Friday, January 05, 2007

Hop-a-long little Barbara


Let this be a lesson to all you "do it yourselfers." No more ladders for my beautiful blushing bride. She almost put two more people in cast riding the motorized cart in Publix today. She hasn't done very good on day "1" so I do not know how she will survive the next 3 weeks before she goes back to see if the doctor will even consider a walking cast. There goes her New Year's resolution to work out, looks like she will have to adopt Kathy and Mary's resolution. It should be a fun 3 weeks for me since she can't do anything. Wish me luck.
Gerry

6 comments:

Linda said...

Holy Crap!! Your cast looks like it weighs as much as you..Well Gerry, you finally have TOTAL control over her!!! The tables have turned!!! What a way to start out 2007..With a BANG/THUD!! She may not be able to start out working out, but YOU control her eating!!! Sound like a MAJOR DIET!! On a serious note, thank god she didn't break her neck...And I was going to get out the ladder today to dust the corners on the ceilings!! CRAP, now HANK will have to do it. Both of you need to be EXTREMELY PATIENT with each other over the next three weeks. Hope you are still taking in the end...Love Ya..

Barbara said...

I AM BORED TO DEATH. My sides where the crutches rub is RAW. My left thigh is getting an incredible workout. It is a chore just to get a drink from the kitchen to the couch. The house is a mess. I need a shower. Someone just shoot me. And this is only day 2. ;o{

Barbara said...

Oh yes I picked out the purple isn't it nice. Gerry suggested black or blue. I did skip the neon pink but thought the purple was nice.

Jen said...

aw aunt barb! that is not a fun way to start 2007, but hey look at it this way...now you can be lazy and it is actually OK. no one can bitch at you to cook dinner, clean, or even get clean in the shower! ha...who needs a shower?

anyway, i sure hope you have a fast recovery and good luck uncle gerry!

love ya!

Bridget said...

Oouch!!! That just looks like it hurts. I was just going to start to take my tree down by myself. I think I'll go to the mall instead. (Much safer) Well good luck to you. I hope you feel better.

Mary Lesh said...

Oh, Bridget. I had the same idea. I thought I would take the tree down before John gets home, but no way. John can do it. I'm not much of a shopper. I guess I'll just have to play some websudoku.