Ditto what Barb said!!! Today is the first day of the new year and I'm going down to watch Johnny be an alter boy for the first time. Then I'm going to watch some college football and I'm going to make mom (and myself) eat some blackeyed peas and spinach. We are also going to come up with our Bucket List for the year. First on our list will be to lose some weight. Especially since we have our own personal trainer now. Lori has already enrolled us in a walk-a-thon at the end of this month. She's going to be tough on us!!! Have a Happy Happy day!
i am going to nordstrom for shoes, then i have to pack and figure out how to get everything home. then carols making a BIG dinner! i've only put on a pound or two after all, yay! I love coming back and visiting, but I do love getting back home! Hugging the dogs and getting back into a routine. I'm so excited about 2011!!!
You really through me off Kathy. I thought you were lying to me about Neil having left and I thought, "Why would Kathy lie to me about Neil leaving. That's weird." But now I understand. Nancy I am sorry I missed you this trip, but I will see you the end of May or the beginning of June. I am so excited. I still only have 28 items on my bucket list for the year, but I will finish that this week. Hey, that can be one of my things on the list. I'll put it at the top. Happy New Year Everyone! I do think this is going to be a great, great year!!
Thank God I have a degree in English or I might never had caught it. Hey, I am looking for a large galvanized tub. Something big enough for an adult to sit in. Old would be an advantage. Anyone see or hear of one let me know. I am on a quest.
I really hate getting up so early. John is off hunting again. Deer season has ended and rabbit season has just started. One of these mornings I am going to go with him to take some pictures. I won't stay for the actual chase--cause they run in the briars and that can hurt. I thought it might be fun to get pictures of the dogs and hunters getting ready in the dim light. Everyone have their bucket list? Anyone out there?
heck no. i'm so tired. and I suck at that kind of stuff. i had all kinds of time to waste in the airport, but didn't think about it. i guess i;m not a goal setter???
anyway, we're home, so glad! we totally unpacked everything and now we're gonna go out and get some indian food and try to stay awake!! I think I slept the whole way home, I do not know how Pete does it???!!!
The bucket list is things you want to do--not resolutions. For example: Read a book (I usually want to read a lot of books so I have read a novel; read an autobiography; read a biography; read a self-help book.) Then there are things like re-decorate my bedroom; paint my bathroom; take a cooking class; go to the museum; take a weekend trip with my girls; take a cake decorating class; take a photography class. I'll email you my list. Mom wanted to say get organized, but that is too general. I told her to say organize a closet. It is things you can do in a day or week. That's why there are 52 items. It doesn't mean you have to do one thing a week. Last year I think I read 3 of my books in one week and some weeks I didn't do anything. But 52 is not overwhelming.
Hey Everyone, Thank you for your prayers for Clay Durboraw. Here is the update I received today. I do believe in prayers!! Thanks!
CLAY COMES HOME TOMORROW! We met with Doctor Nelson (in charge of the Rehab floor) earlier today who told us each therapist working with Clay has been blown away by his progress. Clay is clear, alert, walking with no assistance and testing at or above grade level in most academic areas. He still has some short term memory and concentration lapses.....and some gnarly scars on his head. He will need to attend outpatient therapy for several months but, everyone felt he was ready to come home. From this point forward we will probably begin updating caringbridge weekly.
Clay's recovery has been nothing short of miraculous and I would like to end this update by expressing our extreme gratitude to the many people that had a hand in it, starting with:
The first responders that stabilized and transported Clay to Levine Children's Hospital.
Dr. Bernard and the neurosurgery team.
Dr. Young and all the brilliant doctors and nurses in the Levine PICU ward.
The terrific doctors, nurses and therapists in rehab that worked so diligently with Clay this last week.
Our family, our friends and the people that have reached out to us throughout this journey with positive, thoughts, prayers and encouragement. You helped us get through this.
Say a prayer to God to please open those pearly gates!! My dear friend Joey Sullivan passed away this weekend. I met him walking home from elementary school way back then.. and he still called me to stay in touch every month. I'll miss him.
That's lousy Kathy..Gee you were just talking to him last week..What a shame....By the way, Nancy, have you read your e-mail lately??I asked you a question....Let me know what you want me to do..By th way have I told you lately that i can't wait for the stupid snow birds to go home...I want to scream at them.
So sad about Joey Sullivan. I remember the last time I went to Port, I was with you and I dropped you off at (What used to be Carrolls Bar and Grill) to visit with him. He came out to see Kathy Grech and said, "OMG you haven't changed a bit, Who are you?" Then when she said Kathy Grech he said, "I would have known you anywhere." Really sad.
25 comments:
Ditto what Barb said!!!
Today is the first day of the new year and I'm going down to watch Johnny be an alter boy for the first time. Then I'm going to watch some college football and I'm going to make mom (and myself) eat some blackeyed peas and spinach. We are also going to come up with our Bucket List for the year. First on our list will be to lose some weight. Especially since we have our own personal trainer now. Lori has already enrolled us in a walk-a-thon at the end of this month. She's going to be tough on us!!! Have a Happy Happy day!
WHAT THE......that wasn't Neil!!
i was wondering what the.......
i am going to nordstrom for shoes, then i have to pack and figure out how to get everything home. then carols making a BIG dinner! i've only put on a pound or two after all, yay! I love coming back and visiting, but I do love getting back home! Hugging the dogs and getting back into a routine. I'm so excited about 2011!!!
You really through me off Kathy. I thought you were lying to me about Neil having left and I thought, "Why would Kathy lie to me about Neil leaving. That's weird."
But now I understand.
Nancy I am sorry I missed you this trip, but I will see you the end of May or the beginning of June. I am so excited.
I still only have 28 items on my bucket list for the year, but I will finish that this week. Hey, that can be one of my things on the list. I'll put it at the top.
Happy New Year Everyone! I do think this is going to be a great, great year!!
Wow, I can't believe I wrote you through me off instead of you threw me off. Oh well, John and I spent the day Geocaching. Fun, fun, fun in the rain.
I can't believe I didn't catch that!! I'm usually pretty good at that! dang.
mistakes on this bog??????? Can't believe it, MaryEllen
Thank God I have a degree in English or I might never had caught it.
Hey, I am looking for a large galvanized tub. Something big enough for an adult to sit in. Old would be an advantage. Anyone see or hear of one let me know. I am on a quest.
I really hate getting up so early. John is off hunting again. Deer season has ended and rabbit season has just started. One of these mornings I am going to go with him to take some pictures. I won't stay for the actual chase--cause they run in the briars and that can hurt. I thought it might be fun to get pictures of the dogs and hunters getting ready in the dim light.
Everyone have their bucket list?
Anyone out there?
BTW my bucket list is complete!
heck no. i'm so tired. and I suck at that kind of stuff. i had all kinds of time to waste in the airport, but didn't think about it. i guess i;m not a goal setter???
anyway, we're home, so glad! we totally unpacked everything and now we're gonna go out and get some indian food and try to stay awake!! I think I slept the whole way home, I do not know how Pete does it???!!!
Where is everyone?
that's what I keep wondering Mary!!
I told Hayle you made a yearly bucket list, and she wants to know what you put on it. Do you want to share??
The bucket list is things you want to do--not resolutions. For example: Read a book (I usually want to read a lot of books so I have read a novel; read an autobiography; read a biography; read a self-help book.)
Then there are things like re-decorate my bedroom; paint my bathroom; take a cooking class; go to the museum; take a weekend trip with my girls; take a cake decorating class; take a photography class.
I'll email you my list.
Mom wanted to say get organized, but that is too general. I told her to say organize a closet. It is things you can do in a day or week. That's why there are 52 items. It doesn't mean you have to do one thing a week. Last year I think I read 3 of my books in one week and some weeks I didn't do anything. But 52 is not overwhelming.
Hey Everyone, Thank you for your prayers for Clay Durboraw. Here is the update I received today. I do believe in prayers!! Thanks!
CLAY COMES HOME TOMORROW! We met with Doctor Nelson (in charge of the Rehab floor) earlier today who told us each therapist working with Clay has been blown away by his progress. Clay is clear, alert, walking with no assistance and testing at or above grade level in most academic areas. He still has some short term memory and concentration lapses.....and some gnarly scars on his head. He will need to attend outpatient therapy for several months but, everyone felt he was ready to come home. From this point forward we will probably begin updating caringbridge weekly.
Clay's recovery has been nothing short of miraculous and I would like to end this update by expressing our extreme gratitude to the many people that had a hand in it, starting with:
The first responders that stabilized and transported Clay to Levine Children's Hospital.
Dr. Bernard and the neurosurgery team.
Dr. Young and all the brilliant doctors and nurses in the Levine PICU ward.
The terrific doctors, nurses and therapists in rehab that worked so diligently with Clay this last week.
Our family, our friends and the people that have reached out to us throughout this journey with positive, thoughts, prayers and encouragement. You helped us get through this.
God bless you all.
Durboraws
So happy for Clay......Prayers do work.
I believe in prayer too! Glad Clay is going home tomorrow!
Tree is down, company is gone, aahhh.....
Back to normal, whatever that might be.
Back to normal, whatever that might be.
Say a prayer to God to please open those pearly gates!! My dear friend Joey Sullivan passed away this weekend. I met him walking home from elementary school way back then.. and he still called me to stay in touch every month. I'll miss him.
That's lousy Kathy..Gee you were just talking to him last week..What a shame....By the way, Nancy, have you read your e-mail lately??I asked you a question....Let me know what you want me to do..By th way have I told you lately that i can't wait for the stupid snow birds to go home...I want to scream at them.
So sad about Joey Sullivan. I remember the last time I went to Port, I was with you and I dropped you off at (What used to be Carrolls Bar and Grill) to visit with him. He came out to see Kathy Grech and said, "OMG you haven't changed a bit, Who are you?" Then when she said Kathy Grech he said, "I would have known you anywhere."
Really sad.
sorry mom, but also THANKS for the reminder, I am trying to do it online today!
mary, start a new post with one of your new pictures
Post a Comment