Sunday, March 23, 2008

HAPPY EASTER


HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
Well today is the first day after 45 days of no television. What can I say... haven't watched any yet. I can tell you we can all survive with out it. Gerry, Jr. thought is was irresponsible of us not to watch it. Of course as you all know we have had some severe weather during this time. I never felt so much love as I have during these past weeks. Gerry, Jr. would be constantly calling to give us weather updates. I had left my phone in the other room one evening and didn't hear it ring, Jr. called the house phone (which never rings) in a panic thinking we had blown away in a tornado. It has been definitely and eye opener as to how boring (yawn) two people can be. The good thing is Gerry has finally learned his way around a computer. Well Happy Easter to everyone. I think I will go have a rum and coke. Oh yeah, we gave up soda too.

6 comments:

Mary Lesh said...

Welcome back to the real world. I don't watch that much TV but I could not stand to go without it. The coke I could do without, but Rum. Tough 40 days.

Barbara said...

I did not know until this year that when you give up something for Lent that Sunday's are free days. We did not take the free Sunday's so it was actually 45 days. And how come our parents never told us that when we were kids?

Gma17 said...

Father James told us that Lent actualy ends on the Wed. before Easter. That is 40 days because on Thursday was the Last Supper and on Friday He died and Sunday He rose from the dead. Sounds right to me.. No TV? I could not do it..No soda? Oh no!Couldn't do that either.. Any way Happy Easter !!!! And Welcome back to the rea world again..

Barbara said...

Lent was over on Wednesday. NOW you tell me.

Mary Lesh said...

I never heard that one? What is up with all the facts coming out now? This is ridiculous. Who can I sue for all the pain and anguish I suffered for 50 years? I think St. Mary's should be responsible. Our entire family could file a class action suit.

Unknown said...

Give TV and Soda. Are you kidding me. Wow, what willpower....I could not do that