Sunday, February 11, 2007

Mardi Gras







John and I just came back from Mardi Gras. Only collected 68 strands of beads. Kathy is going next weekend, let's see if she does better.
Warning to anyone who is going. Do not stand next to little kids. They make you feel guilty for snatching the beads before they can get their little hands on them. I pulled my hand back so many times because the little boy next to me wasn't catching them.
Another warning. Keep your eyes on those beads coming at you. I looked away once only to get smacked in the face by a handful. Of course they fell right on my camera so I got those. Nearly knocked my glasses off my face. It was a great time. Everyone should do it atleast once.

8 comments:

Mary Lesh said...

Mom,
You are never too old for Mardi Gras

Nancy said...

hold on! Where were you? For real in New Orleans? (That's where that is right??) I am laughing thinking of you getting hit in the face by beads, and nearly knocking off your glasses!! HaHaHaHaHa!! Is that a picture of the image of Anna Nicole? So so sad about her. I think that creep howard contributed to her death because he allowed it to happen. Anyway, where the heck is everyone?? I read Kathy's last post and she went to a PJ party?? What is that!!?? Something new in GA?

Nancy said...

leeman, bring the ingredients with you! I MUST HAVE!!!! excpet don't bring dairy or meat. probably no meat in your dessert though.

Mary Lesh said...

Kathy, Leeman's topping was home made beer ice cream. It melted because it was out so long.

Melissa said...

I'm not one to make a scandalous accusation, but does anyone else think it's slightly coincidental that Leeman won the baking contest at Christy's bar? I mean c'mon? Actually, it was quite tasty so I'm not so outraged. The real upset was that mom's wonderful coffee cake didn't win. I was pretty disappointed in mine, but next year I'm bringing it!

It's been forever since I've been on. I thought the website changed and I slacked off because I thought I had to get new passwords, etc.

Well, I'm not sure about anyone else, but I want to see some stuff about Little B's Bakery. Show us the logo, a picture of the aprons, a sampling of your menu, etc! I've been very excited for Lori, and I want details!
Details!
Details!
Details!
Details!

Nancy said...

ok, I do not even know what you are talking about??? What Bakery??!! I've heard there are aprons, but have heard nothing about a bakery? I want details too!

Melissa said...

Lori has started her own baking company called Lil B's Bakery. She's selling cookies and biscotti, and other baked goodies. And aprons. And she already has a weekly standing order.

At least that's what I was told...

Nancy said...

oh, surely you jest!? Like we believe you didn't already eat! hahahahahahaha. I know I would have. If someone started cooking me dinner at 11 (and I did go back to read the 'pm' in your sentence!) I would have thought they were insane! But it was a nice gesture. It is 1pm and I just finished putting together our dinner. I wanted it to come out really good, but I seriously have my doubts. remember that eggplant parm I told everyone was the best (well it is, but Pete normally cooks it) so I thought i'd give it a try. Tonight I am going to see Music & Lyrics with hugh grant (YUM!) and drew barrymore (cute!) Hayle and I went to see the school perform My Fair Lady last night. It was really good, really talented kids!! Although now I believe the school needs a theatre. so, the paretns association needs alot of fundraising to do! Ok, gotto run, see you. Oh yea, we are leaving for the canary islands on Monday for a week.