Thursday, June 28, 2007

Run / Walk in Sept or Oct

This is in the very early stages, but Melissa and I wanted to plan a small weekend trip somewhere to run/ walk a 5k. Our idea was something motivating to get us / keep us working out. We figured if we committed to doing something for a cause, in another city, we would be motivated and excited to participate. Then my mom suggested we invite the whole family. I have narrowed down a few races I think could be fun. I thought since everyone may not be able to attend I picked some that have corresponding races in another city. This way everyone can participate, but we may be split into groups. Most of the races you can form a team and you raise money. Aunt Kathy pointed out Grandma would like to do something under Grandpa's name. Give me feedback. What cause, dates, or whatever works best. Also, I think it woud be fun if every 3-4 months we do something similar (physical and for a cause).

http://www.womensonlyrun.com/run/index.asp
http://stepout.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=4660
http://stepout.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=4650
http://heartwalk.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=211659
http://southpalmbeachheartwalk.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=222334


54 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in!!! Any excuse to get together. I would love to go to Charleston and participate in one of their races. (They seem to hold alot of them) And I'm all for inviting John so he can attend to our "Cosmo" needs. Any money I collect I'm all for donating it to dad's (grandpa's) favorite charity in his memory. Count me in!!

Mary Lesh said...

I'm in too. I hope the person planning knows how to measure the distance properly so instead of a 5k you do maybe a 3k, but no one knows. That would be awful, don't you all think?

Melissa said...

What kind of a moron would measure a race wrong?

Clearly I'm in. Jen- this is a good opportunity for you to try to join some of us. You might even be able to make it via car? Not sure how far Charleston is from you...

Jen said...

yeah that sounds like it could be a lot of fun. in order to participate in these things you have to work out and stuff prior to them correct? i've already started that so that's good. charleston is only like 4 1/2 hours away-my friend and i drove there over spring break for just a weekend & we had a blast. i loveeee charleston!!

Unknown said...

In order to donate money do we have to participate in the walk?? Can we do other things? I am not one for long exhausting walks. I mean don't get me wrong I would do it....actually count me in for measuring the distance b/c I am sure I would do a real real good job on that (wink wink). And mom if you are reading just keep in mind I might need you to "help" buy me a pair of sneakers b/c I do not have room in my budget for that.

Gma17 said...

All that sounds like so much fun..Dad would be so proud. Of course, I will take pictures or maybe hand out water. Oh that's right..John is doing cosmos. Is that healthy??..OK. Joey is at summer camp and would love to hear from everybody.He is in need of a lot of humor..He is away from his girl friend for 6 weeks and at his age..That's the pits...any way e-mail me for his address.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY JULY 4TH EVERYONE!!

Nancy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRITTANY, AND HAPPY JULY 4TH EVERYONE!!!!!! i went out to dinner with the american women group-had fun. I am going to see Rod Stewart this weekend. 8th row, yippee!!!

Nancy said...

i can't walk/run, but i'll sponser mom

Gma17 said...

Thanks Nancy...I'm gonna get "Fit" and you will be sorry..I'm gonna walk 10miles.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRITTANY...HOPE YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO GO ON THAT CRUISE!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brittany! We celebrated with a bunch of fireworks Gma brought over.
Count me in on the race...sounds like it would be fun. C'mon Brittany...you can do a 5k walk OR run. That isn't 5 miles...it is only 3 miles. ALL of us can do that!
What was Dad's favorite charity?

Anonymous said...

hey everyone...there is a contest by Sutter Home for the Best Hamburger. The grand prize is 50k and the runner up is 10k. You have to enter your best burger recipe to www.sutterhome.com
The top 10 will be flown out to CA along with their families. Flights and accomidations are taken care of. Get your ideas in and good luck to everyone!!

Nancy said...

I'll have to look, but I can tell you all, I found THE BEST, I mean THE BEST tomato soup recipe i've ever had in my life. I can't make it enough. the 3 of us LOVE it. If anyone wants to make fresh home made tomato soup instead of opening a can of campbells, this is so easy and SO worth it!!

Anonymous said...

Brittany, I am so sorry for not telling you HAPPY BIRTHDAY. i hope you had a great day. How did your party go last saturday?


Nancy I want your tomato soup recipe, put it on your BLOG.

Nancy said...

You are so sweet for reading my blog! I'll put it on there today....

Unknown said...

Nancy, please put the tomato soup recipe on the blog that is my FAVORITE. And no G-ma I did not have to go on the "ghetto-*%&$" cruise, I went to see Ryan. Much Better! And yes I will do the run I was just kidding, I actually run 2.5 miles every other day so I could def. do it.

Nancy said...

it's on my blog, go have a look. the only thing is, you need one of those handheld whizzer thingys. otherwise i guess you could use a blender or food processor but the hand held is the best. it is SO freaking good!

CHL said...

Nancy's soup is awesome! If it's the one you made while I was there. Is Joey still in camp? Is it to late to send mail to him there.

Also, Lori work on your greek accent. Have you seen my big fat greek wedding? If so, think "you no eat meat?! That's okay I make you lamb."
Your character in the movie is Ophelia from Greece.

Aunt Linda, mom, and G-ma work on your mean snooty face. And there will be a synchronized walk while snapping your fingers.

Mary Lesh said...

Christy, I've already got it down.

Brittany, sorry I missed your birthday. I was going to call and then I forgot, but I did think of you.

Lori said...

Oh my god...of all the accents...I don't do Greek with my friends...I will have to research for the part.
Brittany, you run that much...that is awesome. I think 1 mile for me right now would be terribly hard to run. I will HAVE to build up to 3 miles.
Are we all walking or running...or will there be different groups...some walking and some running...who's in...and where is everyone doing this?????

Nancy said...

Christy, you had leek and potato, not tomato, but thank you anyway-i like that soup too.
But one problem, I asked for the mean part in your movie. Am I not in it? Or do I have a much bigger part? That could be it. Because I can do more than just a snooty face, I can talk really mean, flip my hair mean, throw my arms in the air, scream, whatever you like. If you no like, I make better for you.

Lori said...

Nancy, I will try your soup....I love soup...
Linda made that cake yesterday with the strawberries, blue berries walnuts, coolwhip, etc....and it so good...she was nice enough to leave it at my house so I have been picking at it all day...instead of the oil in the batter she used butter...and it is so moist...I say she makes it in August for the movie set!!

Unknown said...

Yes Joey is still at camp my parents are going up this weekend again, they nixed the driving after they (including g-ma) spent some serious time in the car. Lori- I run the 2.5 on the elliptical which I think is easier but but but I do it on a level 4 or 5. I think when I am older I would totally invest in one of those. Back to the tomato soup there is this restaurant here that serves grilled cheese crouton in the tomato soup...ahhhh heaven!! Okay I need to leave work I have been here waaay too long

Melissa said...

Well I'm in on the race. I'll be running (if my work out plan sticks!), but I encourage people to walk too.

Christy- I didn't know you had parts down for the movie already. Is it written? Maybe you should post your screenplay. I'd like to help with any choreography if there's some dance/snap sequence. I'm pretty interpretive with my moves- you want angry dance? done. You want confusion-meets-hungry-with-a-splash-of-turmoil, I've got that too.

Brittany- I'm such an asshole for not calling you on your b-day. Don't worry though- you're in good company with all kinds of great people that I forgot to call on their b-day.

Nancy I hate tomato soup. It's not your fault, and I'm sure yours is really good (for tomato soup), but just so you know I think it's gross. If I come and visit you, you better not make that stupid soup.

Grandma- why don't you post Joey's email? Why do we have to email you to get it?

Okay, later kiddos!

Gma17 said...

Some one said I shouldn't post it because the whole world could see it. but I will if you all think I can..And Christy, you must be kidding if you think i could do a syncronized step. I am the most un coordinated person ever. I never could dance... Dad's favorite charity is "St. Judes" but I think Christy is planning a "heart" or "diabetis" thinky. That is fine... the trip to N.H. was fun except that we were 4 hours getting across the George Washington bridge.YUK!

CHL said...

Nancy, You are very wrong. We did have tomato soup and it was delicious. What I was questioning was if there was some newer/ better version since then. I was very impressed because I tend to like very "processed" tomatos and it was very fresh and tasty.

G-ma, no worries it is only a synchronized walk with snapping. Surely, you can walk and snap.

Melissa, I still have no screenplay, but I have created quite a few characters, with extensive backgrounds. I will definately need help with an outline.

As for this walk. If Grandpa had a favorite charity I am all for finding a St. Jude's charity 5k. I just didn't know he had establshed a favorite. I was just narrowing it down, but I will definately research a St. Jude's walk/run. I really hate running with a passion. I, too do the elliptical 3-4 times a week for 30-45 min, but I can't run. Maybe for a cause I can. Otherwise I say 2 groups.

CHL said...

In typical "Christy fashion" I think Leeman and I are going to move to Florida for 6-12 months. Of course, i could change my mind half way through this email, but for now that's the plan. Is this a Braun, Hussain, or Mary thing? I figure I should keep people posted because one day I will follow through and everyone would ask why I never mentioned it.

Nancy said...

ok, a few things.... 1st, I am laughing so hard at everyone's misspellings, but there's so many I can't write them all, so I'll just laugh. 2nd. grilled ches croutons! OMG! 3. "angry dance? done. You want confusion-meets-hungry-with-a-splash-of-turmoil"...I am still laughing!! Angry Dance??-HAHAHAHA! 4. Christy, you Have to be wrong. I'm SURE I made you leek and tomato, I'm sure of it. Anyway, if I made you tomato soup, it's was definetly bad, cuz this recipe is WAY better -AND- you are avoiding my question. you no want me in your stinking movie??!! Hah! I will be pissed off in the background, skulking around, giving the stink eye to your whole cast of characters! You'll see. what number am I up to? 5-6 Christy, what the heck are you talking about moving to FL for 6 months? how do people do that? have 2 houses? what for? what will you do? you should come here for 6 months. ok, gotta lotta things to do today..... (Hayle's been gone all week and comes home today!!)

Nancy said...

hahahahha! OMG! i did it too....ches and then i said i made leek and tomato, i meant potato....hahahha

endgame adventures said...

tomato and leak soup sounds pretty yucky...but the tomato soup sounds really good...and with grilled cheese croutons...heaven!
I think Dad wouldn't mind donating to any charity if we actually did run or walk a 5k. Although I hate running too...
I think the scene with Gma and Linda is going to be so funny...OMG...and Nancy and Melissa should have a dance off for angriest dance!
Christy...I change my mind ALL THE TIME! It must be a Braun thing...I mean ALL THE TIME...in fact I now think leak and tomato soup sounds good!

Barbara said...

Ok who is endgameadventures?

Unknown said...

G-ma: what do you mean the whole world will see his address? I have it so I will post it, or will I get in trouble?

Melissa said...

I want to know who Endgame Adventures is too! This is fun, like a little mystery...
- We know they're a Braun
- We know they change their mind often
- They like (or don't like) Tomato & Leek soup
- And I think they just challenged me to a dance-off- which means they like playing with fire....

Hmmm... who could it be....

Melissa said...

Oh and maybe you guys can post Joey's email address in code like:

Rhymes with Moey dot Mullivan at Zahoo dot mom

Then the whole world wouldn't have access to it- just us clever mystery-solving types...

Barbara said...

Brittany,
Could you send me yours, Jimmy's and Joey's email addresses. Go to my website link on the front page once at the website there is a contact me tab.
Thanks,
Aunt Barbara

I think why no one wants to put information on the web is that they think someone they don't want to get it will get it. Like who is "endgame adventures". I am sure it is a generational issue. I like sending ecards so if you can send me the email addresses I would appreciate it.

CHL said...

endgames is Rob, but my guess is Lori was writing under Rob's name. I guess I am the best mystery solver. Nancy, I really don't want to argue, but I do remember every meal I had there. And it was a new tomato soup recipe you were trying. I think maybe Pete's mom sent it? Could be making that part up.

Nancy - Of course, I want you in the movie and if you can see yourself doing an angry dance scene we can make that work.

As for moving: I said 6 mos to a year (you gotta give yourself an out just in case) it is fairly easy if you don't own a home you don't have to worry about having 2 homes. Plus, I need some change and adventure in my life and it would be nice to have some family around.

Barbara said...

I certainly hope that move includes the Leeman. lol

endgame adventures said...

I didn't realize it was such a mystery...but Christy was right on! I am sooo excited at even the thought that Christy and Leeman are moving down here.
Surf camp ended this week but we had a blast. The kids actually caught some waves...I have the pictures on snapfish. We are off to see Transformers...hope it is good.

Unknown said...

people are really on top of this blog stuff...so many posts everyday! Lori/Rob what is your snapfish link I want to see the pictures.
Barb: my e-mail is Brittanysulli@gmail.com, I have to get jimmy & joey's is bigjoesully@aol.com.

G-ma can I post joey's address on here or not? I want to go see him but I have work every weekend and as my mom would say I don't want to set myself on fire!

Nancy said...

christy, i asked hayle, and she said it was leek & potato, but when i told her what you said, she said, oh maybe it was tomato, so that is the real mystery. Anyway, Lori, you told me you sent me pictures, i did not get any, send again. brittany, is that a new address, i have a different one and have an important question for you. i will send it to the address i have now

Nancy said...

i thought joey didnt have access to a computer while in that camp.
christy, that sounds like fun, to be young and free....ahh the good old days. i remember when i was packing boxes to move to NC, I hadn't even put my condo up for sale. what was i thinking?? I was just leaving. luckily, liz came over and i talked her into living there for a coupla years.

Barbara said...

Thanks Brittany for the email addresses let me know when you get Jimmy's.

Jen said...

WOW, this blog is CRAZY. Does anyone do anything else with their life except for blogging on here? Haha, just kidding.

Ok so I'm updating myself into this blog.

1-I'm up for the 5k, sounds like fun and if we are still going to Charleston -even more fun bc it's beautiful there. As everyone else is, I'm trying to work myself into this big fitness challenge. The new gym I joined is so cool my dad won't even call it gym-he calls it "CLUB".

2-I'm coming to FLORIDA! Now, I'm not coming @ the right time probably BUTTTTT I'm coming nonetheless. Adam and I are planning to come August 12-16th. We are staying @ the Sheraton on Ft. Lauderdale Beach. What fun! This is our first big adventure airplane vacation:) I don't know who will be where at this time, but please please let me see someone. My cell is 919-656-5453 if anyone shall call me during those time frames.

3-i have tried to re-read the blog and I still don't get the video thing that you are making Christy. Summarize me a lil something something next time you blog. That's not asking too much is it HA?

4- Britt-I hope you had a great birthday, like Melissa I'm an ass for not remember it on the right day. I hope you had tons of fun and got good presents;) We all loveeee presents!

CHL said...

Everyone is really on top of the blog today. you know what that means everyone is wasting time (at home) or passing time (at work). Now that I want to move so soon work is my last priority. Every five minutes I call Leeman to see what he thinks our next "step" should be. I like things happening quickly because I don't have time to talk myself out of it

CHL said...

Also, have I mentioned I am getting pretty muscular arms. Not gross just some definition. Also, you have to look very closely, but it's happening.

Melissa said...

Christy is such a bragger:
I work out 3-5 days per week. My arms are toned. I'm capricious and care-free. I solve mysteries better than everyone. I KNOW it was tomato soup.

Bragger!

Gma17 said...

Joey has no computer at Camp so he will not get any e-mail until he gets home. The heck with it...He is at Wolfeboro Camp School, 93 Camp School Road P.O. Box 390 Wolfeboro, N.H. 03894-0390. Attn Joey S. And Christy I cannot snap my fingers(Well, maybe a little with my right hand ) Maybe I can find some clickers. Anybody got any? Can't wait to see you all.

Mary Lesh said...

Somebody post new so we don't have to scroll down so far. I cannot believe I missed out on so much in such a short time. It sucks for those of us who have to work and don't have time to play. I actually worked at work today. I am beat.

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at all the entries. I was at work and the BLOG is blocked by the company. Guess they want us to work on other issues.

I organized a storage shed and a truck today and Linsey has all her old boyfriends coming over to help me move out most of my furniture. I hope they all get along!!!

Gma17 said...

Good for you, Kathy and Good for Linsey. But let me clarify Dad's favorite charity is. He always said IF he had a lot of money the one thing he would donate to would be St. Jude's; but since he died of a heart attack, I am sure he would say donate to the Heart Fund too. And since he has two daughter's with diabetes; I am sure he would donate to that big time. Therefore go for any one of them..And Have Fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yea,
the snapfish thing is
http://www1.snapfish.com/home/t_=53287365


Hope everyone had a super lucky day! I forgot to get lottery tickets so...we didn't win...bummer

Nancy said...

I forgot to get my lottery tickets too, lucky thing my numbers didn't come in. Remember Gerry!? Anyway, we saw Rod Stewart last night. Our seats were in the 8th row!! Yippee!! I know he looked at me and waved to me a few times!! He is as hot as he ever was, and shaking his little booty, he is so cute. However, he is getting old. Although he doesn't look it, his fans do. I swear to god it was Ted Turner in front of me. And trying to dance, throwing his arms out all herky jerky like. ugh, but he had so much fun! When I looked around, there was so much grey and white hair, or bald, but Rod looks the same. He kept showing picture of him and his band and his family from the 70's. how different!
we also just bought tickets to see Gwen Stefani in sept. so i'll have to get a couple cd's while over there so i know more than 3 of her songs. cuz i'll be singing and dancing along with her too!

Anonymous said...

rod is not cute anymore...and you are nasty if you think he is...
Melissa - I was at a wedding last night and no expense was spared...but your wedding was WAY better.
Nancy, can't you download songs or albums from itunes?
I should get to cleaning...but I sooo don't want to...adios

Barbara said...

Lori,
I don't see any pictures of yours when I go to that link?