Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Wales Should be Your Next Vacation Spot




Some of the places I have been.

15 comments:

Mary Lesh said...

OMG, They are calling for the first frost of the season tonight. I better purchase some gloves. It's going to be cold. Or should I say c-c-c-cold. Now I am scared. It has been so beautiful here I never imagined it would suddenly turn to frost. I guess I should consider myself lucky it stayed warm for most of my stay.

Gma17 said...

Fantastic pictures! i thnk you can pick out the beauty in everything.. glad you r enjoying this trip.. wish i were there with you..

ricky b said...

Love the beach, looks beautiful, BUT, Where are the "Palm Trees". I Love Palm Trees.....

Mary Lesh said...

No palm trees here, just cliffs and beaches. Oh and sheep. Lots of sheep. Do you know there are more sheep than people in Wales? True.
Nancy asked what they do with sheep besides sheer wool. I told her they probably eat them. Have you ever heard of sheep salad sandwiches? We haven't either, but it sounds good. If you like mayo.

nancy said...

HaHA!!! We got such a laugh out of that one! Sheep salad sandwiches!! want one??
so mary, watcha doin today?
we just woke up. I'm gonna go for a run-they have a mile long track outside the hotel and the weather here is GORGEOUS!!! then we'll have breakfast and lay by the pool. I want to go to Target, but every time we get in a taxi it's $50!! Each way!! someone shoulda rented a car!! My sugar was stupid crazy high last night. we were at the dinner for the European group and nothing sounded good, felt a little nauseous. so everyone getting these ginormous steaks and it made me want to be sick. I ordered the vegetarian. did you ever notice that the vegetarian meals are way tinyer than everyone else's?? I mean, I didn't feel like eating so it was fine, but seriously, i would be a hungry vegetarian, don't bring me plate with 3 slices of a zucchini and call it a meal! anyway, I came back to the room and it came down and was fine this morning. that's it.

Gma17 said...

So what is on the agenda for both of you(Nancy and Mary). Not much doing today.But at least it is nice out..67 this morning and a high of 82..AND SUN TODAY..yippee...It rained for a week here ..Even had a tornado in Sunrise.really bad. Today i go to my current events class. I have fun there...

nancy said...

for us, we have a meeting from 9:00 to 11:30, then free time till dinner. I think we'll lay by the pool. planning on doing nothing.
I know Mary said she was taking a train to Caerphilly castle today and then doing photos with Hayle and some friends after school.
What are you doing mom?

Gma17 said...

Today will be quiet, I guess so I will try to get a few things done here..Then run to K mart .Kelly will be spending the night tonite and she will be helping us shop for Sunday..Bridget just called and she cannot make it this week end :(.. Hope Nancy will not be too tired to have some fun....Oh we found a nice Church by Nancy's house. The priest was great but the pews were low...kinda funny, but it is a very pretty church.weather is beautiful; the high today will be 75..the weekend 80 and sunny..yippee!!

Kathy said...

Just got back from Vero Beach. Met Amber and her mom there. We spent 3 hours over dinner talking about Neil. They really like him. I really liked the crab cakes I ordered. They were the best I've ever had.

Mary Lesh said...

Getting ready to go to Bath. I posted the other day that I was going to Caerphilly Castle and taking pictures. I don't know what happened. Anyway, we overslept a bit. Hayle and I like to move slowly in the mornings. Today we will have to move a bit faster. We only gave ourselves 40 minutes. Having a quick coffee while I wait for my shirt to come out of the dryer. I am hoping it will take the wrinkles out and be warm when I put it on. Well, I gotta run.

Mary Lesh said...

I can't believe I am going home today. It has been great. I am ready to go home but I would love to stay. So much to still see and do. I hope I come back here soon. Thank you Nancy and Pete for this opportunity!

Mary Lesh said...

I can't believe I went to bed at 10:00 last night and i woke up this morning at 6:00 and feel refreshed. How good it is! Nancy and Pete I still can't thank you enough for the opportunity you gave me. Hayle is a doll. I didn't have to yell at her one time and she was very helpful to me. We shopped until we dropped in Bath and we watched some great tv, had some great meals together and last but not least took some great photos.
I was going through my pictures last night to show John and realized I had not even edited some from Strafford or Bath. He'll get another photo show tonight when he gets home.
How was the party last night? I wish I could have been there. I have to go to work today. Make sure someone posts some pictures somewhere.

Mary Lesh said...

Ok guys, it's Wednesday evening--where is everyone?

nancy said...

mary, we have been so busy! I keep mom and kathy pretty busy too!! oooh, so sore and tired! Mom and kathy left tonight and will be back tomorrow. Our plan is to have some fun tomorrow. The kids are all coming over for a halloween party in the neighborhood so hopefully we will take some photos. Kathy took some today.
we have hung shower curtains, window curtains, bought a table, lamps, blankets, sheets, towels, toilet roll hangers, towels hooks and rails, those have to be hung tomorrow, and loads more! Kathy and mom tried to pick up a grill for us but it wouldn't fit in moms car, so we drove over to rent their truck, but pete doesn't have us car insurance so he couldn't. we're trying again tomorrow with lori's van. we've met the pool guy, a seawall guy, a locksmith, the pest control guy, the alarm guy and tomorrow the a/c guy and lawn guy. i can't wait til this is all done!! But we're really happy with how it's coming along. It feels like 'ours'!!

Mary Lesh said...

I wish I could be there. I can't wait to see it all done--or at least close to done. When I saw it it was totally empty. The builders are supposed to be giving me and Diana a new subdivision which means I may not be able to make it down at Christmas time at all. Diana has been planning a 2 week vacation at that time. She was supposed to go at Thanksgiving but something came up with her boyfriend's family and they had to change all their plans. That leaves me to work. I can't complain since I just came back from a 2 week vacation and I am excited about the prospect of working in an awesome location for a change. It is also a higher price range so our checks will be bigger. Almost twice the size of the checks we have been getting. We have our last closing Nov 14th. Even with this new opportunity we will not have another check for at least 3 months unless we find some outside sales in the next week or two. We are now hustling to find some buyers. I am showing homes this afternoon to an investor I know. Fingers crossed. Anyway, we have been very busy this week trying to drum up new business.