Tuesday, June 12, 2007

48 Hour Film Project



This weekend Leeman, his business partner, some friends, and I participated in the 48 hour film project. On Friday at 7pm we turned in a form and picked a genre out of a hat (Hoilday film), then we had till Sunday at 7pm to write, film, and edit a 4-6 minute movie. If you want to watch it click on the link http://youtube.com/watch?v=uzO0GevElBQ . Leeman made an extended version (because of the 6 minute limit we had to cut some scenes that were pretty funny). If you only watch one watch this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHWH6xf3NGk
Anyway we will be hanging out in Ft. Laud August 3rd and 4th and I thought it would be fun to film a short movie while there. Leeman and I drew a genre yesterday for the film and it is: Film de Femme (basically the lead will be a powerful women like Erin Brokovich). We plan on writing it prior to arriving so it won't take soo long to film. Let me know if you have any ideas or would like to be in the cast and/or crew.

10 comments:

Mary Lesh said...

I loved the film and I would love to be in the film we are going to make when we go to FL this summer. I may have to take the lead role, after all we need a STRONG woman.

bobo said...

The film was great...I watched it this morning. Me and the kids will definitely like to be a part of it. I would say Rob will be in to it as well...he's sleeping now so I can't confirm...but if I know Rob...he will participate.

Christy, cupcakes will be on my site soon. I have been meaning to get them done and pictured but just havent yet.

Brittany, Ive never seen shoes pictured quite that way. You did a fabulous job.

Barb - Thanks so much for the order! I will be baking them in the morning and sending them out shortly thereafter. I am working on the shipping prices and hope to get yours out for a speedy delivery

CHL said...

Britt - Nice cover! For now it is footwear covers and 6 min films, but down the road Vogue covers and Sundance film festivals.

Lori- Tell Rob I would be disappointed if he did not particiapte. I truly had him in mind when I thought of this.

Everyone else I will be accepting headshots for roles in the next film. I will probably hold some phone interviews and if it is a close call essays on why you are right for the role.

Anonymous said...

I feel so inferior compared to everyone. Designing magazine covers, making movies, opening new busnisses, and all I did today was brush my teeth.
Making the movie in Ft. Laud sounds like fun but I'm afraid that if I do get to go it will only be for the weekend and I won't be there long enough to visit and film, but I do expect to see a copy of it. Maybe I can think of something to do before hand just so I can get my name in the credits.

Gma17 said...

OMG! What clever grandchildren, I have. Thank God, because I always wondered where all my talent had gone. You are using it wisely. Loved the movie! Of course I will see you all in August and I will be the official "watcher". (Because I gave all my talent away). Fun fun fun!

Mary Lesh said...

Apparently Mom doesn't think she gave any of her talent to her own children. Either she thinks we are not talented, which is not true or she thinks we are much more talented than the genes she gave us, which means we got our talents from Dad.

Unknown said...

I have been brushing up on my acting skills in the mirror, so I am sure I will be in tip top shape when it comes to the movie in Florida...very exciting. I think I can only come for the weekend as well. Depending on where I am working but I am surely excited!! Chris I have to watch the movie when everyone goes into a meeting....so I am waiting with anticipation!!

Melissa said...

I love the extended version. And the voice-over for the mother? Amazing. I don't think I'm going to make it down (insert frowny face), so I'm not sure I'll be involved in the new movie, but I'd be happy to help with the writing...

bobo said...

Are there auditions for the lead? What are the supporting roles? What is the film about...not that it matters...it's a move after all...
I can accents really well...my friend and I pretend we are from different places all the time...its fun...so I can play a foreigner if you want.

HH3 said...

Hey there!!
Once again my computer fails me. Everytime I try to watch something, something wierd happens. (Could very well be me)But how hard should it be to just click. Anyway it seemed to have worked for everyone else so I can try to check it out next time I am over their house!! I would love to see it.
Lori, your website is awesome. :) I agree I can't wait for cupcakes, their my favorite and my mom loves biscotti. So I will be ordering soon!!! :) Have a good night!! :)