Friday, July 05, 2013

Change Brings Attention


I've noticed anytime there is a change in the photo, there are more comments. I guess I'll start uploading photos here instead of Flickr. Maybe more of the family will join in.

17 comments:

nancy said...

huh, it seems no one wants to comment. I will. Right now, Linda, Mom, Kathy, Lori, Kelly, me and Hayle are all sitting here sewing and eating. well, now kathy went outside to sit in the sun. Hayle went outside but now came in. Linda's helping and teaching the girls and showing us all her gadgets!!

Mary Lesh said...

It's our blog, Nancy. Thank you for letting me know what yo all are doing. John and I just got back from visiting Janina in NC. She is engaged to a great guy with two kids--really good. We had a great time on the beach fishing and just relaxing. Now we are just wasting the day away.

nancy said...

well, I was up at 6:30 today, had coffee and started painting. it took me over 3 hours to do what a painter would do in 30 minutes. It sucks! Then I called the a/c guy, but got voice mail. then got bad news from the seawall construction guy. Nightmare!!! Associations suck too!! Or rather, the City of Lighthouse Point and their rules!!

Mary Lesh said...

What are you painting? What is up from the seawall guy?

nancy said...

touch up work from the guys who fixed the ceiling inside where we had roof problems. and they made the BIGGEST mess!!
The seawall, I can;t even explain it because I'm ignorant about it, but it is delayed because the city is being extremely difficult and wants money for everything!!

BUT!!! Last night, I believe Dad came for a visit again!! July 10th, what's that??? Anyway, the alarm went off at 3:30am! I race out to shut it off. My eyes are so bad and blurry I could not see what it said! But I thought it said front door. I shut it off, look all around. I'm confused because WHY did NO ONE else wake ?!?!!? Gerry in his room, Hayle, Kelly, Zac and Gavin in her room, and Johnny on the couch! All sleeping! No call from ADT. So I call them. She explained that if I shut off the alarm, it doesn't go to the police, I have to let them get the signal after 30-45 seconds. Ok. I read her the code from the keypad. 22 and 29. Glass break in the dining room. Glass break in the front living room. There's NOTHING! Now there was a bad, bad storm, but only heavy rain. No thunder or lightning. So I replayed the cameras to make sure there wasn't anyone lurking around. As I got to nearly 3:28 am, the cameras jumped back to 9pm where it wasn't even raining yet. Then it started again at like 3:32 or so. happened twice. then i played it agin but not fast forward, I slowed it down, but instead of jumping to 9pm, the cameras stuck then went forward skipping over a couple minutes!!
I put the alarm back on, and was able to fall back asleep. I don't know how, but Hayle did move into my room!

Linda said...

Wow! I don't know what else to say!!

Mary Lesh said...

OMG! A little freaky but how cool to have Dad staying with you!

Bridget said...

Come on Dad! I'm waiting!

Gma17 said...

Nancy, Fantastic!....Mine was not so detailed but I just know he's around and is missing all this fun we are having and a lot of family get-togethers...My visit was just a preview , you all better be on the lookout! He' around

Gma17 said...

Think I used enough "ands"..LOL

Mary Lesh said...

I was playing this morning and took these shots of myself. I thought they came out pretty good for self portraits.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marylesh/sets/72157634609424899/

Gma17 said...

OMG MaryEllen, they are beautiful.. Can't wait to see you!!

Mary Lesh said...

Golly, where is everyone?

Gma17 said...

I,m at Nancy's.Just finished supper and now am getting ready for movies...It rained so much today..Kelly and hayle made sandwiches for the homeless tonight... And we helped! We put them in the bags and will deliver them tomorrow to the church...Other than that, nothing else is new..Except for baby Gunner...And soon Baby G, I hope!!!!

Mary Lesh said...

I am starting to purge so I can put my house on the market. I should have started this a year ago. Now I want to get it done in a month. We'll see.

Barbara said...

You can do anything you put your mind to.

Mary Lesh said...

I know I can do this but apparently I don't have a mind for it. I am so easily distracted.
It's funny, we bought this house knowing we were not going to stay. This has always been the plan--but I do love my house and love this neighborhood. Now it is sad to think of leaving but, at the same time it is very exciting to be moving on to our final goal.
I got very little done my first day of purging. Anyone want a couple of years of Bon Appetit? Those are really hard to throw away--their cover is so mouth watering! I usually spend half a day going through them looking for something to make and by the time I am done I decide I don't have enough time.