Friday, November 10, 2006

You've got to try this!


Christy told me about these Asian Lettuce Wraps and I had to try them. Here is a link to the recipe http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Asian-Lettuce-Wraps-2/Detail.aspx
This has to be one of the best low fat, low cal meals ever. I did not use ground beef. I used left over chicken and shredded it, then threw it in the sauce just before serving to heat up. Out of this world. I also shredded carrots, green and red peppers and cucumbers to put on it. MMM good.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great. But on a more serious note, how is 22 grams of fat and 22 carbs, LOW ANYTHING? On weight watchers, that's 9 points out of the 24 I'm allowed!!

Nancy said...

I'm going to try it too. Christy and Melissa, I also need help with a mexican rice recipe. If I were there, I'd just use the mexican flavored rice-a-roni (love that!) But I can't find a good one anywhere. Do you guys know one?
We made curry tonight, came out VERY good! If anyone want the best, most best recipe in the whole worle I will post it. It is called Melanzane Alla Parmigiana. Simply put, eggplant parm. But I am telling you, it's the best meal I've EVER had! It's got alot of steps, but SO worth it. Especially for me, because Pete makes it.

Nancy said...

http://food.itv.com/cooks/main.php?section=recipes_list
click on recipe 'Gino serves Melanzane Alla Parmigiana'

Mary Lesh said...

I did not make mine with ground beef. Chicken is definately lower fat and carbs. I still think it is a great diet meal.

Mary Lesh said...

I agree Mom, I can't figure out where all the fat comes from unless it is in the beef. They must not know Rita's secret. I would like to know where the carbs are too. I don't think the carbs are the kind you have to worry about. There is no starch at all. It is good, and I am sure it is not as crazy high in fat and carbs as they say.

Anonymous said...

I can't figure out where the carbs come from either. And Mom is right, they must use the worst/fattiest hamburger around. I thought maybe the hoison sauce was full of sugar, but I checked at the store today and it wasn't. I actually think their nutritional information is wrong...Could it be??? Anyway, I think I will try the recipe this week and tr to figure the points separately. If it's good, I'm sure I will give it low points...We need for Barb to post her Pumpkin Cheese cake recipe on the blog. From what I hear, it's awesome and it's non- bake....I'm trying it for Thanksgiving. Of course I'm taking out the fat and sugar!! NOw I gotta call Lori for her Pumpking Biscotti recipe. I did try them, and of course they were great!!

bobo said...

Kathy and Linda - the recipe for the pumpkin pie biscotti's is on my blog.
I had also melted chocolate and dipped the ends of the biscotti and that was pretty good too.

Mary Lesh said...

I didn't get any email's from Mimi. Forward them to me. Mom, tell Mimi to log on to www.thebraunfamily.blogspot.com
She can comment all she wants.

Nancy said...

Hey Everyone, well we went to the London Food show on Sunday and it was really great! We walked around sampling some cheese and chocolates, bought a few things, watched a famous chef do a cooking demonstration, and then went to dinner at the Savoy! Very Posh! Hayle was the only child in the restaurant and the maitre'd gave her a tour of the kitchen and gave her a box of chocolates to take home. of course that's good for me, because she doesn't like chocolate!! ;-)) Although today I'm a bit depressed because my cardiff castle fundraiser had to be cancelled due to lack of tickets sold. Ugh. What else is going on this week? hmm, not to much. Pete's mom is moving into her new house on Wednesday. Oh Linda, if you want some good recipes for dieting, you must get the 'Better Homes and Gardens New Dieter's Cookbook'http://www.bhg.com/bhg/store/product.jhtml?catid=cat120006&prodid=prod1520023
I've made several disshes from it, and have never been disappointed! My favourite is the sweet & spicey chili. Delish!!!