Monday, December 05, 2011

We are so Lucky!


27 comments:

nancy said...

This would let me post on the main page??

Ok, anyway. Some of you may know, I just found Jeanette on Facebook. I spoke with her today and asked her to come down to see us all at Christmas. Unfortunately she will have to think about it. She says she's a homebody, and doesn't go out much. She'll think about it though. She has 2 daughters, one is 22 and the other is 17. she is still married to Rich. she lives in Polk City and has cows, pigs, goats, and they built their own house. I asked about Danny, she said he has 3 kids and lives north of orlando. But she doesn't see him much. Both her parents have passed on. Mom like 22 years ago, and Dad, a couple years ago. How do you not stay in touch with your family?!?!?! I'm so glad, and so lucky we are all so close!! Life wouldn't be right without my big family!! I love all you guys!!!

Mary Lesh said...

We really are the best!!! Yeah for us!! I love you all too!!

ricky b said...

Nancy, You are so right, I think every day of ways for me to get closer to family cause we do have the BEST. Maybe 2012 will be my year. Love ya'll too

nancy said...

I told her about you. And bout you trying to get back down there too!

nancy said...

ok, I own two laundry baskets. (well 3, but the 3rd one is filled with other crap) A few days ago, I brought one up to HAyle's room filled with her cleaned ironed, folded laundry. that's 3 days ago. And I've been asking for it back. Tonight, I said Hayle I need that basket back now. I said this as I was taking laundry out of the dryer and throwing it on the couch. Doing this because Pete told me tonight he needed a tuxedo shirt and I haven't sent them to the cleaners. So, she runs up, runs back down with the basket. I said, dear God, do not let me find those clothes thrown all over. She's like you won't. Then I went back upstairs looking for the tuxedo shirt to wash. I got to my room and Hayle's calling me from the kitchen. I didn't answer, because now I know why! I hide in my room and she comes up, what are you doing?? I said should we go up together? She's like no, no I'll go and ran up to clean it up!!!
I am SO smart!!

Mary Lesh said...

Why are kids like that? My kids were such slobs and now that they have their own place--ok so Tony is still a slob. Now it's just me and John and I am the slob. I try to be organized but it isn't easy. Oh well.
We are having Christmas at Christy's this year. John is excited because he doesn't have to do anything. Christy is excited because she loves to do everything. She loves to host parties.

Gma17 said...

well, I remember when I put the folded clean clothes on your beds...A few days later the clean clothes were in the dirty wash; not because they were dirty but someone was too lazy to put them away. Sound familiar to any one? But I wouldn't change a thing. We have the best family..Thank you all ..I love you!!

nancy said...

I think my clothes were always put away! I never did that, right mom?? It was someone else!

Mary Lesh said...

Not me either! But it sounds like something Tony would do--even today.

nancy said...

I have no idea who mom is.....wait. it was Lori. or rick & gerry?

Mary Lesh said...

I'm sure it was one of the boys, they do that kind of thing. Lori? I don't know. But being the baby she might have done it.
John and I went out to dinner and did a little shopping last night. I am very excited about a present I bought for Hunter. He loves tractors. When I was there he asked me to draw a bulldozer and I did. He looked at it and said, "That's not a bulldozer."
I said, "Then what is it?"
Hunter replied, "It's a front end loader."
Oh
I bought him an Excavator! Even John was impressed.

Linda said...

Geez Mary, you had me scared. You were talking about Hunter talking and when I last saw him, he barely opened his eyes!! I forgot about your Hunter. I'll call mine HH. By the way, the clothes thing was definitely Kathy!! I mean, who else locks their keys in the car when it is running? Who locks themselves in the car with the keys? Who tailgates a cop? Who licks ketchup off someone elses finger? Should I go on? Wow, you are right, we have a great family!!

Mary Lesh said...

Well, my patient is doing just fine. I'm over this nursing shit. He has actually been really good, but waiting on him, cooking and cleaning, doing all the shopping--I'm exhausted. Oh and letting him watch what ever he wants to watch on tv ALL DAY--well, enough of that. Today I think it is time to get back to normal. I hope he agrees.

Kathy said...

Glad John is being a good patient. Sounds like things will be back to normal soon.
I wrapped my first Christmas present and it felt good. Now I'm getting in the mood.

nancy said...

I have bought quite a few-totally in the mood!! Still need to get a few more, but I've done well!! Surprised myself!

nancy said...

EEEEEeeeeek!! only 6 more days!!

Mary Lesh said...

Had a great day yesterday with Sheila. She is visiting her mom in TN and I thought I would drive up to see her. Had cabin fever after being with John for 2 whole days. This nursing shit is for the birds. Thank God I had to leave for a home inspection in the afternoon and I had an open house Saturday night. I also ran into town to buy some things. I did take John with me.
Today I have to work and it looks like I'm going to have a very busy week. I wish I were independently wealthy. I hate my job. Oh well only 15-20 years of work left. It'll be over soon enough. I may make a career move before it is over. We'll see.

nancy said...

aw, I thought you loved your job? All I want to do is cook. and we can only eat so much, so I am stifled.

Well, I did not make dinner tonight because pete and I were invited to a little party. we knew it would be 'nibbles and champagne' but afterwards, we were still hungry. went to order some sushi to takeaway but found out they were closed. so we came home and we have no food because we're leaving saturday so I'm letting the food run out. I made cheese on toast. still hungry. had a banana but I'm still hungry.

Mary Lesh said...

I like cooking too, but not if I have to do anything else all day. When John had his surgery I actually made him Thai Shrimp Bisque. It was really good. The next day I mad some Corn Chowder. That was even better. They were both very quick and easy. I have to work again today. It is so boring because December is the slowest month of the year. I watched Ellen recaps on youtube all day. Oh and I ordered a Christmas present and ordered my Christmas Cards. I guess I need to do on line shopping.
Nancy I go in spurts on my job. I used to love it. Now it gets in the way. Sometimes I get excited about it and then some idiot comes in and ruins everything. I can't stand when clients won't listen and think they know so much. I have only been doing this for 15 years. You would think I know something, but they know better because they read things on the internet or they have parents who bought a house 30 years ago and they remember everything there is to buying a house and then some. Anyway, most days I hate it now. I want to be a photographer. One of these days. Maybe by the time I reach 70.

nancy said...

I have to get out of this house, or at least turn off the tv. I'm sitting here and during EVERY SINGLE commercial break a 2 minute spot comes on about dying children along with horrible video and pictures.
I mean, I'm not an uncaring person, but all these commercials have made me cold to it. I mute the tv because I just don't want to hear it again!! Ok, I had to vent. I almost put that as my Facebook status but was afraid it would make me sound terrible!!

Mary Lesh said...

I think I need to get some shopping done. I got my cards done last night. Well I still have to seal them. Don't want to lick them so I need a good sponge. John is going to try to get Tony's bike out--it is still locked up since he was mugged because the mugger took his keys to his lock. Since I have to lift the bike in the truck for John I will go with him and then stay in town with Christy to shop. Sounds like a plan to me.

Kathy said...

Well, I'm doing laundry and vacuuming today. Oh wait, I have to go buy a new filter for my vacuum first. So I guess I will get dressed and go out, and since I'm out I'll probably try to find a few more gifts and since I'm going to be going to some stores I might as well go pick up mom and enjoy her company while I'm doing that. But...if I'm going all the way down to moms I might as well go over to Nancy's and flip the breaker so that she has hot water when she arrives. Oh man, all this stuff is starting to sound like it's going to take up alot of my day, so I might as well take some of my knitting that needs to be finished but that means I have to run to the knitting store (need something). Well since It's going to take me just about all day long I might as well just stay at moms tonight because theres a football game on tonight and she has a better TV and some wine. Well if I spend the night at mom's I'd better take my computer so we can watch the football results of our picks for the week. But then that means I not going to get back here until tomorrow night to do some laundry and vacuuming. Shit, there goes another weekend of doing nothing!!!

Gma17 said...

Kathy, Remember what Mary said. You are too busy living your life.AND that is the important thing. Nobody will ever be able to live your life for you but they sure as hell can vacuum your floors, do your dishes and any house work they want. so there.Any way after reading your post, i guess I will put my cleaning on the back burner. I can do it Monday when Kathy is working. OH OH Just remembered, nancy will be here then .I guess I could stay up Sunday nite and do it. OR I could just forget it and do it next year.Ill have to think about that. Any way. Merry Christmas Everybody..Wish you all were here..it would be fun! Hmm maybe I will win Lotto and we could all be together.Yes, that is what i will do!

Mary Lesh said...

Here's how I figure it out. I could be doing my housework instead of writing on the blog or checking flickr or playing games on facebook. I could be doing housework instead of playing Wii with John. I could be doing housework instead of hanging with my kids or going to work--but I DON'T WANT TO. Anyone who has a problem with that can clean my house. I am open to fairies, maids, volunteers, husbands, kids--anyone who wants to clean my house without expecting anything but "THANK YOU" can have at it.
But I do get what you are saying, so much to do and no time to get it all done. I have to work today so I have a really good excuse. Lucky for me this is a very slow time of the year so I will sit there in the model playing on the computer. I have to keep busy or time will drag.

Mary Lesh said...

Last night I had a very strange dream. It was Christmas and we were all together but in a very weird house in the desert. We had to run some kind of race and for some reason my legs did not come apart. It was like having one leg with two feet at the bottom. It didn't seem strange at all--although I noticed everyone else had two legs that separated. No one was laughing at me or about the situation--it just seemed normal. No one helped either. No matter because I didn't seem to be bothered by it. I was very slow and I believe that was the reason. Go ahead and try to run with both legs together. I did that this morning and I was slow so I do believe that is why I was so far behind everyone. Anyway, I'm running along and all of a sudden I see a lion coming at me. John was near by but he really took off when I warned him of the lion. There was no way I could out run him. Hell, I couldn't out run a refrigerator. (ha, ha) I just plopped down and started praying the Our Father. Funny I started with a Hail Mary and in my dream thought, "Oh no, I need to go straight to the source!" and switched to the Our Father. I also said it very loud to make sure the lion could hear me. I wanted him to know I was going straight to the big guy. Guess what? It worked.

Mary Lesh said...

Tonight I hung out with Christy and Melissa to make some tags for my packages. It was "Craft" night. Anyway we were talking about Christmas and I got talking about my great gift to John. I got him tickets to go see Red Hot Chili Peppers. The tickets cost me $300. and it is in Memphis on Feb. 3rd. Christy is getting us a hotel for the night. I have been so excited because John's favorite band is Black Eyed Peas.
In case you have not figured it out--I thought I was getting tickets to John's favorite band only to realize tonight I didn't do that. I don't even know if he likes Red Hot Chili Peppers. The girls and I have been laughing all night at my stupid and costly mistake. I hope John likes Red Hot Chili Peppers cuz we are going to Memphis to see them.
Christy said it was a simple mistake they both have a food group and a color in their name. This should be interesting when John opens his present to see what I got him.
Now I have to make it up and buy something else. I already tried to get Black Eyed Peas tickets but they are not even on tour. Christy said she better up the hotel so the stay is at least sweet.
This is one time where it's more about the thought that counts.

nancy said...

OMG! You guys made me laugh out loud! Not just LOL, laugh out loud! Kathy, your post was spot on! Everyone does exactly that don't we?!?!?!! It was perfectly said. And Mom, you're so right about cleaning, but I do a lot of cleaning anyway. In order to make my big guy happy. Not THE big guy Mary, just mine. And Mary, you officially, have the weirdest dreams ever! Legs that don't come apart?!?!?!!?

Ok, this morning my mind was racing. I knew my sugar had to be low. But I kept thinking, it must have been low all night last night, because I kept trying to replay the night in my head. everything happened so fast and I , oh never mind. Anyway, last night was so fun! Gonna get some coffee.