Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Beach Near Us



I tried to learn some new things with my camera yesterday. I learned how to take black and white photos, and rapid fire pictures (whatever that's called, where you take take many really fast) and I also edited this one. Cool. We drove about an hour yesterday to the 'Gower'. Hung out, had lunch, fell asleep. But it still felt a little cold if the clouds came out. aah, nice day.

21 comments:

Mary Lesh said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture!! Hayle is so pretty.... We are preparing for the Big Tropical Storm.. I had to get up at 6 AM to go get gas. The lines were too long yesterday..This morning wasn't too bad..about 15 minutes waiting..I'm decideing whether to get ice. I know if I get it, I won't need it so maybe it would be wise to get it and some diet coke too Let you know tomorrow how we made out..

Anonymous said...

Fair well in the storm my Floridian family!

THe picture is lovely!

I'm sorry I'm so bad about checking the blog. I still love you all. I actually need you all to say a prayer for me. I have a second interview for a new job that I'm SUPA excited about. It's event marketing for Cingular's Hispanic market. That means lots of soccer (you know- Futbol) and travel. Plus I'll get to exercise my Spanglish. The markets I'd be in charge of would be San Francisco, Northern California, Phoenix, Albuquerque (sp?), Denver, NYC, Dallas, Houston, Austin & Atlanta!!! Fun, huh?

I thought it was odd that Miami wasn't mentioned because it'd be nice to see ya'll down there on some of my business travels... but I'll take what I can get.

So say a prayer that I get the job- my current one sucks a bit. ANd I'm ready for my life to be thrown a curveball.

Barbara said...

Well it looks like Ernesto gave us quite a show last night. We had a huge thunder storm. How did you all make out in Florida?

Anonymous said...

It barely rained. The most wind I felt was when I was taking the stairs out of the parking garage this morning and turned from level two to start level three, and I think I turned pretty quick and felt a little breeze. Still no gas though, alot of stations still closed. Don't know where the gas is that Jeb told us was here.....Jack ass!!! And the media hogs this morning were showing us last years Wilma to remind us of what could have happened...

bobo said...

the sky has been beautiful the last two days...Ernesto just brought some nice heavy breezes. But I'm not complaining...hopefully we are done for the season...although September is the strongest month! Oh well, I'm already bored...nothin to do...
Nancy, I want that digital...and before my trip next summer!

Nancy said...

I'll let you borrow it. unless you want to buy it off me. Maybe then I can convince Pete to get me what Mary & BB have. He says I don't need one, that mine is fine. But if I sell you mine and I don't have one, then I guess I'll need one!

Anonymous said...

How cool, are you going to the wedding? I remember the story, along with the story about her parents leaving her sister at a gas station while on a trip!!! And the big fat underwear!!! Can't wait for next weekend..

Anonymous said...

And by the way, the gas stations that ran out of gas are still closed. And amazingly enough, they were the ones selling gas at $2.79 per gallon. However, I had to pay $2.95 per gallon and they still have gas and never ran out...Go Figure..

Nancy said...

I'm very excited. I hope it fits me, and looks good on me. What color shoes should I go with? I'll need to look on Nordstrom.com and buy some!!!

Mary Lesh said...

Vera as in Vera Wang

Nancy said...

It was on SALE!

Anonymous said...

OH brittany, I think you have to move to Florida if you are freezing at 60 degrees..What will you do when it is 0 and snowing? Come on down!!!!Can't wait to see you all next week

bobo said...

oh man..today was so friggin muggy and about 90 degrees...YUK! The cool breezes of Ernesto are long gone.
Am looking forward to the weekend...even though I was borred the last two days we had off because of the storm. Nuttin much more to report...talk to y'all later.

Nancy said...

Well, we are in the 60's here, and later in the week, we'll be in the 50's. Summer is long since over. It's cloudy and surely gonna rain today. Pete flew to Leeds today for some golf tournament. He'll be home tomorrow. Hayle and I are gonna go to a mall tomorrow in Bristol. It's about an hour away. Hayle's school begins next Thursday and we need a new uniform skirt for her. Hayle's making up her christmas wish list. I am too. Nothing new here either.

bobo said...

christy I was looking at Americasmart.com (the big mart there in atlanta) and there are several venders that are hiring reps. There are some that involve travel in the SouthEast...and the product lines look interesting. It might be worth a look. Anyway, what kind of job are you looking for?

Nancy said...

OMG! That is SO funny about Joey's discovery!! How come I never heard of that? What is the deal with the yachts and Elton, fashion, and schmoozing?? I am SO missing out! I will just go to London. Or Paris, or Rome. I will meet famous people and buy things. Clothes. Or furs and Jimmy Choo's. (does he make a size 12?)

Mary Lesh said...

Thank god I don't have a clue what you all are talking about or I would be jealous.

Anonymous said...

ditto Mary!! See you Thursday and I will splurge and buy you your favorite "wine".. I know it will be hard to spend that kind of money but you are well worth it..Love you all

Nancy said...

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!! You guys will be having ALL this fun together and I won't so I will do what I have to do! I know Mary drinks her 'special' wine, but I'm not that picky, I'll take what I can get. Just think Mom, Soon we will have gluewein in Germany, so HAH!

Nancy said...

BRITTANY,

Read your email!!