Okay everyone. Enough of the nicities. John said he was going to cook dinner Friday night. I naturally said okay. After all I wanted to be sure John had an opportunity to do something nice. Well, he calls to tell me what's for dinner. He decided to make Broccoli Cheese Soup, never mind it was 80 degrees out. Then he tells me he bought beer battered fish. I asked what we were having with the fish and he says, "soup." I don't know about the rest of you, but soup and fish do not a dinner make. This kind act of John's has turned into torture. I tried, in vain, to explain to John that fish and soup just don't go. You can have just soup or you can have soup with dinner, but the dinner must be more than fish. He doesn't understand which really annoys me. What the hell was he thinking? I couldn't even talk to him because he just sounded stupid. This has been bothering me for two days. Am I nuts or is John? If you think it is me, do not respond.
Sunday, April 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
I must agree with you. Soup and fish is not a meal. Soup and Salad is a meal and soup and meat/potato/garlic bread is a meal. Fish/fries/cole slaw/hush puppies is a meal. Fish/fries is a meal. Maybe gumbo and fish/fries could be a meal. But broccoli chesse soup and fish is not a meal..And by the looks of the Braun girls, we know our meals. We all look very healthy. Well, maybe not Bo!! She's the baby and doesn't know to much. After all, she thinks a radish cut into four pieces is a snack!! Not in my kitchen. I guess that's why her kids loving coming over to my house. They head straight for the kitchen and ask if they can have one of Hank's snacks. They know what a snack is suppose to look like. The kids aren't dumb!! Speaking if dinner, mine is burning. Gotta go, the house is full of smoke!!
Oh my god!! What is the use of having a man in the house if he can't do anything. I was using and indoor grill and it became a little smokey. Instead of doing something, he's screaming for me to come. He could have opened the windows and got the fan!! I just have to do everything...Then because I opened the doors and windows, all the neighbors had to come out and see what was going on. I asked them if they wanted to come and eat with us, but no one took me up on it, thank god!! I only had two filets and two baked potatoes, plus burned onions (just the way I like them) and garlic bread. Tell John, that is a dinner. The smoke just made me feel like we were on a picnic. And the steak was perfect. Who cares if we couldn't see each other at the table because of the smoke. That way Hank couldn't ask me if I tasted it? (I tend to inhale mine) But I do manage to get a taste...Oh well I better go, the smoke is starting to bother me. I better go take care of it, since on one else will..
Well, Kathy and I decided we did not want to be the first one to answer that blog.(Kinda like teasing MaryEllen, thinking she was wrong). Anyway Linda, made me hungry. You should have invited me over Linda. I would have helped you inhale. And I love burned onions. What are your neighbors crazy? have they never seen smoke before? Century Village is too old..it takes a little smoke to get them excited... Any way Mary, You are right fish and soup is not a meal.. Soip alone would be a meal. Fish alone would not!unless it was tuna on rye. But then you would have two things agasin. Oh well let me sleep on this Happy Early Birthday JOhn. The real MOM
I suppose your'e going to tell me my leftover rice-a-roni is not a meal?! How about a good old can of peas? Linsey had some girl friends spend the night and in the morning I gave them coffee and popcorn. Are you going to tell me thats not a meal? Linda, you eat way way too good. I can't remember when I had a steak. Oh, yeah, it was when I had to feed a man in the house.
How about Kraft spaghetti, is that a good meal? The other night I did grill some chicken but then I didn't feel like making anything else so we ate it with pretzels. Is that a meal? I think so...BUT soup and fish is not a meal. Sorry John
Oh yeah, Happy Birthday John. Hope you enjoyed your birthday dinner.
ok, I am odd girl out. I would have been perfectly thrilled if someone cooked me a meal, soup and fish. however, it would HAVE to have bread, now THAT is a fine meal!! Linda, all I can think since you wrote is about thosse burned onions, not the steak, the burned onions. Man that sounds good! And mom, we have had crackers and popcorn for dinner, you're tell me soup and fish is not......wait, mom doesn't like fish, that's why she doesn't consider it a meal. but then she'd be left with soup only, which she said WAS a meal. that's it, your all full of baloney. which could be considered a meal......John, you are right, Mary is wrong.
Nancy, you are out of your ming. Perhaps you did not read my post clearly. At the bottom, it said if don't agree with me, don't comment.
Which is why I have not commented.
heheheheheh
whats a ming?
OK You are all crazy. I cooked good meals!! I am sick and tired of being picked on. Who taught dad how to cook?? MY MOM. Who taught me how to cook? MY MOM. So there. And you would never have known what dumilies are if it were up to dad. It was me ..me...me.. And I did have fish last week at a luncheon and it was delicious. BUT we had twice baked potato(UMUM good) and peas and tarter sauce. I loved the fish too... That was a meal..fish with soup? no deal..
sounds like Jan Brady is a little upset (Marcia, Marcia, Marcia...) and I won't believe it unless I see it that Mom ate fish that wasn't tuna fish salad!! No freaking way! And you're telling all of us that you taught Dad to cook???? I don't have any recipes written in your handwriting honey. Hah!
a ming is a terrible thing to waste
UMM Honey!! I was doing the cooking while dad was doing the writing!!OK??And i ate blackened flounder and it was to die for..I loved it. OK HONEY?? And Mary I havenot wasted and ming. Thank heavens..
Mom writes like shes wasted on ming. (I want some):)
What's ming??
UH Kathy, what are you doing still up at 11:00 pm. Are you out of yout ming?
how long does it take for that ming to wear of mom??
I think you mean off not of but then again, if that is so, then you will have to admit that you can't type either so stop PICKING ON ME!!!!!
Post a Comment