Monday, November 08, 2010

It's Begining to Look a Lot Like Christmas!


You asked for it, you got it!

50 comments:

Kathy said...

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas.....(I need a music clef)
Okay, that did it, I am definately in the mood now. Where's my wallet?

Bridget said...

I LIKE that picture. Everyone was right, its just what we needed to get in the mood. I think I'll shop today.

RickyB said...

I think I'll leave work early today and go shopping, NOW, I'm ion the mood..

RickyB said...

We have plans to go "tag" (pick out) our Christmas Tree this Saturday. We'll cut it down when Cherie's sister arrives later in Dec.

Mary Lesh said...

Oh, I miss the days when we cut down our own tree. That was soo much fun. Of course we went without a tree for years because we were never here. We tried to pick our tree and cut it down when we moved here, but the Christmas tree farms down here are lousy.
Not going shopping today. I have a photo shoot at 9:00 this morning.

Gma17 said...

sure does get you in the mood. won't go shopping today but I'm thinking about it..going to the dr. for the flu shot........

Gma17 said...

Hey ,Kathy just called...To Any one who gets all the football games...Neal is going to be holding the flag when they sing the Stars Spangled Banner before the game...if any one gets it , can you tape it? I am excited, I can't imagine how Neal feels...WOW!!!!!

Bridget said...

WHAT GAME?

Gma17 said...

CHICAGO BEARS AND VIKINGS

Bridget said...

When?

Gma17 said...

SUNDAY AT 12:00 CHICAGO TIME...1:00 OUR TIME

Kathy said...

Went to have an MRI on my toe today. OMG, trying to stay still for an hour and a half is torture. Especially when they were playing elevator music. I kept falling asleep and then my foot would twitch. I finally asked the nurse to change the music and she did!!!! Anyway, my boken toe is taking either an extremely long time to heal or I might have an infection in the bone. (Not good for a diabetic) Will get the results, I think, late tomorrow afternoon.
And about Neil, he will be 1 of about 50 Sailors carrying in a big flag to celebrate Veterans day. He said he's going to try to get a spot near a corner to hold the flag (easier to spot him that way). He says they all have to wear their dress blues. I hope I get to see it and him.
Oh, one more thing....I shared a video on Facebook and mentioned that it was probably filmed somewhere near Nancy because I thought it looked like the Cardiff. And my friend Nancy (in Scotland) answered, thinking I was writing to her, how funny.

nancy said...

hah! Kathy, let us know about your toe! I hope it's ok!! I hate that I won't see Neil, but I'm excited for him and you anyway!
I'm Christmas excited too! But my shopping will be a little small this year I think?
gotta run, will be back later.....

Mary Lesh said...

Kathy--asking someone to sit still for 1 1/2 hours and not fall asleep is insane. Hope everything is ok with your toe.
I think I am going to go on a shopping spree this year (if all my closing actually close on time) John is going to have his school loan paid off. Lucky him.

Kathy said...

Going down to mom's today so that we can watch football together. The weather is absolutely PERFECT here!!! Maybe we will take a ride by the beach too.

Barbara said...

We are all going to my brothers in Suwanee to watch the game. Charlie, Gerry, Jada, Pookie Bear, and me. My brother, his wife Helen, and her sister Mary will all be there. With all the Braun's cheering for them today I know they will win.

nancy said...

I've been waiting FOREVER for someone to say something! Say something!

Gma17 said...

something

Mary Lesh said...

something

nancy said...

you freaking guys!! I was so excited when I saw 2 more posts.
ok, I am going to bed cause I have to get up in 6.5 hours to drive to heathrow to get pete. Yay! He's been gone a whole week! Then we are going to the gym, then massages, then dinner! Gonna be a great day!

Gma17 said...

sounds like a fun day for you...ENJOY!!1 I will be going to Kelly's soccer game...then ???

Barbara said...

Kathy - what did the MRI shoe for your toe? Is it any better?

Gma17 said...

Ok nancy, where are you? Went to see the house ..it looks really nice. we did have a hard time finding it, though. can't get through..we took pictures from the bridge at the corner.Lots of big boats..bet you could rent your dock space until you get a boat.. will you be down to see it?? is somene living there now??/

any way not much new here. getting ready for Thanksgiving... love that day........

Gma17 said...

oh yes Barb, since Kathy does not answer you, I will...the doctor could not read the MRi (??????, so she put her on more antibiotics and she goes back to see her tomorrow..I think she needs to change doctors...

nancy said...

Hi MOM! Well, the offer was accepted, but it's a short sale, the agent said it'll prob be a week or two. the sellers agent thought it looked good to go. so we'll see. the seller is living in it, i don't know why you couldn't get thru?? I was gonna buy a ticket to come at xmas to see it, but i'll wait to be sure it's for real. If it is, we'll come for easter. Hayle's last day is april 1st.

Mary Lesh said...

Been busy, busy, busy! Working on 2 short sales we wrote--one August 24th the other Sept 1. We actually closed one last Friday (the one we wrote Sept 1). The other one has a really ditzy listing agent who doesn't know her head from her ass. I swear I want to shoot her. First she told us the bank approved the sale only to find out they countered, but the agent was too stupid to see it. Also, the agent was supposed to submit things back in September and she never did that. Now she is trying to get me to make the earnest money non refundable in case my buyer doesn't close. She also is arguing that her seller is being nice by moving out before the closing so my buyer can move in the day of closing. I tried to tell her that the contract says the buyer shall obtain possession the day of closing. The seller is not doing us a favor but the agent doesn't seem to understand. She really doesn't seem to understand much of the contract at all. I'm trying to be nice but it is really hard. Diana should not leave me to deal with idiots.
On the up side I am looking forward to my trip to FL for Thanksgiving.

Kathy said...

Well, I found out I am allergic to pennicillan. Went to work and almost passed out because I got so dizzy and light headed. Now I have a rash, mostly around my lower legs and chest. So we've stopped taking those things. have an appointment on Tuesday with the infectious desease dept. Seems I have an abscess (but no open sore)and decreased marrow. (please don't ask me what that means)
anyway, will keep you all informed

Mary Lesh said...

I hope you are ok now. Is this your first time taking penicillin? I guess you can get allergies later in life. That sucks. Definitely keep us informed.

This short sale is driving me to drink. Looks like I will not be losing more weight until this stupid thing closes or at least until Diana gets back to deal with this shit. This other agent is such an idiot--but she loves me. She tells me every time we hang up. I guess I should be thankful she loves me, but I wish she wasn't such an IDIOT! She doesn't even know what is in the contract. She keeps telling me her seller is being nice--no she isn't--she is abiding by the contract. She doesn't want to hear it. She keeps telling me not to worry she's done this before. OMG! What has she done before--drive the other agent to drink? She sure as shit doesn't get the job done. Ok, tomorrow is another day.

nancy said...

Mary, she IS an idiot! Doing a favor??!!!

Kathy, what the heck???!!!! Why were you taking penicillin?? Do they have you on something else now? Why do you have to see infectious disease Dr.??? I mean, I know your having problems with your toe, but can you walk on it? Did you hit it on something?? Did I miss something?

nancy said...

So Braun Family, let's hear about your Thanksgivings!!!!
Did anyone go shopping early??

Mary Lesh said...

Oh, we had such a good time. We're sorry everyone could not be here. We are still having fun, fun, fun. After eating (a not so fresh but also not gross turkey) and drinking and laughing all night we got up to ( some went shopping) I went to shoot birds with Hank. Oh, can we shoot birds! Then we did a photo shoot at the beach with Lori--Trashing a Dress--again, fun, fun, fun. Now we are laughing at pictures of Kathy trying to save the tent and planning tomorrows fun filled day at the zoo!
Sorry ya'll weren't here.

Mary Lesh said...

This morning I decided to see why my purse was so heavy. I have 12 pens, $12. in change, 2 bottles of nail polish, 2 pair of glasses, bottle of contact cleaner (not eye drops--the cleaner) a note pad, 5 lipsticks (ever notice I never have lipstick on?) 2 mascaras, 3 stacks of business cards, 2 jump drives, 2 flashlights, a stack of index cards, sample photo papers and an assortment of receipts, napkins, stickie notes, and paper clips, a purse hangar, postcard, cough drops, my wallet and contact case. After going through all this, I removed the napkins, stickie notes and receipts. The purse is not lighter, but I can see what is in there now.

Gma17 said...

Good for You, Mary..It is so good when you can see things in your purse....I may have to do that today...Thanksgiving was great this year..fun, fun, fun......love you

nancy said...

oh my God, and I thought my purse was full/heavy???!!

Kathy, news on your toe??

Well, I made numerous errors on my turkey dinner, but it was still good, and ate the leftovers too. it was just ok. tomorrow I go to the gym.

Mary Lesh said...

It is torture looking at the leftover gravy and stuffing. John cooked a 22 pound turkey for 4 people. I made John take all the dessert to work yesterday. Today he got the rest of the stuffing and some turkey and gravy. I have to get back to my dieting and of course training for the 1/2 marathon next year. I walked 1.4 miles yesterday. Today I think I will stay home because it is raining.

nancy said...

Go Mary!!!! Yay you!!!

I already told my trainer I was bringing you and Kathy in when you come over in May!!! You'll love him!

Kathy said...

Just got back from the "Infectious Desease" doctor. Spent over 2 hours hooked up to an intravenous antibiotic drip. I have to do this every day for the next 2 weeks, including weekends!! I'm walking around with a huge bandage on my arm because they leave the port in my arm.
There was one guy who came in with a red and swollen knee, a spider got him. another woman had such sores on her legs that I couldn't look at her. And another woman, I noticed her when I first got there, she was wandering around from room to room, letting the nurses know if someone had left a magazine on a chair or just letting them know which room the doctor had just gone in. Really looking forward to my next visit. That's whats going on with me!!!
ps. had a great Thanksgiving!

Mary Lesh said...

OMG! Kathy. what a pain in the rear end.
Nancy--tell your trainer I don't do lunges or squats. They make me throw up. Other than that, bring it on. Oh, I don't do sit-ups or crunches very well and we can leave any upper body strengthening out because my upper body is not very strong so I hate working those muscles. There really aren't any muscles in my upper body anyway.

Linda said...

So Mary, what exercise are you willing to do?

nancy said...

I told my trainer what she said. He laughed!

so, we're in Nurenberg. First time here and totally loving it!! Our hotel is 5 minutes walk to the market. And we have ate THE BEST food EVER!! Ate so much!! Actually, this morning my sugars were messed up. really low, we slept til 10:30, then my sugar got really high really quickly, and it made me sick, i stayed in the hotel room til 3pm. got sick and then felt better, and got right back out there eating! but slowly! We bought alot of stuff, got my xmas gift for the name drawing. hayle wants us to keep it though! the staff in the hotel are SUPER nice, gave us names of really good restaurants to go to. tonight walking back to the room from market, we filmed alot of drunk germans singing and dancing in the street. it was like being in wales!! funny drunks! snow is all over the ground, it's FREEZING cold! I want to come back here!!!

Gma17 said...

OK, Mary Ellen. i have to tell you this...I cleaned my purse out too. found almost as much as you but i did have two batteries..Why? IDK...but any way , today i went to the Christmas pageant...I made sure i had my phone, so i could call kathy at the break to see what the score was..Break time came and i reached into my purse and pulled out.................my mouse! It was right next to the phone, I guess. crap!!

Mary Lesh said...

That is funny mom! OMG I would die if I did not have my phone.
John should be landing in Germany just about now. I have been waiting for him to call. He is there until Friday morning. He is in a very small town--two hours from the airport. He is flying into Stutgart, wherever the hell that is. Then of course he has a 2 hour ride to the small town. I'm sure he will have fun in the little time he gets. He took some horrible pictures in Switzerland, but he was thrilled with them. I guess that is all that matters.
Linda, I am willing to do almost anything on my feet. Walking, running(but not fast or long), I don't know what all the different exercises are called. I hate anything to do with upper body too. I am really weak there.
I started walking last week because I told Melissa I would run the 1/2 marathon with her next Thanksgiving. I am walking until January and then for 3 months I will do a walk/run. Then I should be doing a run/walk until I can run. Melissa ran 13 miles in 2 hours on Thanksgiving. I am really proud of her. She just started running this year and has worked up to the 1/2 marathon. She still has to use her inhaler but, I think she is doing great! So I am going to join her.

Barbara said...

Mom - I was laughing out loud when I read your post and Gerry came down to see what was so funny. When I read your post to him he was in hysterics. Love the use of IDK.
Mary - What are you talking about?!?! When we worked out together you worked out everything. We did upper body, lower body, cardio. . . lunges, squats, bicep curls, abs, shall I go on. Seems you might need to work on the memory. ;o}

Gma17 said...

Barb, Glad I made you laugh.I'm laughing now but I was soooo mad. I really wanted to know how the Dolphins were doing.The mouse doesn't even look any thing like my phone. My mouse is white and the phone is black...whatever!!and i am now alone on the bottom of the fantasy football. I thought I did really good this week and nobody had "9". they were all higher except for "jr" who quit and someone who didn't join till the 4th or 5th week....But I am not Quitting..cant believe it but i must say "Go Jets"...

nancy said...

I love mom's use of IDK too!! She's too cool!
Ok, so I don't care if no one commented on Germany, although I did get some on my pictures. No one comments on my posts on FB either, I don't care. I will tell you our flight from Nurnberg to Dusseldorf was delayed and we missed our connection to Heathrow. We got on the next plane, but our bags did not. It has Xmas presents in it, and makeup, hair stuff, the coat I JUST BOUGHT in the Feb sales and I only wore twice now! and other crap. thankfully, they found them and will hopefully deliver them today.

I am aslo asking for prayers. We got an email this morning, found out pete's old boss from Charlotte, his son (Hayle's age) fell out of a 2nd story window and is in the hospital. Have no idea how it happened!! He is stable but unconcious. They'll try to wake him today to see how he is. How scarey!!! I'll let you know as soon as I find anything out.

Gma17 said...

Sorry , I didn't comment on the blog but I did on your pics. They were great. We often talk about you having too much fun, though. We are all jealous...sorry about your luggage. never had that happen to me. Happened to Kathy, though and she didn't get her bag for months..Prayers are in order but what is his name? I guess God knows without us telling him... Love you! BYW. It is freezing today. It might get up to 60 if the sun comes out..yikes, it is in the 30's this AM.

nancy said...

I don't even know what BYW is?? His name is Clay.

Mary Lesh said...

Ooooooh freezing Mom? It is 25 but feels like 19 and I have to stand on the courthouse steps today to cry 7 foreclosures. I wish I could bring a space heater and set it in front of me. I'll probably have to run to the car in between.
Nancy, I did comment on your pictures on fb. I meant to comment here and I started talking about John going there. Sorry, I will try to be more attentive.
This cold is interfering with my walking. How am I supposed to train when it is below freezing outside? I really didn't want to use the cold as an excuse but this is way too cold. I don't have enough clothes to bundle up with. I don't want to buy anymore in this size because I won't be this big for long. At least that is the plan.

Gma17 said...

Darn! I meant BTW>>>>>

nancy said...

ok, someone start a new post. it is geeting hard t scroll to the bottom of 50 comments.
so our suitcases haven't come yet. CRAP!
I am almost 100% done with the elfs costumes-I'll post pictures on Saturday!! Can't wait!
It's so cold here, we had to get a jacket for Buffett. He is boney-skinny and I worry he's freezing. Cody doesn't get one cuz he doesn't need it. He's a fatass.

No word yet on Clay. His mom replied to my email, but only said thanks for the prayers. So, no word yet.