
That was Hank's only word to describe his eight laps at Daytona!! He now has a new found respect for those drivers. He actually felt light headed in the first turn of the first lap from the G-forces. It says it looks like there is only room for one car going into the the turns, but we all know they go three and four abreast. He also thought he was to close to his instructor, but the pictures say it all. Oh, and so does the flagman who was waving the flag and telling him to pick up the speed. That was only his first lap, then he stood on it and went as fast as they would allow him to go. He averaged 145!! He thought he was going faster, but you are not allowed to pass your instructor. He wants to do it again when Carl gets home. I'm thinking Carl, Brian and Hank can do it for their Birthday, since they all have Birthday's at the end of the year. Oh, and I got o be a drivers wife for about four hours!! Although no one asked us for our autographs.. I was a little disappointed.
However, the night before we had dinner with Monique. She brought some old photo albums, and all I can say is WOW!! I can't believe we ever looked like that. I had some ridiculous long hair that I was wearing in pigtails (like Suzanne Summers) and I had that same hair in several pictures. What was that!! Anyway, Monique looks the same.
Love you all
5 comments:
Well I think Hank definitely looks the part. Did he have an unusual need for speed on the drive home?
Let's remember to pray for the families who have lost their loved ones serving and protecting our freedom. THANKS to Carl and Tony and all the men and women who are still serving. God Bless them all.
Is that a Chevy he is driving???
No smart ass, it's a DODGE!! They have the cars set up according to size. The Ford Fusion was set up for FAT PEOPLE!! And by the picture you could not have been able to tell what it was..That was a good guess on your part..
I saw the pictures and the whole experience looks extremely INTENSE but I still have to ask... are you sure Hank had a good time? Where's the smiles? He's soooo serious. On the other hand, tears would have been rolling down my face from shear fright. Why didn't you do it Linda? Are you going to do it when the boys do it again?
Hank actually asked me if I wanted to do the drive along. That's where you ride with the driver. Those cars go much faster, but I was to cheap to do it. It was $139 for 3 laps. However, after the fact, I wish I had. Hank doesn't think I would be able to handle driving, but I think I could. I'm still thinking about it. I still have at least 6 months. I figure if I can hijack an airplane I can certainly handle a fast car. I've had so many tickets, I cannot go to driving school anymore.
Post a Comment