Saturday, February 03, 2007

Where the spirit of Africa comes alive...

I haven't posted in forever, so I figure I'd update everyone on what I'm doing. Currently I work at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge resort as a Front Desk Cashier, but I take my first class on Friday to become a Concierge cast member. The resort is fantastic and we just had some really exciting guest visit us, including the cast of Friends, a designer from Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, host of Trading Spaces and singer, Daniel Powter. It's nice to be back at Disney and it's a fun place to go to work everyday. Hopefully I'll being seeing some of you on future trips to Disney. It's a great time to come with the Year of a Million Dreams celebration. They just started giving away one night stays inside Cinderella's Castle. This company is just out of control. AND so are some of the guest. I'll have to post more often about how absolutely NUTS people can be. The stories will get very interesting b/c I'm at one of the most popular deluxe resorts (we're the newest and we're about to be under construction b/c of expansion) and people are very irrate about EVERYTHING.

Well I'm really excited because Bob Iger, the head of The Walt Disney Company will be in our resort on Thursday. It would be so fun to meet him. Doubt it will happen, but I digress.

Mom, I don't know how you're surviving with all this lazy time. I was going absolutely insance living in Orlando for 3 weeks and not working. I never left the apt. Everyone said "there is so much to do in Orlando, just go out." Well, you can't do anything here if you don't have money. Seriously, who comes to Orlando with no money? ME.
Gma - As soon as I'm on a regular schedule I'm coming to visit, YAY!

Hope everyone is doing well. Peace.

10 comments:

Barbara said...

Happy Birthday Bridget

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Bridget!! Hope you enjoyed the Super Bowl!!

Charlie, you're job sounds like SO much fun!! Good for you for liking what you do, Lucky! I want to come down there so bad! Soon, soon!

bobo said...

I guess it's true...at Disney Dreams Really do come true! Actually, I think it't great that you love your job...that is very important! You seem to have a great thing going on.
I wanted the BEARS to win...I always want the underdog to win.

Anyway, can anyone tell me 3 things that happen to someone when they are stressed and deprived of sleep?

Linda said...

Thanks Rick...Mom has shown signs of all of the above....However, it is not from Road Rage!!!

Nancy said...

Lori, get back on here and tell everyone why you are asking such a question! I haven't gone and researched like some people, but their answers do sound right, I guess. So tell us........

Nancy said...

Christy, I've tried to call you a couple times. I SOOOO Excited!! I hope you can come over!! I'm still working on the school, they take forever to get back to me!!!! But there is a 'disco'on Friday so maybe I can pin someone down.

Nancy said...

who's LC? I don't know if your mom saw them. I sent them to her though

bobo said...

Mom had me laughing so hard in church today...I swear I was crying and my shoulders were literally shaking. Just when I would get it all under control and wipe my face...I would totally lose it again.
During the 'give peace' time of mass...the woman in front of us held our her hand to mom at the same time I did...Mom got that look on her face like she couldn't decide who's hand to take first...so she crossed her arms and shook both our hand at the same time.
All I could picture is the time we were playing UNO or something like that when we lived on Carolina Ave. Mom meant to put her hands on her shoulders and got confused with another move..and ended up crossing her arms at the elbows and choking herself.
So in church it was all I kept picturing and I was laughing my butt off.
Anyway, thanks for all the research on the question. I have been stressing out about my OBGYN visit tomorrow morning...hoping all is well with the fibroids and cysts. I'm sure all will be just fine.

Nancy said...

ok, i'm laughing out loud, but I can't even picture what you are describing. And I am trying! Makes me laugh anyway. Thinking of mom choking herself! HAHAHAHA. And she probably kept looking at you in church like there was something wrong with you?!! Hello, she's the one choking herself!
PS, i put a new post on my blog if you want to check it out. i'm still trying to figure out the video thing

Barbara said...

Lori how did your doctors appointment go today?