Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

Wishing everyone a day full of blessings.

20 comments:

Kathy said...

Merry Christmas to all. Miss everyone who isn't down here in the south. Looking forward to going to Lori's and hearing the details of Carl's engagement. Have a Blessed day everyone!

Mary Lesh said...

What? Carl's engagement? Tell us about it.
Merry Christmas everyone. We had a great time this morning. Right now believe it or not, my kids are sleeping. I am playing with my camera because I got my remote. I also go the black rapid strap for my camera. I received a book on photography from Melissa and lots of cake decorating tools and book. Christy bought me a mandoline.
I gave John a second set of hands and the kids got him a new gps so we will probably go geocaching later today.
It is supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow but it is more of a winter mix down here. They expect 2-4 inches in North Georgia. Guess I'll be taking a ride up to North Georgia tomorrow.

Bridget said...

Well we are having fun up here, but could be a lot more fun with more people. Mo people, mo fun! Of course being with Brittany is like having little kids around. She was camped out pretty early by the tree waiting for everyone. Mom and I had to pick up Jimmy from the airport at 8:30 this morning so everyone had to wait. Everyone but Brittany slept, then she wanted me to get back into my pj's because otherwise it wouldn't feel like Christmas morning. Sebastien had his first Sullivan Christmas. We might have scared him. When he saw all the gifts he asked what little kids would be stopping over today. We told him "just Brittany". I then make Croque Monsieur in honor of Sebastien. (its a fancy french name for ham and cheese.) It was good. Now we will start the turkey. I asked if anyone wanted to watch the reenactment of Washington crossing the Delaware River, but with mom here everyone had to hear of how horrable it really is. (Mom went once) Oh well, everyone have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, and I hope next year more of us can be together somehow. Love you all.

nancy said...

we woke up at 7:30. of course Pete was the last one downstairs! There were SO many presents!! Even with only 3 kids! And Carol made 3 nice gifts for Pete and his brothers. A cookbook she had printed of all the Christmas recipes she's used/made thru their lives. Filled with stories and pictures. She got us girls candles, lotions and yummy smelling stuff. We went to church too early and Hayle got 'told' by the priest who caught her on her phone (although, it was 35 minutes b4 mass started, so chill Father.) Right after mass started, it was snowing SO HARD!!!! and all day it came down!! We had the most delicious food! and we were ALL tired by 6pm. We're driving to Boone in the morning to ski. Hopefully the roads will be ok (it's STILL snowing!)
It's been a great day!

Mary Lesh said...

John and I are headed for the mountains. Going to drop Linsey's present off and take some pictures. John is going to do a little geocaching. I'll be posting some later.

Barbara said...

Be careful.

Kathy said...

Well we had a very beautiful sunny day. Went out in the yard and played with all of Johnny's and Kelly's Xmas gifts. Threw some footballs and kicked some soccer balls. Linda made lasagna (just like dad use to) I made salad and Lori made desserts. We had a great time too. Today is windy and suppose to get very cold tonight. MaryEllen called to tell us it is snowing in Jacksonville. (John's brother reported that one)
Barb, where are the pictures of everyone in their onezies?

Mary Lesh said...

John wants to see some pictures of the snow up in PA. He says he doesn't believe it, he wants proof. Bridget? Get some pictures.

Gma17 said...

Hey!! We had a lot of snow but no pictures...winds today were over fifty miles per hr. it was terrible.. there is nor snow on trees etc. cause it blowing all over..winds compared to category 3 hurricane.I did not even open the door. airport was closed all day ...tomorrow might be better. no more winds..Bridget and i will take brittany home..maybe New york will be better for pictures..we just watched "Meet the Fockers" in her basement..fun..fun..fun..love that movie drinking a glass of wine and then bed time.. coming home on Thursday!1

Gma17 said...

Hey...By the way...go Falcons!!!!!!!

Mary Lesh said...

Today I go back to work. Yuck. Oh well, I guess I need to make some money.

nancy said...

Look at facebook for our winter storm pictures!! We got hit!!! The wind was blowing SO BAD we thought we wouldn't get out of Boone! We had rented a 15 passenger van and all of us were piled in it! We looked like terrorists on the mountain so covered up! The pictures from leaving Carol's house on the 26th were beautiful though!

Mary Lesh said...

What are your plans for New Years Eve and do you have any resolutions?
Instead of resolutions I was inspired by Christy last year to make a "bucket" list of 52 things I want to do for the year. I am going to do the same thing again this year. I did not complete my list but I did about 1/2.

nancy said...

thats a really good idea, but how do you come up with the list?? I am too forgetful!! How do I know what I want to do?? Give me some ideas??
We are having new years eve at Carols. she's making lots of food. We're hoping rick & cherie and family will come over for new years day dinner!

Mary Lesh said...

So far I only have 28 things but it goes something like this:
read a nove
read an autobiography,
read a biography,
read a self help book (this gets me reading which I like to do but don't take the time to do it)
Take a photography class
Take a cooking class
Take a cake decorating class
Go to Wales
Take a weekend trip anywhere
Write a poem
etc

It's things I want to do but never do. If I pick 52 things I only have to do 1 thing a week. Sometimes I do 2 things in a week and then I don't do anything for a couple weeks. There really isn't a time limit other than do all things by the end of the year.

Mary Lesh said...

That first thing on my list is novel. I like this better than resolutions.

Gma17 said...

sounds like a good idea. I will really have to think about it though..I would like to lose a pound a week. And I want to start sewing again...more crafts.. going home tomorrow..had fun here ..went to NYC to bring Brittany home yesterday. WOW!! New york was a mess. It was fun, though.Bridget managed fine....

Gma17 said...

WELL, I'M HOME AGAIN...MY JOURNEY HOME STARTED OFF GREAT..CHECKED MY BAG, WENT TO SECURITY (NOONE WAS THERE) GOT THRU AND WAS AT MY GATE ALMOST TWO HOURS EARLY..CAN'T BEAT THAT. HAD BREAKFAST AND WAITED. THE PLANE WAS ON TIME BUT THERE TWICE AS MANY PEOPLE THAN SEATS. LOT OF YELLING. STILL GOT ON THE PLANE AND WAS QUITE HAPPY..UNTILL........THE OVER 6 FT, 320(APROX) MAN SAT IN THE MIDDLE SEAT. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!well, he said he was sorry but immediately sat back and fell asleep. i had 1/2 seat and had to hold my left arm with my right arm so it didn't get squashed. i would have slept but his snoring kept me awake...ah, does it sound like I am complaining? didley doo..NO WAY! had a great tie at Bridget's , great food and lots of fun..Even enjoyed the blizzard from the inside looking out..HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!1 GOOD HEALTH TO ALL..LOVE YOU BRAUN'S!!YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!!

nancy said...

Aw poor mom! That stinks!!

Happy New Year to all my Family! I would love to have seen or talked to all of you, but isn't it crazy how time FLIES when you're visiting during a holiday??!!
Everyone stay safe and have a great new year!! We fly home on Sunday.

Mary Lesh said...

Happy New Year Everyone!