Friday, May 07, 2010

Extending Our Deck



Ok, time for a new post. Here are John and Tony working on the new deck. It is coming along and thanks to Tony for the help. I don't do well on ladders and lifting.

5 comments:

Gma17 said...

I've been waiting for the pictures..They are working hard, it looks. Can't wait to see the finished project!!!

Mary Lesh said...

It should be close to being finished this weekend. I helped John today. It took me 15 minutes to screw in one screw. But the second one went much faster. I did that in about 2 minutes. John said he would do the rest. I did go to Home Depot to get the deck boards (the ones for the floor). I helped load them in the truck and then unload them. John will probably have all the deck boards done this weekend. Then we have to put up a rail and we are still arguing about the stairs. I don't care if we have them but if we do, I don't want a straight staircase. I want a landing and a turn. John says no. I'll let you know who wins. I may have to do it myself and judging by how long it takes for me to screw, it could be next year before the stairs on done. Oh, well.

Gma17 said...

Mary, Maybe you are trying too hard. But any way, I do think the platform would be great but then again, stairs are stairs and "the deck" is the important part..are you going to have a deck party? We had one when dad finished the deck in Copperhill. Parties are fun!!. Kelly and I watched Melissa and Steven's party last night..Any way practice makes perfect with that screwing thing...

Mary Lesh said...

That's what John keeps saying, I have to keep practice screwing

Linda said...

Mom, are you telling Mary to keep screwing, or are you telling her to get screwed...either way, I'm shocked!!