Are you young kids doing this just to keep us older ones on a constant diet? OMG the next 12 months or so are going to be so much fun. I'm so excited. Congratulations!!!
JEEZ LOUISE!!!! ANOTHER ENGAGEMENT! This year is the year for the Braun family!
Congrats Christy & Leeman! I'm super excited. Now now, I hope that you will still be up for helping me, and heck, I may not be well equipped but I'm up for helping with you too! How long of an engagement will you think of having? Email me so I can hear all the juicy details!!
AAAAAAGH!!!!! Come on! We want details of the engagement, how did it happen? Seriously, I'm gonna have to take Hayle out of school next year!! OMG, I'm so excited!!!
Let's see...... Leeman carried the ring with him all thru Costa Rica waiting for the perfect moment, but he didn't really feel it. So on our second day home, he asked if I wanted to go to the beach and have a picnic? It was pretty hot and spontaneous so I was the slightest bit hesitant, but Leeman started packing up and just kind of waited (like are you ready). So we stopped by the store and got, fruit, cheese, crackers, dessert, and champagne (getting a little suspicious, but certainly not the first time). As we headed for the beach I remember thinking do not be disappointed if he doesn't ask. After all a picnic on the beach is a nice thing. It should certainly not bring about pouting. The beach was nice because it actually was shaded and there were very few people. After we finished everything (champagne, fruit, dessert, cheese) I started to really give up on the idea. But then he started talking about us and love (won't bore you or embarrass myself with the details) and he said he wanted to make it "official" (but still no ring in sight) and I started thinking no shit!? Finally, he reached behind him and got the ring. HALLELUJAH!!!! It was really sweet for 2 seconds and then I wanted my phone and to pack it up and get to Lori's. I can't stop looking at my ring, I love it. And he has been introducing me as his fiancee which I love the sound of. I always thought I wanted a long engagement, but suddenly I want a new last name. I love the sound of Christy LeClair. It is only fair I get an awesome last name when I have had " Hussain" the longest 30 years.
Christy, I love the ring too, and I don't blame you for wanting to hurry it up so you can wear the 2nd band-that is beutiful too!!! holy crap, i'm so jealous i couldn't go dress shopping!! rrrrrrrrrrrr!!! ihate being SO far away! ok, need a date. you guys are gonna kill me with airfares. but we are not missing anything!!
What are you talking about Nancy, I am the mother of the bride and I didn't get to go dress shopping. It is killing me. I do need a little time. I have 50 pounds to drop. Of course I said that for Melissa's wedding and it never happened. And just so you all know, Leeman keeps calling me Mom. Isn't that so sweet? I love it.
I know, Mom has to find someone new. She had first dibs on Leeman if they ever broke up. Sorry Mom. I think he was looking for an Asian woman. It has nothing to do with age.
christy that is so mushy! i love it!!!! we both wanted it the day it happened and thought our "idea" of it happening was just another "maybe"...but it really did happen!
so how short of an engagement are we talkin mrs leeman?
Well.... I know with all the weddings next year there is no "good" time. With that being said (and if money permits) I am thinking end of april or may. Leeman's sister lives in South Africa and will be home in april-may and since Leeman is inviting maybe 20 people it would be nice if his sister could be there. Plus I can't imagine waiting till 2010 april or may. Finally, it would be nice to be married before I am 31! Who knows we are waiting to see if Leeman got this job and it looks like we will both be working 2nd jobs for about 6 months. We shall see.
16 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS - Love is in the air.
Are you young kids doing this just to keep us older ones on a constant diet? OMG the next 12 months or so are going to be so much fun. I'm so excited.
Congratulations!!!
JEEZ LOUISE!!!!
ANOTHER ENGAGEMENT! This year is the year for the Braun family!
Congrats Christy & Leeman! I'm super excited. Now now, I hope that you will still be up for helping me, and heck, I may not be well equipped but I'm up for helping with you too! How long of an engagement will you think of having? Email me so I can hear all the juicy details!!
OMG, I am so excited.
AAAAAAGH!!!!! Come on! We want details of the engagement, how did it happen? Seriously, I'm gonna have to take Hayle out of school next year!! OMG, I'm so excited!!!
who needs school anyway!??!?!
Let's see...... Leeman carried the ring with him all thru Costa Rica waiting for the perfect moment, but he didn't really feel it. So on our second day home, he asked if I wanted to go to the beach and have a picnic? It was pretty hot and spontaneous so I was the slightest bit hesitant, but Leeman started packing up and just kind of waited (like are you ready). So we stopped by the store and got, fruit, cheese, crackers, dessert, and champagne (getting a little suspicious, but certainly not the first time). As we headed for the beach I remember thinking do not be disappointed if he doesn't ask. After all a picnic on the beach is a nice thing. It should certainly not bring about pouting. The beach was nice because it actually was shaded and there were very few people. After we finished everything (champagne, fruit, dessert, cheese) I started to really give up on the idea. But then he started talking about us and love (won't bore you or embarrass myself with the details) and he said he wanted to make it "official" (but still no ring in sight) and I started thinking no shit!? Finally, he reached behind him and got the ring. HALLELUJAH!!!! It was really sweet for 2 seconds and then I wanted my phone and to pack it up and get to Lori's. I can't stop looking at my ring, I love it. And he has been introducing me as his fiancee which I love the sound of. I always thought I wanted a long engagement, but suddenly I want a new last name. I love the sound of Christy LeClair. It is only fair I get an awesome last name when I have had " Hussain" the longest 30 years.
Oh yeah, I posted a 2 more pics of the ring on my flickr page.
www.flickr.com/photos/christyhussain
Yes Christy LeClair has a nice sound.
Christy, I love the ring too, and I don't blame you for wanting to hurry it up so you can wear the 2nd band-that is beutiful too!!! holy crap, i'm so jealous i couldn't go dress shopping!! rrrrrrrrrrrr!!! ihate being SO far away! ok, need a date. you guys are gonna kill me with airfares. but we are not missing anything!!
What are you talking about Nancy, I am the mother of the bride and I didn't get to go dress shopping. It is killing me. I do need a little time. I have 50 pounds to drop. Of course I said that for Melissa's wedding and it never happened.
And just so you all know, Leeman keeps calling me Mom. Isn't that so sweet? I love it.
i know mary, but at least you know you WILL go. I probably never will get to!! Whaaaaa! and yes, leeman is adorable! I heard mom is upset though.
let me just be the first to say con leche....I know your wedding will be muy pura vida.....maybe diego could be in the bridal party
I know, Mom has to find someone new. She had first dibs on Leeman if they ever broke up. Sorry Mom. I think he was looking for an Asian woman. It has nothing to do with age.
christy that is so mushy! i love it!!!! we both wanted it the day it happened and thought our "idea" of it happening was just another "maybe"...but it really did happen!
so how short of an engagement are we talkin mrs leeman?
Well.... I know with all the weddings next year there is no "good" time. With that being said (and if money permits) I am thinking end of april or may. Leeman's sister lives in South Africa and will be home in april-may and since Leeman is inviting maybe 20 people it would be nice if his sister could be there. Plus I can't imagine waiting till 2010 april or may. Finally, it would be nice to be married before I am 31! Who knows we are waiting to see if Leeman got this job and it looks like we will both be working 2nd jobs for about 6 months. We shall see.
Post a Comment