure he just jumped off the bike, swooped it up and threw it 20 yards and got back on the bike , all in one smooth motion...Way to go Gerry!!! Now for the truth. Gerry got scared and fell. Barb came to his rescue and jumped off her bike, grabbed the snake and bit off it's head!! Job well done and I must say, very much expected. However, a picture would have been worth 100 words. Kathy, don't even bother looking for animals until your lids have been fixed and you can see again. No sense trying to strain when those lids are covering half your eyes!! Mary, I'm glad you bird watching is paying off, but where are the pictures? I'm sure there is some way to use the taking of pictures as some form of exercise!! I'm stilll impressed with the 31 miles on the bikes!! How can ya top that? Nancy, I'm jealous about the facial, I've never had one. Maybe next time you can find time for a cooking class..Did you ever buy a new sewing machine? Mom has been walking in the pool every morning. Remember when she would turn pale white at the thought of going in a pool?? And she told me today, that she walks, while all those other old biddies sit on their noodles!!!Way to go MOM!! Lori. you are still a baby and have so much to learn. Once day soon your ass will be as wide as ours, Lucky You!! Once you hit 40, it's downhill from there...

Barbara said...

I did want to stop and take a picture, but Gerry said NO. That bike ride did take it out of me, I slept till nearly 9 o'clock today. Luckily I am not sore so I plan to get on the treadmill. I am also so impressed with mom - WAY TO GO MOM. You know working out in the pool is one of the best workouts. The resistance of the water and no impact on the joints. The girls next door have styrofoam weights they use in the pool. You should get some Mom that would impress all the sun goddesses. Kathy, I haven't heard anything about you and your work out ball. And I am not refering to Pete. Lori, did you get my email on how to post vs commenting? Linda, you have never had a facial? You deprived child. You have to go get one. I think they are even better than massages. You get your upper body massage with the great benefits of a facial. Two for one in my book. How's the weather in Florida? Alberto giving you any trouble?
Love you all,
Barbara
Hope this post this time. So annoying writing and then to see "having difficulties" try later.

Barbara said...

Nancy, John has a great recipe for wings if you like them hot and spicey. Yum Yum