For me, it was the unexpected walk to the pier, stopping for a beer/wine and enjoying the sunshine! It's so rare here. Then Pete made me a most delicious sandwaich for dinner, yummy!
Monday, August 03, 2009
What was the best part of your weekend??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
40 comments:
the best part of my weekend was going down to the beach with my family and buffett. he went swimming we had a few drinks (not me) my parents did OBVIOUSLY! (this is hayle btw) i love seeing buffett swim he has like half a tail so it goes wild in the water. we had no balls so i threw rocks but obviously they sunk down in the water so he was getting frustrated after he couldnt get them!
Well, you guys have just too much fun. But this weekend was great. Kathy came down on Sat and we went to Kohl's'. Called Linda and she met us and we had lunch. Laughed and talked and almost got home when Linda called(we were in separate cars) and asked if we wanted to go to Joannne's. We went and bought more yarn for our hats. Sun Kathy came and we finished two hats and went to Linda's for supper and then had some wine. So fun, fun fun. Kathy and Linda will probably write some more of the funny moments we had. And there were a few..(We did call Lori but she never answered her phone.) So she must have been having fun too.
Well, I'm very jealous!! My weekend was boring, boring, boring. With all the kids gone, and far away, (Joey is still here but you would never know it.) I am lucky to see him for five minutes a day. So Mike and I just sat around. You know what its like around here to try and hide while Mike is cleaning. And its worse when I'm the only one trying to hide. Sunday it rained, and rained, and rained. I plan on traveling more when Joey actually does go to school. So hopefully you will see more of me (people in Fla.) Since Jim, and Joe will be there. But Mike did cook a delicious (is that right?) steak dinner last night. OMG so good!!
Hmmm, I worked at the subdivision for the last day Saturday. John and I watched 2 movies--Gran Torino, Yes Man, and Australia. Sunday I wrote a contract with one couple then I had an open house. I did finish one of my hats Saturday night while watching a movie but, I was taking it off the needles in the dark and missed some stitches so it is currently sitting on my pool table waiting for Kathy to visit and save it.
Speaking of the pool table, John and I also played a game of pool. I WON. Whipped his a--, Killed him--Beat the s--- out of him--I WON, I WON, I WON. That will teach him to play with a pool shark. He thought he had a chance. That's funny.
Other than that I had an uneventful weekend. Certainly wasn't anything to brag about. Maybe next weekend.
Well, I had a great weekend. As Mom said, I met them for lunch! I had wings, they had salads. Then to JoAnn's. Bought more books! They went to Moms and knitted, while I went home to see what else I could eat. Sunday I organized my sewing room (again)(to many books). Mom and Kathy joined us for dinner; we had the ziti, garlic bread and cheese cake!! Yum Yum..Tomorrow I go back my personal trainer!! Thus the overeating. I DID NOT GO TO FAYE'S this weekend and I am now having withdrawal (for those of you that don't know it, that is my fabric/quilting store). Also, I spoke to Jimmy and he sounds great. Although he does not have an email address, I did give him our blog address so when he goes the the library, he can read the blog and catch up on things. I hope I can go up and meet him for lunch sometime in the next couple weeks..Also, FYI; ya know how on the cell phone your messages don't always show up right away. Well neither do your txt messages. The other morning while on the way to work at 5:30am I got a txt msg form Gabby, so I txt her right back asking her why she was up at 2:30am. SHE WASN'T, she had sent me the txt the day before! BEWARE!!That's all for now..
I wish I was in Florida! Well this weekend I worked fri & sat nights. Slept most of Saturday but did manage to walk around a little because it was nice outside took a nap and back to work. Then on Sunday I slept again most of the day and watched the movie Ali because there was nothing else on and pouring rain outside. Later I met my friend for dinner. We shared an appetizer and an entree and it was $67 not including tip! Not even a fancy restaurant. This city is crazy! That really irritated me.
/yeah!! that's more like it! Dang Brittany, that is ridiculous!! Did you double check the bill? Pete's taking me out wednesday for my birthday, and today hayle and I got our new phones! yippee!! Hayle and I have made a huge dent in the mess we call her room!! Getting rid of tons of clothes that don't fit and god, she had a vaccuum cleaner full of dust!! Hey! The lights in the kitchen just burned out-all of them, let me go check the fuse. brb.....that was weird, the fust just blew. oh well, fixed it. ok see ya
Gees, I gues Mom, Mary, Bridget and Me are all invisible to Nancy!!
the best part of my weekend was sunday. adam and i were tired of the rain and humidity. we went to the museum of life & science in durham and we walked around for HOURS. it was sort of like a zoo, lots of real animals, which not a lot of museums have. i got a jamocha shake from arbys which was DEEELISH, and then for dinner we got to eat my dad's tasty ribs! what a good day!
I'm over here!!! Hello, Can you see me? Yoo hoo Nancy look what I did?
what the H are you all talking about??!! freaking weirdo's
I had a weekend kinda like Brittany's- tis the life of restaurant work. Sunday I worked a double so I was gone from noon til 2am.
I have off today, so it's sort of my weekend now. I went to lunch with an old friend, shopped a bit, and I might go see a movie with Tony. Then I'll have drinks with another friend tonight. I wanted to go to a pool, but I feel fat. I'll be damned if it doesn't rain on the days I feel thin enough to don my bikini...
Oh, and I think it's funny that everyone talked about the food they ate as the best part of their weekend!
AND Great job to all those knitters out there finishing hats for a good cause. How 'bout some pictures??
I went to a wedding on a boat in the inter-coastal this weekend. It was nice. The kids spent the night with Christy and Leeman and made a movie...which is pretty awesome. It is in editing at the moment.
Sunday I cleaned Kelly's room and it took FOREVER!
That is about it...
I guess my best part or favorite part was swimming at the hotel pool and then watching the kids movie.
Melissa, notice my favorite part of the weekend did not include the food I ate.
Nancy, you seemed to totally ignore the rest of us, but obviously our weekend did not compare to Brittany's. I guess I'll have to work for 2 days (oh, that's right I did), sleep in (I did, but I didn't mention that part), go out and eat and pay a ridiculous amount of money for nothing. Hmmm, it must be the money spent because it sounds like Brittany and I had almost the same weekend.
omg! I made one comment about $67 for half a dinner & appetizer. so then, mom, that was funny, i;m waiting to hear more funny stuff from kathy & linda ( or did they not find it as funny as you?? hmm) Bridget-you made me laugh thinking about you hiding from mike in his cleaning mode.Mary, you said you watched 2 movies but you mentioned 3. so really you watched 3. and you made me laugh at how bad you beat the crap out of john. linda, your ziti and garlic bread sound great. and i KNOW your craft room did NOT need more organizing! I've seen it!!
I feel better.
I actually cleaned out a closet in my bedroom yesterday.YEAH!!!! It feels so good. I'm gonna do another one today. OMG! I'm cleaning. What motivated me??? Huh.
so what Nancy...was my weekend chop liver to you??? Not a mention of it in your reply to EVERYONE ELSES...whatever...
Is it too late to tell you what I did! I don't remember too many funny moments though, mom. I think I would have more fun memories if there were more people with us. I mean there were a few lulls during the day. But that's just my thinking.
Okay, we did go shopping and have lunch, that was fun. On Sunday, mom and I went to Cosco to get a hot dog and a soda for $1.50. We were waiting for a parking spot when some ugly old lady zipped though two parked cars and backed in to our parking spot! OH WAS I MAD!!!!!! So naturally on the way in we threw insults at one another. She called me a wide load and I called her ugly. So when she called me a wide load again so I told her "So what, I least I can get my problem fixed"! I showed her.... Where is my barbed tongued daughter when I need her. She does have a quick sarcastic wit. Just to fill you in on her. A girl she works with commented on how tall Linsey's boyfriend is. And Linsey said "yeah, he is tall" to which the girl says "Your boyfriend is really skinny too". So Linsey says "Yeah, he's pretty skinny". Then the girl says "Doesn't he make you feel FAT"? The girl thought this over and said "Well, at least you have a pretty face"> To which Linsey said " Yeah, does it make you feel ugly'?
I just left my personal trainer. My body is rejecting her....FYI... Don't get fat!...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY!!!!
Wish you were here so we could help celebrate.
thank you Kathy!
sorry Linda
kathy that was a funny story!
Lori, I think you had the most exciting weekend of all! I mean A wedding on a boat, no kids, swimming at the pool! OMG! I can't imagine! seriously, except for the cleaning the daughters bedroom-ugh-well, we did that too! and it does look great! we even ordered one of those rugs from costco for her room.
ok, not sure what I shall do today, hmmm will have to let you all know later......
OH! forgot to tell you, when I came downstairs this morning, there was a gift for me in the kitchen. With a big pink bow on it. It wasn't wrapped, so I could see it right away!! an ironing board. how exciting is that! he's so funny.
Do they still make clothes that need ironing? Just kidding!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Happy Birthday Nancy !!!! Have a great day. BTW, what a great idea for cherie's xmas present (an Ironing board), wow now I can relax (Thank you guys, you're the BEST).. Love ya
Happy Birthday Nancy!!!! Did you ask for an ironing board, or did Pete think of that all by himself. I think he needs a few more lessons with Mike! But Happy Birthday anyway.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ,NANCY......
ENJOY YOUR IRONING..
All together now 1 - 2 - 3
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Nanccccyyyy
Happy Birthday to you....
Isn't if funny that if you would have received a kitchen gadget, ironing board, etc the first couple of years you were married - there would be hell to pay. But as the years go by it is almost a welcomed gift!
Hope you have a great day, Nancy.
yeah, I actually love those kinds of gifts...crazy but oh so true
BIRFDAY...BIRFDAY...
HAVE A GOOD ONE!
HIPPY HAPPY BIRHDAY AUNt NANCY!!
Happy Birthday Nancy! Hope it was the best.
ok, I'll ask, who is Tammy?
I'll ask too. Who's Tammy????
I am laughing so hard right now. Linda asked me who Tammi was and I had no idea. I came home to read what tammi had to say and realized it was me. I am Tammi. I did that from a computer at work and I noticed I did not have to sign in. I thought it was odd, but just figured I left it signed in by mistake. But, apparently Tammi Bogel used the computer before me and had signed into her gmail account and never signed out so blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
omg! and I thought it was a facebook friend who hacked into our family blog?!!!!! I have a friend tammy from high school who i added as a friend. we exchange nice things to each other but that's it. hayle thought she was stalking me now. whoa! Thank god I didn't ask her about it!!
Wow, for a minute there, I thought it was a tammy I dated way back when, whew !!! Now I don't have to try and explain anything to Cherie
Rick you crack me up.
Thank you Mary, for a minute I thought it was Tammy Faye Baker! I'm reading a book about reincarnation, and channeling of the spirits. Whoa!! Right before my eyes I thought OMG its TRUE, its even happening on our blog. Oh thank you Mary for clarifying that one. Now I can catch my breath. Also I don't like the idea of just ANYONE talking on OUR blog like they are just one of us. How DARE anyone try that. Of course we were on to Tammy right away. So if anyone tries again, they better know that we are like spys.
OMG..Mystery solved.. Thank Heavens..And Nancy you are so lucky..Golly gee! When are you going? SanDiego is my favorite city. We enjoyed our stay there a lot.. Where to , on the cruise, lucky girl?
Post a Comment