Friday, December 12, 2008

Obama's Inaugural Parade

J.P. Taravella High's Marching Trojans win coveted spot in Obama's inaugural parade. Ethan is my nephew. He is the son of my brother Tim. How cool is that. You can click on the title of this post and it will take you to the story. I think he has been on the news down there.

12 comments:

Gma17 said...

Man, that is cool. Where in the world are they staying while there. I hear there are NO rooms available. Oh well, who really cares? Just being there is great..... You can sleep anyplace.
Lucky them!!

Mary Lesh said...

That is soooo cool. Melissa has been trying to talk me into driving up and back in a day. We just might.

Kathy said...

Awesome!! I love High School bands. Linsey has in the band for 4 years and I sat through every performance and parade they were in.
I finally did some Christmas shopping this weekend. It was minuscule compared to what I usually do. I also did some beading and knitting. I also bought a lottery ticket but I haven't checked it yet because I don't want to learn too early that I haven't won yet.
I'm leaving for Bridget's this Friday so if I don't get on this BLOG for awhile I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a brilliant New Year.

Jen said...

nancy i need your updated address, my mom and i have completely different ones oops!!

also , if someone can send me christy & leeman's addy too, that'd be great. :) thank youuuu

Nancy said...

Here is Christy's address
303 SW 28th Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33445

Melissa's is
881 Memorial Drive #310
Atlanta, GA 30136

and mine is
2 Westbourne Rd
Penarth CF64 3HE
United Kingdom

~Kathy, I'll see you at BB's--we can't wait!!! Whoever gets to go to the inauguration, have fun! It should be an incredible time!!

Gma17 said...

By-the-Way, Kathy, nobody won so make sure you buy some more for Wednesday. Maybe we will fly up in a private jet..Fun..Fun..Fun

Jen said...

ok nancy
aunt barb emailed me and gave me the correct address for you but that is NOT the address i got for christy! or melissa for that matter.

Nancy said...

i just got those 2 days ago from mary for both of them. that's why i was able to answer you so quickly. hmmm. you mean i was faster and more righter than barb???? I AM organized!!!!

Jen said...

yeah you are righter nancy
but we all know barb is the woman.

Nancy said...

Hey!
ok, so yesterday Hayle had told us from lunch time on, they were having no lessons, they were just practicing singing for the christmas concert (which Hayle was not a part of) and she would be bored, blah, blah, blah. But I felt for her, how boring to be doing something for 3 hours that you were SO not interested in. She even said she'd rather have lessons. So we fibbed, and I said she had a dentist appt, and I picked her up at lunch. We went out, took the train to Cardiff and did some Xmas shopping!! It was really fun! Although I am annoyed with stores over here! They talk about recession, all these people getting laid off, how sad it is and what is to come??!! But do you think the stores have any sales or mark downs!!?? NO! Can you freaking believe!!? when people are stressing about how to pay the bills do you think they're gonna buy full prices clothes? Who am I preaching too, you guys know what I'm talking about. But we did have fun, the stores were packed, the weather was cold (and not wet!!) So it was great fun! So, today I am getting my hair cut, and then we have to start packing!! Yippee!! We'll be flyhing out Friday morning and getting to Bridget's sometime Friday afternoon! We are SO excited!! Hayle has reminded me every day how many days til Xmas and what she wants, so many times!! I've never seen her this excited!!

Mary Lesh said...

Sounds like you all had a good time. I can't wait to see you guys. We're getting in about 4 or 5 in the morning Saturday. See you Saturday morning.

Jen said...

who is all going to bridgets this year??? i wasn't sure if many would be going since there is a wedding there in april!