Thursday, August 06, 2009

Hayle

Ok, Hayle is really growing up!!  You all know she started babysitting, opened a bank account, carries a debit card to access her bank account and makes her deposits, checks her balance and transfers money from savings and the debit part.  Well NOW, she was dying to spend money today!  She transferred money from savings so she could spend some.  We stopped at a local spa, and she had her eyebrows waxed!!  Really, it was a little 'tidy up'.  Not much taken off, but she was so cute!  Then we walked over to the Aveda salon, where she discussed some options and made an appointment for Monday for some highlights.  On to the drug store where she picked up some make up items.  She left feeling 'very pretty'.  Just what a girl needs!!  Yeah Day!

25 comments:

Nancy said...

sorry, I had to post a new post 'cuz it was taking so long to get to the bottom of the other one. So Mom, yes, we're very excited! Pete booked a cruise on Royal Caribbean. It's 5 days. It goes to Mexico. So if Carl goes to FL to get married, we'll miss it (if it is that week!) If he's in CA, we could have dinner with him on the Friday night we get in. Actually, we arrive in CA about 4pm Friday, and the boat leaves 5pm Saturday.

Unknown said...

Did the waxing hurt her? I remember when I got my first highlights. But now my hair is destroyed..ugh! And my mom bought me that fake razor called the Flicker so I thought i was shaving but really wasn't. And she would run out of the shower and show me every-time she cut herself from shaving so I was soo petrified. She would say, "See....see how sharp these razors are, they'll cut right through you." And I would get sick and feel faint etc.. But I guess it really did work because (I really hope I don't jinx myself) to this day I have never even nicked myself. But anyways...her eyebrows look great!

Unknown said...

Also i just read all the blogs from the previous post...hilarious. Especially the one about Tammi!

Bridget said...

Brittany, the flicker DOES shave your legs, its just safer than a razor. It wasn't a fake. Hayle you look beautiful! Nancy now get your money ready, she will be expensive.

hayle said...

hey brittany! now axing didn't really hurt they just shocked me like i jumped whn she did it i mean it was a quick pain but lasted for like a second. nothing i really that i seemed to notice. but what did hurt was her plucking. i did expect it to though. then i went to aveda the hair dressers and im getting highlights. im excited but it comes outta my money which is £20 so it better be noticable last long and look good or im sueing >:O

Mary Lesh said...

Omg! All grown up. Hayle you are more beautiful than ever. I think you are going to be a model.
Brittany, you can still buy the flicker razor if you really want to see how it works. It does work and like your mom said it is safer.

Kathy said...

Flicker isn't a real razor?? Oh for crying out loud. Now you tell me

Nancy said...

flicker is a razor and does work, we all used it didn't we? But I never came out of the shower with blood on my legs to show Hayle how razors could 'cut right through you'! buncha lunatics.

Bridget said...

I don't ever remember coming out of the shower to show Brittany blood on my legs. She is dreaming.

Mary Lesh said...

Let's face it, if Bridget saw blood on her legs she would have passed out before she could get to Brittany. So we know that's an exaggeration.

Jen said...

That is too cute, I wax my brows about every 3 weeks or so, sometimes i stretch it out cause i don't want to pay for it :) i love it though, they feel and look so great when they are given a "tidy up" as you put it. I wish i could bring myself to try that on some other areas. Shhhh don't tell my dad!

I don't know how old I was when I started the whole makeup, hair highlighting thing. I don't think I ever did hair color until college honestly. Makeup came with high school I think.

But Hayle, just remember that you don't want to become addicted to that stuff, enjoy the way you look naturally too :) You are such a beautiful girl!

Linda said...

Nicely said, Jen

Gma17 said...

OK Hayle, where are the pictures? We all want to know how the hair went??

Nancy said...

ok, we're back from a rainy weekend at the beach. well, grey clouds fighting blue skies sort of. hayle's at the salon now. Hayle refuses to believe me when i tell her she doesn't need makeup of highlights or any of the crap we all do. because we all do it. she says i'm only saying it because i'm her mom. she gets mad at me when i try to help her. i'm fighting a losing battle.

Nancy said...

oops, makeup -or- highlights

Mary Lesh said...

I did not allow my girls to wear make-up until they were 16. They grow up too fast and need to be kids as long as possible.

Bridget said...

Brittany used to say the same thing to me. That I only say that because I'm her mom, but I was like Mary. Brittany could not get highlights until after HIGH SCHOOL. Its a very expensive maintenance, and I didn't want that. But good luck!!

Linda said...

I guess we know who the boss is in that family!!

Linda said...

Nancy, Looks like Carl will be in town (San Diego) when you are there. I will send you his phone number so you can call him once you get in town. Gabby is coming here on the weekend of the Aug 22nd to look for a dress and check out the beach house for the wedding, which will be the weekend of October 10th or the 17th. We have to see when the beach house is available.

Nancy said...

fine everyone. but hayle paid for the highlights herself, so?? oh well. it does look really nice. what beach house? the one rick showed us?? that's in NC, i'm confused? oh well, what else is new??

Linda said...

Gabby and Carl are planing to get married on the beach here. Lori and Christy have been busy with plans and found a beach house for them. They will get married on the beach, then we will all party at the beach house..

Bridget said...

October 10th is better for me. Homecoming for the University of Florida is October 17th. Mike buys his tickets one year in advance. Hope you pick October 10th.

RickyB said...

I LOVE the beach, great idea and I just checked, Monday night (10/12) they fins play the J-E-T-S in Miami....

Linda said...

Dammit! Gabby and Carlk also want 10/10, but Christy and leeman can't make it that weekend. I was hoping Christy could be there, because she was helping Lori with all the details. Also, wanted Leeman for the music!! Any ideas??

RickyB said...

Linda, No worries, I was just in the attic and found my 8 track player. It looks like new and I'm sure it'll work just fine. I have some KC and the Sunshine band tapes, as well as the Bee Gees. What do you think???