We did the zip lines through the Costa Rican forest. We LOVED it and had so much FUN! Some of the lines were really high...like flying with wonderful views of the forest below. We also did the TARZAN swing which was amazing! A few in the group were scared though. We were pushed off a platform to swing out over the forest. The initial jump was scary but then the swinging was so much fun. That was everybody's favorite. We are off to another adventure tomorrow...adios!
Saturday, August 02, 2008
Costa Rica
We did the zip lines through the Costa Rican forest. We LOVED it and had so much FUN! Some of the lines were really high...like flying with wonderful views of the forest below. We also did the TARZAN swing which was amazing! A few in the group were scared though. We were pushed off a platform to swing out over the forest. The initial jump was scary but then the swinging was so much fun. That was everybody's favorite. We are off to another adventure tomorrow...adios!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
Christy you and Rob looked scarred to death. Leeman and Lori looked like lets go. Looks like tons of fun. Are you all on a cruise? Details, details???
Ok on a second look - you all look scared to death.
yes, they did!! how funny! you know we all zoomed in to see your faces up close!! I'm glad you got everyone!! Kelly and Johnny must be the only brave ones, they look like they can handle it!! True adventurers!! Isn't stuff like that such adrenalin rushes! It makes you feel incredible!! I can't wait to see what your next adventure it!!!
is
OMG, I couldn't do it! I would miss out on so much fun. I am such a chicken sh@#. I feel the rush watching you all.
The guides knew I was scared and I told them they would have to push me. Then they handed me the rope and said hold on tight left hand over right. I said, which hand on top? and they pushed me mid sentence. I truly was terrified and don't know if I could do it again, but it was sooooo much fun. Now we are off to Manuel Antonio. We stopped in a town called Jaco a cool surf town slightly overrun by Americans, but it is cool. We are getting some lunch and then back on the crazy roads.
Way too much fun.
I finally was able to enlarge the pictures and I have to say, Johnny and Kelly look as cool as cucumbers. What is with all you chicken adults? Not that I would even do it, but all you adults look mighty scared.
lori, mom wants to know what you're doing with your legs? HAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, what are you doing??!!
Happy Birthday Nancy!
Shit, I signed on earlier and didn't see any Happy Birthday's to Nancy so I went to check my calendar to make sure it was her birthday (I wnated to be the first one to say it) and when I came back online, mary beat me to it. Anyone, Happy Birthday Nancy, I hope you have a WONDERFUL day
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY!!!!!!!
Thank you everyone!! I'm sitting her with my glass of wine, while pete and hayle run around the kitchen cooking dinner. mmmmmm. hey, Gerry (barb-ask gerry) do you remember when you put that suction cup thingy on your forehead and left it there thinking it was funny? when you took it off, you had a big purple circle on your forehead. now that was funny! well, today, hayle thought it was funny when she sipped out of an apple juice bottle and her upper lip was suctioned in. yes, she has a purple upper lip. really cute! ;-))
it looks like you guys are pro's at that whole zip line thing ;) i think i'd be too scared to ever zip line, even though it looks like so much fun. a boy here died falling from one of those-been scared since!
mary-dad told me what you told him! i think it sounds FANTAstiC!!!! i'd love it! you did such a great job on melissa's !
as for the wedding plans, go ahead and prettymuch figure we're getting married either the 20th or 21st of June 09'. We haven't set it in concrete yet , but that is the weekend we're most interested in! What better way to celebrate dad's birthday or father's day lol!
I know it is the weekend after Gerry's....so just keep that in mind.
Christy you have the best face pic when enlarged. I think you should use that as your Facebook profile pic! Omg i am laughing so hard! I want to do it now so bad!
Happy Birthday from The Biasottis and Leeman and Christy. Hope you have a great day and wonderful dinner. Pura Vida!!!
Nancy, just walked in the house from my trip back up to Dahlonega, and I'm still in time to wish you a very happy birthday. How was dinner?
dinner was delish! today I scrubbed the kitchen floor. pete and hayle were like, ew, gross, look at our feet. and literally, they were BLACK! It really was gross! so, today she and a friend are practicing and then making an air guitar video to enter into a jonas brothers competition. pete's out of town tonight and tomorrow. so popcorn for dinner. and maybe some cheese.
well we are back home. I love America! We really DO have it awesome in this country. We had a great time and are starting our plans for the next location and adventure.
Yesterday we visited the rain forest and saw a sloth...just being a sloth, and a group of white face monkeys. They are so cute. They have such a human-like face that is weird. There was a holla back monkey right outside our restaurant at lunch too.
We did ocean kayaking one day. The views were incredible. Mountains and islands and beaches all in eye shot. I got sea sick and had to hike up to wait for the bus to pick me up. Everyone else saw a sea turtle on their way back.
I love seeing and being part of the different cultures. We met interesting people and Leeman got some footage that will be unbelievable. He will have to keep s all posted on the video release date.
It sounds like so much fun. I would love to go to those places but I would not do all the scary things. I would just take pictures of everyone doing the scary things.
Nancy, I hear ya with those dirty floors. That's why I don't walk around barefoot. yuck. It only takes a minute of people walking around to dirty up those floors again. And when ever John is out of town, which isn't very often, I have ice cream for dinner.
Happy Anniversary Rick & Cherie
Post a Comment