Nancy, you asked for it, you got it.
Nothing new here, just changing things up for Nancy. I must say I agree with her. I hate having to scroll so far down. I wanted to change it before but everyone was writing. I didn't want someone's comment to go unnoticed.
Wednesday, December 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

36 comments:
beautiful picture mary!!!
So my bags got here at 4:15pm!! Yay!! But I was confined for 2 days!!!!
Thanks. It's an old picture. I took it back in 2007 or 2007.
Glad you got your bags. Why were you confined?
'07 or '07? How can you tell?
I had to stay here because they say, 'You'll receive your bags between the hours of 8:30 and 5:30pm.'
I think it was 2007, Mary. I don't think those kinds of ornaments came out until late 2007.
On my way for my daily infusion of drugs. This is getting really bothersome but I am making some new friends. Granted, they are all sick, but they are new friends.
Kathy, you are funny!
Here's an update from the Durboraw family on their son:
Clay remains stable and so far they have been able to keep his intracranial pressure (ICP) within an acceptable range. It will be several days before they begin to ween him off the various forms of life support he is on. We are confident and thankful that Clay is getting excellent care from the staff at Levine Childrens PICU. We are overwhelmed by the flood of kind words and support from all of you. Keep 'em coming!
PS: Right now it is important that Clay does not receive a lot of outside stimulous because the doctors think it may raise his IPC. For that reason we ask that Clay receives no visitors for a while.
Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers,
Pleas keep praying..
I'm glad Clay is kind of sort of getting better. I'll keep the prayers coming.
John is coming home from Germany this afternoon and I am so excited. They did not get all they wanted done so they are sending John back in Feb. Looks like his mileage will pay for my trip to Wales in May--yeah. Unless John decides to be selfish and keep them for himself. Surely he wouldn't deny me a trip when he has gone on three. Well, we'll see.
OK I am watching Garth Brooks on Larry King. He is the greatest..OMG He reminds me so much of Gerry. They look so much alike.....Any way We HAVE to go see him...That would be so much fun. Who wants to go? He is Las Vegas....LETS GO..Even the guys can go just as long as they don't interfere with the Braun Girls..LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!in
I'm in. Pick a date and lets go. Right now I'm going to the Army, Navy game down in Philly. GO NAVY!!!
I'm IN!!! When?!
JUST FOUND OUT THAT HIS TICKETS ARE $225. THAT IS CRAZY.....YIKES!!
I think today is Hank's Birthday....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HANK!!!!!
Mom - go back and look at the calendar on the front page of the blog.
OK< I AM A LITTLE LATE...I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT CARL, BRIAN AND HANK HAD THE 1 2 COMBINATION IN THEIR BIRTHDAYS...I WONDER WHERE I GOT THAT IDEA? HMMMM...
I was going to argue with you Barb until I realized today is the 12th. Time flies when you are having fun.
Happy belated birthday, Hank!
OMG, it's Hank's birthday!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANK!
OK Nancy, Where are you??and what are you up to?????you should be in NC by now........
This cold is ridiculous! 2 degrees in Douglasville this morning with the wind chill factor. I wish it would snow--and stay. This cold warrants a snowfall. A lasting, piled high, snowfall.
I really welcome each and every hot flash!
we are in NC! We have hit the ground running! We didn't get in until 10:30pm Sunday! We woke up at 5am, and we were out shopping by 9 after breakfast! We had a lot of fun shopping and lunching, and snacking! (will HAVE to get to the gym!!) Then Today, I had a dentist appt, picked up Nick from school, straight to the airport to pick up Carol, straight to A xmas tree farm and then picked up a pizza for dinner, got home, unloaded the tree with NO MEN! ate, had a glass of wine, made lists and lists of things Carol has lined up! She will have us BUSY! Decorating and food shopping and decoration shopping, get to the post office to send Brittany's gift. So, so busy, and now very tired!
Rick, I hope to hear from you soon!!!
Busy, busy, busy, Nancy! I have had to work all weekend and Monday and today. I've been stopping at different stores each night trying to finish up my shopping. We leave for DE Thursday at 3:00. We are planning to stop in Richmond for the night, finish the trip Fri. morning. We'll stay at Johnnys until Sunday morning, run up to Hazleton to see John's brother and from there go to Pittsburgh to see Janina (I'm really going to see Pittsburgh) and then leaving for home Monday about noon.
I still haven't put up any Christmas decorations. I have to finish my shopping today and prepare breakfast for the Women's Council of Realtors. I cater their breakfast each month. Naturally tomorrow is an important breakfast because it is the installation of 2011 officers so we have the State President and President Elect coming to our meeting. I actually have a reputation as a "chef" at WCR. The National President for WCR was from Georgia and she came to our meetings many times over the years. She gave me the title "Chef Lesh." Fun, fun, fun!
Oh, you busy, busy people. I'm off to my daily infusion.
OK not to bring up a sad subject, but nobody in my family is checking off "watched someone die" on their bucket list. I know I was not the only one in dads room with him when he died. So I'm correcting everyone. There I feel better. OK back to Christmas, I'm off to hopefully finish today. I actually did some wrapping last night. Mom I'm thinking of going out to dinner on Christmas Eve after church. So it won't give us much time after you, Brittany, and myself play secret Santa.
OK not to bring up a sad subject, but nobody in my family is checking off "watched someone die" on their bucket list. I know I was not the only one in dads room with him when he died. So I'm correcting everyone. There I feel better. OK back to Christmas, I'm off to hopefully finish today. I actually did some wrapping last night. Mom I'm thinking of going out to dinner on Christmas Eve after church. So it won't give us much time after you, Brittany, and myself play secret Santa.
Bridget, I thought the same thing. I haven't finished reading everyones yet, but Lori did say yes there. I'm so tired in the middle of the day I had to lay down, my eyes are burning! I keep waking up at 5 am.
So, Hayle's going to see Justin Bieber tonight! She could not BE more excited!!
c an someone tell me how everyone has climbed a mountain beyond the tree line??
Nancy, the tree line is down below. You climb the mountain and look down. You don't climb the trees.
well, i'm not climbing a mountain. or trees. i don't know when everyone else did! when the heck did YOU climb a mountain???!!
Have you ever gone hiking in the mountains, Nancy? I don't know if that is really considered climbing a mountain. I mean it's not like I am a cliff hanger, but I consider my hikes the same thing as mountain climbing.
I took watch someone die as literally watching someone take their last breath. I was not in the room when Dad took his last breath, however, I guess I could say I watched someone die if I watched someone suffering just before they died.
The roads got so icy so fast last night that there were more than 50 accidents in Atlanta in a couple of hours. Luckily it has warmed up a bit so the roads are already better.
Last night Hayle went to the Justin Bieber concert in Greensboro. I dropped her off with a friend and picked up at the end! How brave was I???!!! She had a great time. Carol and I tried to get the lights on the tree, but when I took them out of the box, we realized she bought lights that were in a 'net'. the ones you can put over a bush outside. so we returned them to target, to find out they had NONE left of anything that would work on the tree. Then we went to Garden Ridge, they were WIPED out!! What's going on??!! Did all the stores just buy less stock because of the economy, or is everyone crazy for xmas decorations.
Mary, we were all in the room when dad took his last breath.....and Nancy, I also consider hiking, as climbing....I went up to Point Peter many, many times..I also climbed up a small path in Scotland...I did crawl at the end..It was too scarey. Then when we got to the top, Neal said "remember, we have to go down." But he did give a chose...either we go down the skinny narrow path at the very edge or or we had to go through a field where the cows ran loose...the cows didn't chase us and i carried a big stick. That probably scared them..
That weather did come on fast. I had to go pick up an earnest money check yesterday afternoon in Rockmart and I will tell you it was the most terrifying drive I have ever been on. I started out around 3:30 and saw a truck in the ditch on the way there, then a SUV over turned on the side of the road, then multiple car accidents on both sides of the road on a bridge and that was on the way to Rockmart. When I got to our meeting point more accidents with road closings and emergency vehicles every where. My client was soooo late I was scared to call him thinking he might have been in an accident. He finally showed up and I was on my way home. That was 10 times worse than the drive there. It was pitch black before I even got half way home. I never got above 20 miles an hour and most of the time the speed didn't even register on the odometer. I started out @ 3:30 for a round trip that shouldn't have been much more than an hour and didn't get home till after 7:00 Charlie was going to go to Gerry's wrestling match and I caught him before he had gotten to far and told him to go home. Found out the match was canceled and Gerry, Jr was just waiting for all the kids to be picked up before he ventured home. Oh yeah on bad tires no less. He is planning on getting new tires next week when school is out. He had to send someone to pick up Jada you was on the side of the road because she was sliding all over the place. By about 10 Gerry got home from work and everyone was home safe and sound. Pray I never have to go through that again. It wasn't suppose to get below freezing.
sounds terrible Barb!! Glad everyone's home safe and sound!
Gosh Barb that is crazy. I was on the interstate and usually there is so much traffic keeping the roads warmer it isn't as bad as the back roads. Glad everyone is safe and sound.
We are leaving for DE in a little while. Glad it warmed up some.
Good grief, Barb...That is crazy....Glad I am in sunny Florida..Of course, I legt my lights on again this morning and i have a dead battery..So much to do and I sit here waiting for a "Pop-a lock" to come and jump it.... I am so mad at myself!!
Hairy story Barb. Makes me regret just complaining about the crowded roads down here because of all the tourists.
Kelly is going to come help me today. Yesterday I had a "Pic" line put in my arm so that I can continue my daily infusions. I didn't realize it was a small surgery that included stitches. Anyway I'm getting help today so that I can make the beds, carry stuff to the post office, etc. Anyway, it's a good excuse to spend the day with Kelly. She's always entertaining. Oh, I guess her mom will probably tag along.
oh man, everyone include Pete's travel plans in your prayers. He's due to fly out of Heathrow on Wednesday, but as of now, it is still closed since yesterday. Calling for bitter cold and more snow the next 2 days!
an update on Clay Durboraw:
Some very positive signs today. Clay was able to wiggle toes and fingers upon command from the therapist. His left side responded better than his right side but, we definitely saw movement from all four limbs. Clay zoned in and out of consciousness all day so his response to commands varied depending on how alert he was at the time. They want to do another attempt to extubate him soon.
Thank you all for your prayers and wonderful words of support.
Durboraw Family
Post a Comment