Sunday, May 05, 2013

We're bored....

34 comments:

Mary Lesh said...

Wow, that is bored! What else can you do?
I will say I like taking pictures when I am bored but, not usually of me.
We planted 3 trees on the property today. We are just eager to do something--anything. I was looking on craigslist today for farm tractors and I found some silky fainting goats for sale. They are adorable. I think I will buy some. We need to get the back of the property fenced in so I can go get me some animals. I am so excited. I think we will be starting the barn in a few weeks. We are building the barn first so John will have a place to store all his tools and work out of while we are building.

nancy said...

you can't have animals living there when you're not surely??? They would be lonely. But it all sounds very exciting!!

Mary Lesh said...

We are not going to get the animals until we can stay there. We are going to build an apartment over the barn so we can stay while we build the house. So I may get to get some animals soon. We should be able to leave the animals for a night just in case we don't go to the new place. But we both just want to be on our property. It is so quiet and peaceful there.
I told John I was going to take the goats for a walk on a leash because there is a goat up the street. I thought they could be friends. I haven't seen any Alpacas down there so I won't have to put them on a leash.

ricky b said...

Mary, That all sounds like fun. How far is your property from where you work and/or your house now?

Mary Lesh said...

Rick it is about 45 minutes from the house now. It will be just as far to work as my home. For John it will be another 30 minutes. So it will take him about an hour and a half.

nancy said...

Hayle's big Biology exam is Tuesday. She's been studying like crazy! So, I met her in town to take her to lunch and go to Apple because her phone's messed up. Just as she got up to walk out of restaurant, she spilled a bottle of water on her lap!! I laughed, and she's freaking out, no, no, no, I'm not getting up! I said take my jacket and hold it in front of you. Then she showed me the back. It was BAD! So I laughed even harder. She sat back down begging me to go buy her some pants. I laughed all the way there, and found a cheap pair of leggings. I took a picture from behind. I think she'll think it's funny in about an hour.

Mary Lesh said...

Hayle should be happy she got a free pair of cheap pants out of that. Just a little embarrassment. That's a small price to pay. Tell her you would have gotten a more expensive pair of pants had it been more embarrassing. That's just how it works.

I have to work this weekend. I wish we had that big contract worked out so I did not have to go in anymore. I swear the head of New Homes took it out of our hands because she wanted to "protect" our commission. Well she is where we left off 3 weeks ago because she has no idea what she is doing. I sent pricing to her 3 weeks ago and yesterday she asked me to price things out. I asked if she meant like I did 3 weeks ago? Every time I ask her a question she doesn't seem to know what I am talking about. ARGGGHHH! It is so frustrating. Now that I have done my job twice maybe we can get this tied up.

Mary Lesh said...

Happy Mother's Day!!

Mary Lesh said...

Who all is going to Jennifer's baby shower?
Come on people--where is everyone?

nancy said...

Crap, I wish I could, but here I am!!! Well, I don't know anything about it?? No invite.

ricky b said...

Cherie is going, I'm sure...

nancy said...

Well SHUT MY MOUTH!! I got my invite today!!!! I am sick and tired of missing all this fun girl stuff!! I want to come home!! Ok, I'm just spouting off. I'm fine! But I do miss this stuff!

nancy said...

hey, does anyone who is not going to the shower want to go in on a registry gift together??

Mary Lesh said...

Well, it looks like I am not a multi-millionaire today. I'm a little disappointed. I had so many plans--and a lot of things to buy. Not to mention I wanted to retire. I guess I'll keep on as usual. I really don't mind working still--it's the spending I was looking forward to. Oh well. Maybe next time.

nancy said...

me too. Kathy picked up a couple tickets for me. I saw a funny thing on Facebook, where a girl said, I guess I can't call in rich on Monday. Hahaha!!

So, I played lotto over here again, but I NEVER win, but I'll try again.....

Mary Lesh said...

I just realized, Nancy this looks like a conversation between you and me. Rick tossed in a couple comments otherwise it has just been you and me on this blog.
WHERE IS EVERYONE?

nancy said...

I know Mary, is everyone else bored with us? Where's mom?!?!? Kathy?? Bridget?? Linda and Barb??

Well, I'll tell you what. I'm getting REALLY excited about my birthday party!! Pete is the best husband ever! He's planning a great party! I hope you're coming! We just found a good caterer and he's planning a brunch for the next morning, but that will be at everyone own expense. The hotel was charging too much, so we found the restaurant next door. It's on the beach and outside. Yippee!!! He'll update through the evite as soon as he has everything tied down. Fun, fun, fun!!

Hayle has an exam today. Then she's off all next week. But she'll be studying for the last of all her exams, so we've got no plans.

Mary Lesh said...

I'm so glad those school days are over. Of course they have been over for 10 years already for me. I don't miss them. I always hated having to get up so early. Now I get up even earlier--but because I want to. There is a big difference. I guess I was always a morning person I just didn't want someone else to tell me I had to be a morning person.
Update on the "big" sale. Looks like the builders are having trouble getting the banks to finance so many houses for one buyer so, we are going to do one sale for 45 homes and then we have to sell the others to "regular" buyers. We have been busy so that is good. We have 5 under contract and we wrote 2 yesterday. We have a contract coming in today, tomorrow and Saturday and then one next week. I think they are going to go really fast so we should not have a problem. We will have to sit at the subdivision though. That part sucks because we liked the idea of selling all 115 homes at one time and then just sitting back and collecting money for a few months. Of course we were still going to work just not sitting in a subdivision. We are so busy we are doubling up to get these contracts written. Yesterday I had 8 people in line in the sales office while I was going over the contract with the first buyer. He started telling me a story and I said, "I don't have time, keep signing."
As people come in we just tell them to "take a number."

Gma17 said...

OK!! Mary, good for you! Hope everything goes well, and there are some things worse that working; one being "not working"..Today i took kelly to the dentist to have three teeth pulled. It went very well and she is now taking a nap. I hope she is feeling as good when she wakes. Bridget is coming over today for a little while.I love company...sometimes the day seems like like it is forever...Plus I am trying to lose weight and that is no fun..have started to sew ; made a bag and made a few mistakes, got mad and quit; then decided to finish this very simple bag and it looks ok..So now that I know what i did wrong the next one will be easier..Then I will fil them with little things and donate them to the hospital for kids...And that is the way it is!

Mary Lesh said...

Good for you Mom. Hey, does your machine do the embroidery stuff like Linda's? I want to take a picture of our camper and have one of you embroider it onto these pillow covers that I bought. I thought that would be cute for the bench seats.

Gma17 said...

That would be a job for Linda..My machine will embroidery but
I need a few hours of instruction....Linda shoed me how to do it once and I did fine, but I forget already..I have to write it down..But that is a great idea''

nancy said...

I'm thinking about bringing that old Singer sewing machine back over as a carry on. I have to check weight and dimensions. It's the oldest machine but does work. Hayle wants a summer dress, so we'll have to go look at patterns while there.

Mary Lesh said...

I need to start sewing again. Ya'll are making me jealous. I waste so much time playing stupid ass games on the computer. I could be so much more productive if I would just shut this off for a while.

nancy said...

me too!!!

Mary Lesh said...

John has finally finished the camper!! We are going on a camping trip somewhere near Boone NC. We are meeting up with about 10 other campers with Scotty campers. It's a "Scotty" Round Up. We are so excited.

Oh, new up date on the "big" deal. The builder is going to sell 45 of the homes to the investors and we are going to sell the others to "regular" people. We are supposed to close 22 homes in September and then the next 23 in December. By December we should have most of the others sold as well. At least 3/4 of them.

Gma17 said...

nancy, don't bring a machine over..You can use mine. It is a great machine...Can't wait til you get here!! yea!

nancy said...

Me too Mom!!! We have to do a lot of fun stuff!! But all I can think about is what food I can eat, I need to think healthy!! Fruit and veg!! And occasionally be bad. Being there for so long, I could gain 20 lbs!! Will have to see when that mango tree by the house is in bloom! Hayle and I will eat them ALL!!!

nancy said...

we went to a 'Bollywood' fundraiser Sunday night. A dinner at an Indian restaurant. So, Pete had put his jacket on a chair because he wanted first choice of seat at our designated table (back to the wall, facing out) I was planning on sitting next to him. Instead, this guy said let's sit boy-girl-boy-girl, and moved me down. so I sat between this guy and another guy I didn't know. Across from me were 2 guys. And the one who suggested this seating arrangement sat next to Pete. ??? whatever. ALL I heard was cars, cycling, cross fit, football, FRICK!! Could I just sit by the girls at this table?!?!? And when the guy next to me tried to have a conversation with me, he bored me to tears with how his wires family is Italian, and her mother cam from this little hamlet in so and so village, and the father came from wherever, and the grandfather came from....!! Seriously?!?! Some British people love to talk culture and history and crap that bores me to no end!!! It was longest worst night ever!!!! Of course then he told me how the French are the best people ever. I told him I din't like him anymore. I kept saying 'really'?? Because I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or for real. He was for real I guess.

nancy said...

wife, not wire

Mary Lesh said...

I hate when people want to choose the seating for me. Why can't I decide who I want to sit next to??? I am an adult and I can decide what I want. At least if I don't have a good time it is my fault not someone else's. Jerk.

nancy said...

yea! I mean, I'm almost 50, I think I know who I will like to sit by! You're not my Dad and you're not my teacher or my boss!! Jerk!

Linda said...

Well, I guess when Rick picks us up from the airport, I will sit who I want to sit by; the same for Jen's shower. The better not even try to tell me where to sit, or who's gonna sit next to me. I'll tell them, I'm soon to be 59 and I can make my own decisions!! And that's that!! Don't mess with the Braun’s. Hah. We'll show them. I'm so surprised at you Nancy for not speaking up. I would've never thought of you as shy.

nancy said...

I am though! But it won't happen again!

nancy said...

Pete's in Geneva this weekend! He left this morning as a 'customer' of someone, so it's ALL fun for him! I am SO jealous!! I've never been there! He's going to have to take me there now! Next year!