So, Pete's on his way to FL for a week. Hayle and I will stay home, have a few arguments, and probably go shopping once or twice. Mostly, she is 'revising' for exams. She's got a LOT coming up between now and mid June. So, yesterday Pete and I talked about how, when, if, and what we were going to do about flights. In the end, Hayle and I will be coming over June 18th. We're going to stay til maybe August 5th. Pete will fly over around 20th of July?? We have to book his. Hayle and I are VERY excited! Since it's STILL crap weather over here and freezing!! The heat is on, jackets, gloves, and the ever present Uggs!! SICK of it!! We'll fly to NC for about 4 days to look at a couple colleges there, and she'll look at FAU in FL. As hard as school is for her, we need a head start, and plus, she's excited about the thought of moving back. Me too, but it'll still be a while for us. I'm SUPER excited about my birthday!! Pete's planning EVERYTHING!!! I hope you'll all come by Friday. (As Jimmy said, he does believe it will start on Friday!) He's trying to rent a pontoon boat for that day!! Yippee!!! Maybe I'll wear my cowboy boots with my bathing suit! Hah!!! Just kidding! But I will wear that straw cowboy hat. Wait, do I still have that?? I ay have to go buy one. Let's ALL get one!! Yeah!!!
Well it has been a busy week for me. Actually it has been a busy year. Since the end of January I have gone to NYC, FL-2 times, SC-2 times, Mississippi-Obviously I don't know the abbreviation, I had Caroline and Hunter for a week, Jen was here for a day before our camping trip ad 2 days after and Mom was here a week. Poor Mom came as I was moving my real estate license from one company to another and all hell seemed to break loose. I had no plans that week and 3 past clients called to list homes, 2 or 3 buyers decided to look for homes, I was in the process of binding my contract--John and I just bought 5 acres in Carrollton, GA and I am starting a new subdivision. Mom and I did not get to do much. We did get to visit Barb and Gerry for dinner--it just didn't last long enough. Oh, now I remember why we couldn't stay longer--John had totaled his truck and we were down to one car. So I had to get home so John could use the van. Then we did visit Christy and Leeman, Melissa and Mike and Finn. I am so excited to just get up and go to work. Mom, this week would have been a great time for you to visit. It has been relatively quiet.
It has quieted down some but now I have a new venture. Hopefully we will be closing on our property real soon and I am trying to come up with color schemes. I really wanted a red house--out in the country. I have been looking at red houses and love them but I got to thinking that the color will fade so much more on a dark color so now I am thinking much lighter colors. Melissa and I drove around today looking at different color schemes and there is one that I just love. Hmmm, how do I get that to show up on here. Oh, I will facebook it to you all. It actually looks almost beachy but I think it will be great. Wait until you see the plan of our house. I am so excited. I am even trying to plan my yard--5 acres of it. John thinks it is all going to be his but I have news for him. He said he was going to build me a small barn for my Alpaca. That will be my red. This is so exciting. Hey do you all pinterest? I know my kids do, Lori and Barb do and I think Nancy does--I can do a private board and invite you all. Let me know who wants to be included and I will put you on the list.
I'm here, but sometimes I come here less because no one else does. well, you me and mom. So let's see. Today's been rainy and cold, but I met Hayle in town and we went to the Cosy Club for lunch. I had a burger but it was crappy. Bought Hayle some pretty shoes for a party she's going to next week. Pete went to a football match. Tonight Hayle's babysitting. Pete and I will sit and watch a bunch of crap we DVR'd. So exciting. But next week, we have to housewarming parties to go to, yay!
what else? We're counting the days til June 18th!!
Oh, and I'm excited to be getting the seawall fixed!! It's going to be real soon! Permits and contracts in the works! Mom and Kathy should go over to document it for us!!!!
Well, I have been so busy at work. We are supposed to close on our property Monday but now the sellers attorney is arguing that my attorney can't close us without an amendment. I had it in the contract that I would have my own attorney but I am dealing with a bank foreclosure and somehow they are never wrong. Anyway, the amendment has been written and signed by me and John but the seller has not signed it. It is so stupid because we each pay our own attorney so it really should not matter. All we should have to do is send the HUD to the bank's attorney--which we did-- they approve it and seller signs, then we go to my attorney and sign and the deal is done. But they love to be difficult so it will probably delay closing a day or two. Banks suck. Oh well, it's not like we are moving into something. I just want to have a picnic on the property. I just started a subdivision with 100 lots and I have an agent with an investor buyer who wants to buy all the homes. So we have started with writing contracts on the first 8 homes the builder has started. Then once we get these signed we'll have the builder start 8 or 10 more and write those. We should be really busy for a few months but then we'll be done. Fastest I have ever sold 100 homes. Even during the hay day it took more than a year. Although I did have one subdivision that we sold 15 homes a month. But we didn't have 100 lots. We'll see how serious these investors are once we really get started. Busy, busy, busy!
It's crazy good if it all happens like we think it will. I never trust investors. But I do know this agent and apparently he has worked with them for a while. He said they just bought 350 homes in another subdivision and came into town to buy foreclosures. They had a brief case with $60 million dollars in cashiers checks and bought $36 million in homes on the court house steps. Where the hell does this money come from?
On the road again. Headed back home from NYC. We had a great time. Well Gerry and I had a great time, Angie not so much. She is more of a country girl then a city one. To much noise and total sensory overload. But she definitely enjoyed seeing her daddy. Charlie has a group of close friends (Charlie, Ty, Laura & Vanessa) that try to get together each week and cook dinner together, have a few cocktails, play some games and enjoy each others company. And that is how we started off our week. What a fun time. We went to the Katie Show, a Yankee game, and went to Lombardi's for an incredible Margarita Pizza. Occasionally, Charlie and his friends go to brunch at Meades. They have this special where you get and entree and all you can drink mimosa, margaritas, or screw drivers. They eat and play games. I never understood how brunch could last 4 hours, but now I do. Another fun-time we got to share. Saw Alex Baldwin in Washington Square Park. Just love the fact that he just lives life like everyone else. He was walking his dog talking with a friend. He was a hot mess, looked like he had just rolled out of bed. It was early and he had on a t-shirt, sweats and was styling some bed head. No one bothered him, he was just another New Yorker. So cool. We ended our stay by going to a painting party with 20 of Charlie's staff along with some faculty. I have always wanted to do that and it did not disappoint. Our paintings are on Facebook so go vote for your favorite. We will reveal the artist in a day or so. Usually you can BYOB and drink while you paint. That would have been a whole different experience. Never enough time - but always a great time. Now we are on our way back home and I start a new job tomorrow.
How fun, Barb and Gerry!! Life doesn't get much better than that does it? Well, I have been busy working and I probably will be for a while. Luckily my two partners are moving their licenses this week. It will make my life so much easier. We are waiting to hear if we are closing on the property today. I have a feeling it is going to be later in the week.
Gosh..I have not been on this site in a while but i missed all the good news..Nothing new here..Snow birds are leaving and that makes me happy..Just one of those things...So maryellen, did you close??? So happy for you...And Barb???? Where are you working??? Lots of luck any way...wish I had exciting news but its very quiet here.....
Well, I just got back from Fort DeSoto. We were there for four days with friends from the UK and CT. Had so much fun; took lots of pictures. My best ones were of the Pelicans. I'll post them on FB later when I find out how to process them. Hank just gets to technical for me, so I guess I'll have to figure it out for myself. I did just find Mom's Birthday pictures that Hank finally got restored. However, when I downloaded them to my computer, I couldn't view them. Hank told me I had to update something. Guess I'll do that tonight and then figure out how to "process them" and I will post them as well. I can't wait to see them. It's kinda like I found a treasure.
Yeah Barb, where are you working? We closed on the property but it wasn't official. Today is supposed to be official. The banks closing attorney--for the seller--was being a jerk and holding things up. Oh well, today it is official. Looks like we are going to be selling all 100 homes this week. We are working on a blanket contract for everything but then we have to individually enter each house in the builder's system. It'll probably take us a couple weeks to get it all done. I guess we are ready for another subdivision. John and are are probably going to start building the house sooner since we'll have the money this year. We are very excited but now we have to make some decisions much faster. Fun, fun, fun!!
Mary, I am working for MorningBreezeCabinRentals.com a North Georgia Cabin Rental company. It is 6 miles from the house in a home office. Dress anyway you want. Spent the day touring cabins and an incredible Lodge called 5 Star Lodge & Stables in Morganton. Not a bad day at the office :) The position was advertised as a part-time flexible position, however, I think she is really looking for someone full-time. So we will see. Sounds like you have been busy, busy, busy. Hope you close soon.
So Barb, how are you touring cabins that are in Blue Ridge and Morganton? That's just a little further then 6 miles! TGIF!! Tomorrow I am in a class all day at Faye's to make a table runner. It's kinda different, so I'm anxious to learn the technique. Diana is taking a class at Cynthia's on software. We'll have to meet later to share!! Sunday I'm thinking about doing nothing...but, I know that will never happen. Maybe I'll wash the car, and maybe I won't. I think I'll sew. YAY!!
Linda, The office is 6- miles from the house. We just spent yesterday driving from cabin to cabin so that it will be easier for me to know the properties and be able to sell them. Would probably need 4 more trips to see them all. It was a good day. So how was class?
Wow! Just got on here and read like a week of posts! Sounds like everyone is busy and having fun! LINDA-GET MOM's BIRTHDAY PICTURES DONE!!! Come on!!! Mary, selling 100 homes, does that mean you'll make like a million dollars?!?! That's cool!!! Barb, your posts make me sick! ALL that fun in NYC, and a job that sounds great too!?!?! WOW! for me, we went to a house warming party about a mile away and walked home around midnight. At the same time Hay;e was in Cardiff at a party! We all had lots of fun! Then Saturday we drove 3 hours to a friends in Nottingham to their housewarming. (who has 2 housewarming parties to go to in a row???) But that was also fun. Hay;e 'worked' the party by clearing glasses, putting out food, tidying up, and made £75!!!) She's very happy! So yesterday we drove home. Today I'm waiting for a new bed to be delivered. So no big plans today. just waiting.
Nancy, unfortunately selling 100 homes will not make me millions. I have 2 partners and in New homes we only get 50% of the commission--3%--and the homes are in the low 100's so it will be somewhere between 85k and 100k-- but not bad for just a few days work. Of course it will probably take them more than 6 months to build. We still haven't worked out the contract. The investors started with a great offer and then threw a low ball offer in the mix. This will probably take us another week or two to work out. Even if they don't buy all 100--we have people lined up to buy in there so we'll sell them all but it would probably take more like a year. John and I have been busy planning out our property. Oh with the help of Gerry we have a name for our property Sonny Farm! We staked out the house and a barn Saturday. I drew some floor plans yesterday but they need to be tweaked a little. It is hard for me to sleep at night because I can't stop thinking about it. We are also going to give up our trip to Maine this year so we can focus on building the house. We can't wait to move to Sonny Farms!!
Last night on 60 minutes, they did a segment on the 911 museum they are building 7 stories under where the twin towers stood. It is so cool, but I cried through the entire segment. I can't even image going there. It would be so emotional. They have the stairway that everyone was able to escape on and one of the fire trucks to the battalion that lost so many firefighters. They have pictures of everyone and stories/voices from their families describing them. They are still discussing pictures; whether they will have pictures of the people that were jumping. I would love to go, but would be sobbing uncontrollably.
My class on Saturday was so-so. Will never use the technique again; simply didn't like it. Another $100 down the drain.
Barb, I understand the office is 6 miles from your house, but aren't all the rentals in Blue Ridge and Elijay? So if you are selling them, does that mean you will be driving there daily? that's a pretty long drive, not to mention the gas prices.
the museum sounds amazing, I would go. I think crying there would be the norm, and I wouldn't feel out of place. Mary, that is VERY cool! Love Sonny Farms!! I cannot imagine how exciting that would be!! I'm not sure how I find that pinterest board, unless I find the original email which I could do....
Mary, Sonny Farms is so cool. When we were naming our road, we tried "Sonny" in every tense we could think of; but they were all taken :(. I can't even remember what we picked...
Oh, I think it's Sunshine Lane; and I am talking about naming the road, not the property. If we decide to build, we will definetely name the "Estate" ha ha..Today I'm leaving work early for a much needed pedicure. Oh, I can't wait. Even got up a little eary to shave....Yay. that should make them happy when they are massaging my legs. That just put a smile on my face. Always remember the simple things!
I hate when I go for a pedicure and realize I forgot to shave my legs. Good for you Linda. I need a pedi but it has been cold then hot then cold. I just can't seem to find time on a warm day. We are still trying to work out this big deal and I just wish they would get it together so I could stop sitting at the subdivision. The builders don't want us to stop sitting out there but we can't really sell since all the lots are sold--so it is boring. I am forced to play games all day. Well not all day. I dream about our new house.
I hate when I go for a pedicure and realize I forgot to shave my legs. Good for you Linda. I need a pedi but it has been cold then hot then cold. I just can't seem to find time on a warm day. We are still trying to work out this big deal and I just wish they would get it together so I could stop sitting at the subdivision. The builders don't want us to stop sitting out there but we can't really sell since all the lots are sold--so it is boring. I am forced to play games all day. Well not all day. I dream about our new house.
My toes look awesome. I feel like buying a new car. Maybe this weekend. My car has 80k miles and needs tires and schocks. Don't feel like putting $1k into it. We'll see. I may go looking.
well, I joined weight watchers again..It is much harder with this new system...very confusing.Most vegetables are free except corn and carrots.9my favorite..well, corn on the cob is less points than corn kernels.(What?)any way we'll see. And I really do not like too many veggies so I drink V8 juice.It's two points..Come on!!I am going to try but it is not fun.And that's the excitement in my life this week!
I am ADD, but who cares! I didn't go look at new cars last week because I was too lazy and they always keep you there so long. Didn't feel like wasting the day; but wasted it anyway sitting home watching TV. Oh well, that was much cheaper. But I haven't thrown out the idea of a new car. I'm still thinking about it before I sink any money into this car. Let's face it. For what I paid for it, I already got my money's worth, but I don't want to overdo it.
We've had so much rain; driving home last night I was actually scarred. People are nuts the way they drive in this rain. It was kind of like white out condition where you just couldn't see. Everything looked white; like it was snowy and foggy at the same time, but it was neither. Very strange. And we are supposed to get more today and tomorrow.
Poor Brian is trying to move; well he is moving. What a mess that will be unless he can beat the rain and get it all done EARY! He's pretty good about getting up early; I would volunteer to help, but frankly I'm too old and I know Hank wouldn't volunteer. He stopped doing "that" years ago; buy "that" I'm talking about physical labor.
So I guess it's time to start work. I get here at 6:45 to start at 8:00. How ridiculous is that. Have to beat traffic and still allow for delays (wrecks). I'm always so afraid I'm going to be late. When I started at 7:00, there really was no traffic to speak of, so it didn't take me but a half hour. However, leaving later is a nightmare and I was "white knuckling" it all the way to work. Then I'd get here all stressed before I even started. So now, I'm early and happy. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
yeah, I keep looking at the forecast there, because my roof is crap!! Apparently a piece of the ceiling in Gerry's bedroom caved in the other day!! And the roof guy can't start til Monday. Poor Gerry, I haven't talked to him, but I hope it's not worse with all the additional rain!! Ugh!!
Well my computer is shot. It took a good 15 minutes just to load up. i tried accessing this website on my phone but it wouldn't work. Not to worry, you haven't missed any exciting news from me. Everyday I debate on whether to grow my hair out. One day it looks like crap and then the next it looks kinda cute. it's too straight to do nothing so I'm always working on it. I think tomorrow we're going to Ikea. Just looking around there is fun. That's all i got.
38 comments:
So, Pete's on his way to FL for a week. Hayle and I will stay home, have a few arguments, and probably go shopping once or twice. Mostly, she is 'revising' for exams. She's got a LOT coming up between now and mid June.
So, yesterday Pete and I talked about how, when, if, and what we were going to do about flights. In the end, Hayle and I will be coming over June 18th. We're going to stay til maybe August 5th. Pete will fly over around 20th of July?? We have to book his. Hayle and I are VERY excited! Since it's STILL crap weather over here and freezing!! The heat is on, jackets, gloves, and the ever present Uggs!! SICK of it!!
We'll fly to NC for about 4 days to look at a couple colleges there, and she'll look at FAU in FL. As hard as school is for her, we need a head start, and plus, she's excited about the thought of moving back. Me too, but it'll still be a while for us.
I'm SUPER excited about my birthday!! Pete's planning EVERYTHING!!! I hope you'll all come by Friday. (As Jimmy said, he does believe it will start on Friday!) He's trying to rent a pontoon boat for that day!! Yippee!!! Maybe I'll wear my cowboy boots with my bathing suit! Hah!!! Just kidding! But I will wear that straw cowboy hat. Wait, do I still have that?? I ay have to go buy one. Let's ALL get one!! Yeah!!!
What day is your party? I see you plan to leave on your birthday so I am assuming your party is going to be before you leave.
yes, it is August 3.
OMG, That week was so much fun.
I will mark my calendar!
Well it has been a busy week for me. Actually it has been a busy year. Since the end of January I have gone to NYC, FL-2 times, SC-2 times, Mississippi-Obviously I don't know the abbreviation, I had Caroline and Hunter for a week, Jen was here for a day before our camping trip ad 2 days after and Mom was here a week. Poor Mom came as I was moving my real estate license from one company to another and all hell seemed to break loose. I had no plans that week and 3 past clients called to list homes, 2 or 3 buyers decided to look for homes, I was in the process of binding my contract--John and I just bought 5 acres in Carrollton, GA and I am starting a new subdivision. Mom and I did not get to do much. We did get to visit Barb and Gerry for dinner--it just didn't last long enough. Oh, now I remember why we couldn't stay longer--John had totaled his truck and we were down to one car. So I had to get home so John could use the van. Then we did visit Christy and Leeman, Melissa and Mike and Finn. I am so excited to just get up and go to work. Mom, this week would have been a great time for you to visit. It has been relatively quiet.
Good Grief!! That's busy!! I'm sitting here bored to tears!! I think it's better to be you!
It has quieted down some but now I have a new venture. Hopefully we will be closing on our property real soon and I am trying to come up with color schemes. I really wanted a red house--out in the country. I have been looking at red houses and love them but I got to thinking that the color will fade so much more on a dark color so now I am thinking much lighter colors. Melissa and I drove around today looking at different color schemes and there is one that I just love. Hmmm, how do I get that to show up on here. Oh, I will facebook it to you all. It actually looks almost beachy but I think it will be great. Wait until you see the plan of our house. I am so excited. I am even trying to plan my yard--5 acres of it. John thinks it is all going to be his but I have news for him. He said he was going to build me a small barn for my Alpaca. That will be my red. This is so exciting. Hey do you all pinterest? I know my kids do, Lori and Barb do and I think Nancy does--I can do a private board and invite you all. Let me know who wants to be included and I will put you on the list.
Where has all my family gone?
I'm here, but sometimes I come here less because no one else does. well, you me and mom. So let's see. Today's been rainy and cold, but I met Hayle in town and we went to the Cosy Club for lunch. I had a burger but it was crappy. Bought Hayle some pretty shoes for a party she's going to next week. Pete went to a football match. Tonight Hayle's babysitting. Pete and I will sit and watch a bunch of crap we DVR'd. So exciting. But next week, we have to housewarming parties to go to, yay!
what else? We're counting the days til June 18th!!
Oh, and I'm excited to be getting the seawall fixed!! It's going to be real soon! Permits and contracts in the works! Mom and Kathy should go over to document it for us!!!!
Well, I have been so busy at work. We are supposed to close on our property Monday but now the sellers attorney is arguing that my attorney can't close us without an amendment. I had it in the contract that I would have my own attorney but I am dealing with a bank foreclosure and somehow they are never wrong. Anyway, the amendment has been written and signed by me and John but the seller has not signed it. It is so stupid because we each pay our own attorney so it really should not matter. All we should have to do is send the HUD to the bank's attorney--which we did-- they approve it and seller signs, then we go to my attorney and sign and the deal is done. But they love to be difficult so it will probably delay closing a day or two. Banks suck. Oh well, it's not like we are moving into something. I just want to have a picnic on the property.
I just started a subdivision with 100 lots and I have an agent with an investor buyer who wants to buy all the homes. So we have started with writing contracts on the first 8 homes the builder has started. Then once we get these signed we'll have the builder start 8 or 10 more and write those. We should be really busy for a few months but then we'll be done. Fastest I have ever sold 100 homes. Even during the hay day it took more than a year. Although I did have one subdivision that we sold 15 homes a month. But we didn't have 100 lots. We'll see how serious these investors are once we really get started.
Busy, busy, busy!
wow! That's crazy!! Crazy good!!
It's crazy good if it all happens like we think it will. I never trust investors. But I do know this agent and apparently he has worked with them for a while. He said they just bought 350 homes in another subdivision and came into town to buy foreclosures. They had a brief case with $60 million dollars in cashiers checks and bought $36 million in homes on the court house steps. Where the hell does this money come from?
I need this: !!!!
http://blogs.webmd.com/all-ears/2010/05/the-marriage-saver-blanket-a-solution-to-the-toots.html
On the road again.
Headed back home from NYC. We had a great time. Well Gerry and I had a great time, Angie not so much. She is more of a country girl then a city one. To much noise and total sensory overload. But she definitely enjoyed seeing her daddy.
Charlie has a group of close friends (Charlie, Ty, Laura & Vanessa) that try to get together each week and cook dinner together, have a few cocktails, play some games and enjoy each others company. And that is how we started off our week. What a fun time.
We went to the Katie Show, a Yankee game, and went to Lombardi's for an incredible Margarita Pizza. Occasionally, Charlie and his friends go to brunch at Meades. They have this special where you get and entree and all you can drink mimosa, margaritas, or screw drivers. They eat and play games. I never understood how brunch could last 4 hours, but now I do. Another fun-time we got to share.
Saw Alex Baldwin in Washington Square Park. Just love the fact that he just lives life like everyone else. He was walking his dog talking with a friend. He was a hot mess, looked like he had just rolled out of bed. It was early and he had on a t-shirt, sweats and was styling some bed head. No one bothered him, he was just another New Yorker. So cool.
We ended our stay by going to a painting party with 20 of Charlie's staff along with some faculty. I have always wanted to do that and it did not disappoint. Our paintings are on Facebook so go vote for your favorite. We will reveal the artist in a day or so. Usually you can BYOB and drink while you paint. That would have been a whole different experience.
Never enough time - but always a great time. Now we are on our way back home and I start a new job tomorrow.
How fun, Barb and Gerry!! Life doesn't get much better than that does it?
Well, I have been busy working and I probably will be for a while. Luckily my two partners are moving their licenses this week. It will make my life so much easier. We are waiting to hear if we are closing on the property today. I have a feeling it is going to be later in the week.
Gosh..I have not been on this site in a while but i missed all the good news..Nothing new here..Snow birds are leaving and that makes me happy..Just one of those things...So maryellen, did you close??? So happy for you...And Barb???? Where are you working??? Lots of luck any way...wish I had exciting news but its very quiet here.....
Well, I just got back from Fort DeSoto. We were there for four days with friends from the UK and CT. Had so much fun; took lots of pictures. My best ones were of the Pelicans. I'll post them on FB later when I find out how to process them. Hank just gets to technical for me, so I guess I'll have to figure it out for myself. I did just find Mom's Birthday pictures that Hank finally got restored. However, when I downloaded them to my computer, I couldn't view them. Hank told me I had to update something. Guess I'll do that tonight and then figure out how to "process them" and I will post them as well. I can't wait to see them. It's kinda like I found a treasure.
Yeah Barb, where are you working?
We closed on the property but it wasn't official. Today is supposed to be official. The banks closing attorney--for the seller--was being a jerk and holding things up. Oh well, today it is official.
Looks like we are going to be selling all 100 homes this week. We are working on a blanket contract for everything but then we have to individually enter each house in the builder's system. It'll probably take us a couple weeks to get it all done. I guess we are ready for another subdivision.
John and are are probably going to start building the house sooner since we'll have the money this year. We are very excited but now we have to make some decisions much faster. Fun, fun, fun!!
Mary,
I am working for MorningBreezeCabinRentals.com
a North Georgia Cabin Rental company. It is 6 miles from the house in a home office. Dress anyway you want. Spent the day touring cabins and an incredible Lodge called 5 Star Lodge & Stables in Morganton. Not a bad day at the office :)
The position was advertised as a part-time flexible position, however, I think she is really looking for someone full-time. So we will see.
Sounds like you have been busy, busy, busy.
Hope you close soon.
So Barb, how are you touring cabins that are in Blue Ridge and Morganton? That's just a little further then 6 miles! TGIF!! Tomorrow I am in a class all day at Faye's to make a table runner. It's kinda different, so I'm anxious to learn the technique. Diana is taking a class at Cynthia's on software. We'll have to meet later to share!! Sunday I'm thinking about doing nothing...but, I know that will never happen. Maybe I'll wash the car, and maybe I won't. I think I'll sew. YAY!!
Linda,
The office is 6- miles from the house. We just spent yesterday driving from cabin to cabin so that it will be easier for me to know the properties and be able to sell them. Would probably need 4 more trips to see them all. It was a good day.
So how was class?
Wow! Just got on here and read like a week of posts! Sounds like everyone is busy and having fun! LINDA-GET MOM's BIRTHDAY PICTURES DONE!!! Come on!!!
Mary, selling 100 homes, does that mean you'll make like a million dollars?!?! That's cool!!! Barb, your posts make me sick! ALL that fun in NYC, and a job that sounds great too!?!?! WOW!
for me, we went to a house warming party about a mile away and walked home around midnight. At the same time Hay;e was in Cardiff at a party! We all had lots of fun! Then Saturday we drove 3 hours to a friends in Nottingham to their housewarming. (who has 2 housewarming parties to go to in a row???) But that was also fun. Hay;e 'worked' the party by clearing glasses, putting out food, tidying up, and made £75!!!) She's very happy! So yesterday we drove home. Today I'm waiting for a new bed to be delivered. So no big plans today. just waiting.
Nancy, unfortunately selling 100 homes will not make me millions. I have 2 partners and in New homes we only get 50% of the commission--3%--and the homes are in the low 100's so it will be somewhere between 85k and 100k-- but not bad for just a few days work. Of course it will probably take them more than 6 months to build. We still haven't worked out the contract. The investors started with a great offer and then threw a low ball offer in the mix. This will probably take us another week or two to work out. Even if they don't buy all 100--we have people lined up to buy in there so we'll sell them all but it would probably take more like a year.
John and I have been busy planning out our property. Oh with the help of Gerry we have a name for our property Sonny Farm! We staked out the house and a barn Saturday. I drew some floor plans yesterday but they need to be tweaked a little. It is hard for me to sleep at night because I can't stop thinking about it.
We are also going to give up our trip to Maine this year so we can focus on building the house. We can't wait to move to Sonny Farms!!
Last night on 60 minutes, they did a segment on the 911 museum they are building 7 stories under where the twin towers stood. It is so cool, but I cried through the entire segment. I can't even image going there. It would be so emotional. They have the stairway that everyone was able to escape on and one of the fire trucks to the battalion that lost so many firefighters. They have pictures of everyone and stories/voices from their families describing them. They are still discussing pictures; whether they will have pictures of the people that were jumping. I would love to go, but would be sobbing uncontrollably.
My class on Saturday was so-so. Will never use the technique again; simply didn't like it. Another $100 down the drain.
Barb, I understand the office is 6 miles from your house, but aren't all the rentals in Blue
Ridge and Elijay? So if you are selling them, does that mean you will be driving there daily? that's a pretty long drive, not to mention the gas prices.
Started counting points again, blah, blah, blah!!
the museum sounds amazing, I would go. I think crying there would be the norm, and I wouldn't feel out of place. Mary, that is VERY cool! Love Sonny Farms!! I cannot imagine how exciting that would be!! I'm not sure how I find that pinterest board, unless I find the original email which I could do....
Mary, Sonny Farms is so cool. When we were naming our road, we tried "Sonny" in every tense we could think of; but they were all taken :(. I can't even remember what we picked...
Oh, I think it's Sunshine Lane; and I am talking about naming the road, not the property. If we decide to build, we will definetely name the "Estate" ha ha..Today I'm leaving work early for a much needed pedicure. Oh, I can't wait. Even got up a little eary to shave....Yay. that should make them happy when they are massaging my legs. That just put a smile on my face. Always remember the simple things!
I hate when I go for a pedicure and realize I forgot to shave my legs. Good for you Linda. I need a pedi but it has been cold then hot then cold. I just can't seem to find time on a warm day.
We are still trying to work out this big deal and I just wish they would get it together so I could stop sitting at the subdivision. The builders don't want us to stop sitting out there but we can't really sell since all the lots are sold--so it is boring. I am forced to play games all day. Well not all day. I dream about our new house.
I hate when I go for a pedicure and realize I forgot to shave my legs. Good for you Linda. I need a pedi but it has been cold then hot then cold. I just can't seem to find time on a warm day.
We are still trying to work out this big deal and I just wish they would get it together so I could stop sitting at the subdivision. The builders don't want us to stop sitting out there but we can't really sell since all the lots are sold--so it is boring. I am forced to play games all day. Well not all day. I dream about our new house.
My toes look awesome. I feel like buying a new car. Maybe this weekend. My car has 80k miles and needs tires and schocks. Don't feel like putting $1k into it. We'll see. I may go looking.
well, I joined weight watchers again..It is much harder with this new system...very confusing.Most vegetables are free except corn and carrots.9my favorite..well, corn on the cob is less points than corn kernels.(What?)any way we'll see. And I really do not like too many veggies so I drink V8 juice.It's two points..Come on!!I am going to try but it is not fun.And that's the excitement in my life this week!
when someone creates fun dieting we'll all be thin!!
OK..
Linda, your post made me laugh!! A little ADD?? My toes look great-I want a new car!! We are sisters!!
I am ADD, but who cares! I didn't go look at new cars last week because I was too lazy and they always keep you there so long. Didn't feel like wasting the day; but wasted it anyway sitting home watching TV. Oh well, that was much cheaper. But I haven't thrown out the idea of a new car. I'm still thinking about it before I sink any money into this car. Let's face it. For what I paid for it, I already got my money's worth, but I don't want to overdo it.
We've had so much rain; driving home last night I was actually scarred. People are nuts the way they drive in this rain. It was kind of like white out condition where you just couldn't see. Everything looked white; like it was snowy and foggy at the same time, but it was neither. Very strange. And we are supposed to get more today and tomorrow.
Poor Brian is trying to move; well he is moving. What a mess that will be unless he can beat the rain and get it all done EARY! He's pretty good about getting up early; I would volunteer to help, but frankly I'm too old and I know Hank wouldn't volunteer. He stopped doing "that" years ago; buy "that" I'm talking about physical labor.
So I guess it's time to start work. I get here at 6:45 to start at 8:00. How ridiculous is that. Have to beat traffic and still allow for delays (wrecks). I'm always so afraid I'm going to be late. When I started at 7:00, there really was no traffic to speak of, so it didn't take me but a half hour. However, leaving later is a nightmare and I was "white knuckling" it all the way to work. Then I'd get here all stressed before I even started. So now, I'm early and happy. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
yeah, I keep looking at the forecast there, because my roof is crap!! Apparently a piece of the ceiling in Gerry's bedroom caved in the other day!! And the roof guy can't start til Monday. Poor Gerry, I haven't talked to him, but I hope it's not worse with all the additional rain!! Ugh!!
Well my computer is shot. It took a good 15 minutes just to load up. i tried accessing this website on my phone but it wouldn't work. Not to worry, you haven't missed any exciting news from me. Everyday I debate on whether to grow my hair out. One day it looks like crap and then the next it looks kinda cute. it's too straight to do nothing so I'm always working on it. I think tomorrow we're going to Ikea. Just looking around there is fun.
That's all i got.
Post a Comment