Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Time for A Change


This is the bridge from England to Wales


Welcome to Wales


This is the bay in Cardiff.

I arrived safely and having a great time. Nancy and I are going to London in the morning. We are taking a train in and going to a lot of the highlights. We are going on the London Eye. I should have some amazing pictures tomorrow.

22 comments:

Gma17 said...

OMG!! You take such good pictures..I thought you would be exhausted ut you have bee busy aall day...Wow! Love he pictures.......Have fun

Gma17 said...

should check before I push enter..It should say...BUT YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY ALL DAY.

Kathy said...

Way to go Mary. Have fun and report back!!!

ricky b said...

Mary, I am so jealous of you. You take great pictures. Have fun, be safe, and Love ya.

Bridget said...

It looks like you're on the wrong side of the road.

Mary Lesh said...

We had way too much fun today. I think Bridget would have made us come in earlier. I am posting pictures to Flickr, but not too many tonight. I am working on them. Slowly but surely I am working on them.

Bridget said...

Why would I have you come in earlier? I like to have fun.

Mary Lesh said...

Because you always told the kids they had enough fun!

Bridget said...

That saying is for kids only!

Mary Lesh said...

Well that's good because we really are having too much fun. We went to Windsor Castle and Tintern Abby today. OMG, I love Windsor Castle. I want to live there. If I were Queen I would not allow visitors so I could run up and down the halls. And I would fly all my sisters over to run up and down the halls with me. I'd even bring my brothers over for that.

Gma17 said...

You are much to kind...What about "Mom"? I could watch !!

Kathy said...

I said I would babysit for Jim (the guy I work with)tonight. I'm already tired just thinking about it. He has 2 boys, age 6 and 3. That's all I've got, but I didn't want to be left out of BLOGing.

Mary Lesh said...

OMG Mom you would be the Queen Mum, you would be living here with me, silly.

nancy said...

OMG! People! Mary is running me ragged! We get up at 7am, and she is still up on her computer at 1am!! Last night I left her at 11pm.
I am equally as bad as mom and kathy with driving directions.. But I was very proud of myself being able to find so many things!! I mean, I know I have a sat-nav, but still, you have look for the thing your finding once you get there. We also came across a cute little place for lunch. It was 2pm and we were starving so we stopped. Mary had fish & chips. and peas. She ate ALL the peas first! Then when we got back in the car, we found bigger better nicer looking lunch places. oh well. We found a coupla lighthouses and the ruins of a castle.

Today, we are driving over to Stratford Upon Avon, which is the home of Shakespeare. We will see a play, although not shakespeare's, his were sold out. but this one is violent and explicit so we're excited.
In case I'm too tired to write tomorrow morning-on Sunday we are going to the west coast to Pembrokeshire for amazing photos. I hope the weather is nice!

nancy said...

MAry, where's the flickr feed? I KNOW you have awesome pictures! Let's see!! And you're up all night!

nancy said...

we're doing something else today, but I'm not telling you all. It's a secret.

nancy said...

Kathy, let's hear about your Adventures in Babysitting!!

Mary Lesh said...

Here is a link to my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/marylesh/collections/72157627881262406/

This has been the bestest trip ever.

Gma17 said...

So what is new?Can't wait to hear about the weekend>>>.

Mary Lesh said...

Well, we went to Strafford Upon Avon and hung out where Shakespeare hung out. Then we went to a play that was really different and a bit weird, but very good acting. Yesterday we went to the Gower. It is a beautiful cliff. I should be posting some of those pictures soon. I can't keep up with all the pictures I have been taking. Nancy had some running around to do today to prepare for her trip so I have been working on some. I plan to go to Cardiff Castle and another castle nearby tomorrow. Wednesday I am going to stay nearby again. Maybe do some shopping. I haven't planned Thursday and Friday yet. I do know Friday I am taking Hayle and her friends down by the pier to take some pictures after school. Hayle is taking me to Bath Saturday and then we leave Sunday.
This trip has been unbelievable. There is just too much to see and do. I don't have enough time to do everything.

Gma17 said...

Sounds like too much fun!! Aren't you afraid of driving??Good for you!

Mary Lesh said...

I'm not driving. I am taking the train or walking