

Happy 50th Birthday Dad!
We surprised my dad on Friday with a 50th birthday bash! He was just back from Mexico and very wiped out, but we did our best to secretly drag him out to The Amato's House. Of course, you know how my dad is with surprises, he asks a lot of questions!

Thank you Lori for sending some HILARIOUS gifts and some delicious cookies--just so you know , I think I may want you to do some of my wedding favors :) :)
Enjoy the pictures of dad's big day!! Love you all!
The infamous "guppy" face :)
23 comments:
Wow Rick. You look good. Are you the gift?
HEY who ever heads up this blog, can you add my new blog link to the LINKS section....you can find the link to it on my main blog thing. let me know if you can't find it-it's a new blog if you want to read about the joys of wedding planning :)
Jen, Thank you for posting those pictures!! I love that you guys did that! No one loves surprises more than your dad!! Yeah you!
Rick - It looks like you had a great time. What a nice surprise.
Lil Ricky - Looks like you have finally lost that little Ricky look. All grown-up.
Jen - I am so glad you keep us all up to date on your family. Love your website, I put the link up. You will have to email us all the password.
Yeah, thanks Jen. Without you we would never know what was going on in your family. Love you
the password is "wilmington" but that wasn't exactly the right website. I have that one, yes, but i also have this one...http://braungeiger.blogspot.com/
us braun's are busy people but i hate to lose touch with everyone! so i hope all this blogging helps!
Ok, this is ridiculous. Bridget bought a 2 pound bag of red licorice before she left. Then she decided that was too much so she left more than half the bag here. The first night, I passed the bag 3 times before I took one. Omg, it was soooo fresh. So I had 8 pieces. Then I hid it. The problem with hiding it yourself is you know where it is. I tried avoiding it, but every time I looked in the pantry, there it was. Today I finally thought, "just have 2 little pieces." Well 7 pieces later I am wondering where I can hide it next. Maybe I will have Joey hide it when he gets home. Or maybe I'll just eat it all today and get it over with.
mary, I can see how that would be a problem, I'll have to have a think about what to do, as I've done that before(not eaten the food?? i eat so much crap!!) Just so you all know, I have been SO successful at all this fundraising crap! I am bringing this school into the 21st century! We have tons of new parents, even fathers joining the PA. I have so many things planned for next year, it's going crazy! YEAH!
Good for you, Nancy! Just for the record, this afternoon I bought a super soaker water gun because I spotted the bunny that was eating Mike's flowers. I came home and thought, hmmm, I think I will fill this up so tomorrow I can squirt the little guy. Well, what do you know he was on the edge of the garden. I ran toward him and he took off. I squirt everywhere. Couldn't find the little bast#$%, but I am ready for tomorrow. Game on little bunny. I'm gonna gitcha. You have eaten the last of Mike's flowers.
Mary, not to worry about getting rid of the candy, me and mom will be there soon. We'll help you get rid of it.
Rick, it looks like you had a good time at your party, but to set the record straight....it was me, mom and Linsey that sent the party gifts. Lori did make the delicious cookies and I wish I could take the credit for that. We also left you a sample of our singing talents on your cell phone. Don't erase it, (could be worth a mint someday)
Come on Kathy, it will never last that long.
Well, I think I will go out exploring today and take some pictures.
By the way Rick you look incredibly tan!!! I thought you have been working!!!
I already had 6 pieces of licorice today.
I am so sorry for not putting a note in the box. Kathy did go out and in one afternoon was able to find some great funny stuff. It all looks good on you too! Hey, are you working out or something?
this is lori...i thought rob was signed in as him...i don't know what this strength camp philosophy is...i guess it's me for right now
Just a little update. Yesterday I swam 5 whole laps in the pool. Not hard core swimming, just leisurely swimming across the pool. I wanted to do more but it was boring. Melissa challenged me to do 15 today, so I did. As I finished my last lap and stood up to get out I noticed a frog next to me. OMG! I screamed and he swam off. I quickly (as quick as a fat old lady could move) climbed out of the pool. Then I decided I had to get him out. I got the skimmer and proceeded to position myself as far as possible from the side the frog was on and stretched across the pool to scoop the frog out. Surprisingly he allowed me to scoop him up and toss him (gently) in the garden area. Would you believe the little bastard ran back and jumped into the pool. Game on buddy. I scooped a couple times before I finally got him. I kept him high above the ground so he would not try to escape. Apparently he was afraid of heights and stayed in the skimmer while I worked my way over to the pond. As I lowered the skimmer he jumped from the netting and kind of bounce on the patio next to the pool. He quickly jumped into the garden near the pond, but he left a little froggy s--t on the patio. I feel like a winner.
Mary, I can't wait to come up there. It's certainly been awhile since I've been rabbit and frog hunting, but hell..I'll give it a go.
And I will sit on the patio with my wine while you two are hunting frogs and rabbits...with a camera , of course
wow, how exciting!! But Mary, didn't it occur toyou that the frog did want to be in the pool? that's so funny that he junped right back in. he was probably thinking, hey, lady, what the hell are you doing?? I was swimmming! I'm going back!! what about rabbits? I didn;t hear a rabbit hunting story??
n othing exciting like all that over here. we're going to a friends house in southampton this weekend. hmm, nope, got nothing else....
It is supposed to rain today so there will probably be no hunting. I am going to have to go into town sometime today to get groceries and wine, but that is all I have planned so far today.
I have kept pretty busy so far. I am almost through reading my second book. I read "90 Minutes in Heaven" (I think that was the name) and I am almost done with Anderson Cooper's book. Can't remember the name. Did you all know Anderson Cooper is the son of Gloria Vanderbilt? That's right. The poor little rich girl's son. I have 4 more books lined up to read before Mom and Kathy get here.
OMG! The bunny came out already. I wasn't prepared. Darn it. I left the gun empty last night. I think he is on to me. I usually don't see him in the morning. He got away before I could load the gun.
Kathy suggested I make a scarecrow for the garden. I think I will have to do that.
Mom when did you get so funny? I made Leeman listen as I read your entries because I can truly tell how excited and fulfilling it must be for you to have a frog and a bunny to deal with in a week.
Grandma- I think I will get a water gun. I like that! Only now I am going to pull a Neal (fire in the hole) and someone else is gonna get it for that ladies rude behavior.
Ricky it certainly looks like you had a good time. And just for the record my contribution was the AARP card.
Nancy- that is so cool that you are such the fundraising guru. It sounds like such fun and gratifying work.
Jen- I can't wait to read your blog and see what you are up to. Also, I am thinking about teaching and would love to hear your thoughts!?
Post a Comment