Sunday, May 16, 2010

All Done!

 John is done!  Well, almost. He still has to add a staircase, but the deck is larger! I almost hated to put this up because a few people, myself included had responded to the last post--so everyone go back one and read the last few posts if you haven't already. Ya'll are invited up, down or over to see the deck and come have a BBQ.

15 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh John, you did a beautiful job. That looks so inviting!!! And Mary, I know you did a lot to help as well. Good going you guys!!

nancy said...

that's huge!!!!!!!!!! Looks perfect for BBQ's! I want to come for one! But with all the ash in the sky around here, ugh!!

Mary Lesh said...

And just for the record there is 12 more feet of the deck. We did not tear down the old deck. John did take down the rail so it would match the new rail. I have to stain it but John wants to put stairs on the end so I am waiting for that.

Gma17 said...

WOW!!! Great job.. Can't wait to get up there and enjoy it..

Gma17 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM!!!LOVE YOU!!!

Christy H LeClair said...

Happy Birthday Jimmy!!!

I can't wait for John to start on the expansion of our deck!!! Yeah!

Mary Lesh said...

Happy Birthday Jimmy!

Don't hold your breath Christy!

nancy said...

so, my personal trainer is coming over for dinner tonight.......healthy vs. not healthy?? going for both. fish on the grill and risotto cakes, YUM!

Kathy said...

Went and had my cataract surgery on Wednesday. Eye is still swollen and blurry. I had a tri-focal lens put in but I still can't see any difference. The Dr. said it will take a few days but unless I wake up tomorrow morning with some kind of miracle, I don't think it helped. CRAP!!!

Gma17 said...

Positive thinking, Kathy! I know it will be better, I know it will be better. Remember the little engine that could. When you go to bed each night, after you say your prayers, keep saying "it will be better" etc. etc.
ok?

Mary Lesh said...

I'm sure it will be fine, Kathy. Give it time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Mary Lesh said...

Hey everyone, I just signed up to be a Mary Kay consultant so if you want any Mary Kay products at my cost you can check out my websit, but don't order on line because you will pay full price. Use that to see what you want then call me.
http://www.marykay.com/mlesh/default.aspx

Gma17 said...

WOW! I still have some stuff that Nancy was selling way,way,way back when??I need some new stuff.I will be looking....

nancy said...

oh cool mary! I loved doing that. Kathy, so is it better today?
Carol is here visiting, we're going to Amsterdam on Friday for the weekend. We're going to see Anne Franks house, a bike tour and a side trip to Brussels. And of course eating and drinking, I'll never lose weight! But it'll be fun!

Mary Lesh said...

Where is everybody? For those who did not hear, I shot a wedding Sunday. The bride didn't want to wrinkle her dress so instead of dressing at home, she got dressed in a public restroom. She got married at a park. So I have pictures of the bride in the "family" restroom. Bride, mother of the bride, me, a toilet, a sink and a changing table. Not a lot of room.
Then one of her bridesmaids did not show up so rather than have uneven sides, she asked a guest to stand in. The guest was wearing jeans and a black t-shirt. I would have gone with the uneven attendants, but that's me.
She didn't want to get her dress dirty so we could only take traditional pictures of the bride and groom with their family. When we got back to their house (reception) the bride took off her dress. She had a plaid sundress with her cheesy little veil and her white wedding rubber flip flops. I took pictures of them cutting the cake sans the wedding dress and throwing the bouquet sans the wedding dress. It really didn't seem worth it, but I guess this was her wedding so who am I to criticize.