Monday, February 11, 2013

Queen of the Braun Clan!






There wasn't a bad picture of you this weekend, Mom! You look fabulous!!!!

42 comments:

Gma17 said...

sure couldn't keep my mouth shut, Could I? That was thw most fabulous weekend i ever had...I love you all so much..to the moon and back!

nancy said...

It was Mom!! I can't stop thinking about it! There was a lot of worry going around about various things: could we keep the secret? the food, what to have? I'm sure Bridget was worried about the number of people, seats, decor, etc, and much more. When to get there, the hotels, who rode with who, all that stuff. But NOTHING went wrong! It was perfect!

Mary Lesh said...

It was the Best!! Wasn't it?

Mary Lesh said...

I cannot believe no one visits our family blog anymore. I miss everyone!!

nancy said...

me too!!

Gma17 said...

Lets start charging them if they don't get on it at least once a week..Hmmmmm.

ricky b said...

I'm on now. Wow what a great week, why can't we do that more often, we should. I love when we all get together and I love the beaches and Palm trees too, although ya'll probably know that by now. Can't wait until we do this again, What a family, Bridget said it best with her toast, we are filthy rich in family love...

Mary Lesh said...

Good times for sure!! I think you have it Mom. We'll charge anyone who doesn't get on the blog. I think everyone should be on at least once a week. Is that asking too much? To visit family on the internet to let us know what is going on--once a week. Anyone who does not post has to pay Mom a dollar. If that doesn't work we'll increase it to $5.00 and so on and so on.

Mary Lesh said...

Yesterday we had the fire going in the fireplace and the wind was so strong it blew all the smoke in the house. I have been coughing ever since. My throat is so irritated. Never had that happen.
Today I am heading to the GA/SC line to meet Johnny and Laura to get the kids for the week. I hope I am ready for this. I have been looking forward to it and now I'm thinking "what did I get myself into?" What do you do with a 3 and 4 year old? I hope they like housework. I need to get some things done around here. Maybe I should pick up some coloring books and crayons. Play dough? I know I will take pictures so I need to plan a few excursions. Well, I need to get ready and get out of here.

nancy said...

We got home yesterday about 10am or so. unpacked, and walked into town for a meal. then Hayle and I stopped in to get our nails done because it had been about 3 weeks and mine were NEEDED plus we were going out that night. We were invited to a wedding party. so then I got an hour nap and we went out. Hayle stayed in. Finally some burgers came out after drinking for about 3 hours and we scarfed them up!! Some fried fish and salads-potato, cole slaw, etc. Weddings are done differently here. They have a morning party and a dinner party. Anyway, we went to the pub party, it was fun.
So today we picked up Cody and shopped at Costco, but just a small bit of stuff. Tomorrow I'll go get the rest at Tesco. And the gym in the morning!

Bridget said...

Now that all the partying is done, I'm going to atempt to clean the garage. I hate to do housework. But it must be done. That is all thats new here. Lets do this again. When does everyone want to come? It really was so much fun!! Good times.

nancy said...

OH!! I am SO SORE! After yesterdays gym session!! I even gave up after 45 minutes! Disappointed in myself! I had to lay down on a matt I was so lightheaded and ill. But I did get back up and spend 13 minutes on a bike before leaving. But back to it today, for some cardio. Determined!!

Gma17 said...

I agree Bridget..It was sooo much fun..I have the BEST family..Love you all so much.. Too bad it,s back to normal already..I feel for you bridget..You need Barb..ou would have that garage done in no time..Kelly and i are spending the day together, since there is no school for her. fun again!









Mary Lesh said...

My house is a disaster area. I thought I was going to have a clean house this year but there has not been time. I started off good but the good times get in the way. Now I have Hunter and Caroline here and there are toys and clothes strewn all over the place. We'll be taking them back to their dad in Columbia, SC this Thursday.
How did we do this? Yesterday I took them shopping because they have no cute clothes. Not that I haven't bought any for them. They had a huge suitcase full of dirty clothes (dirty to me--covered with stains, dog hair, lint, balls of dog and cat hair). I don't think their mother ever folded anything. I had to do 3 loads of laundry to try get things cleaned. At least nothing is wrinkled. I bought them each an outfit which they will wear today to the Aquarium. Then of course they got a toy for being good. We went to McDonalds for lunch and they played on the playground. Then the grocery store for kids food.
When we got home they played outside on the mini trampoline. Then they played with play dough. Then we watched some cartoons. When John got home we went to feed the ducks. John asked what was for dinner and I told him not to expect me to cook.
Man I was worn out.
Today we are going to go to the Aquarium and then we'll just color and hopefully I will at least get their crap cleaned up.

nancy said...

I love seeing these pictures of mom every time I open the blog! Mom, we never asked you, probably because the answer is obvious, aren't you glad we made you get dressed up?!?! You would've been in your nautidawg t-shirt! And look how nice you looked!!!

nancy said...

So, I know I go to the gym and look like crap. I'm also oblivious and unobservant. So I don't like it when someone says 'you come here a lot don't you'? Because I don't notice them, I think they don't notice me. Maybe I should make an effort to look better?

Last night at 11:30, Pete turned the channel and a show was just coming on called Magdalene Sisters. I was already ready to go to sleep, but we got sucked in!! I even hit record halfway thru, so we could shut it off and watch the rest the next day, but we didn't. We stayed up til 1:30. It's a story of 4 girls in the 1960's in Ireland that were sent to live in this "laundry', 'convent', prison?? So I read today that it seems it was a true story. Crazy!! If you can get your hands on it, it kept us wrapped, but is a little depressing. But interesting!

nancy said...

So, today will be a good day. Maybe I'll go into Cardiff?? But have to be home around 1-2, I'm getting a wax and massage!! Haven't had a massage I think in a couple years!!!! Then Pete and I are going out to dinner. But we're going with a couple that chain smokes. I hate that! They reek of smoke and they always step outside for a cigarette. Ugh!! And it's REALLY cold out!!

nancy said...

so I'm all alone on my blog.....

the couple we went to dinner with quit smoking....

Mary Lesh said...

Glad they quit smoking, you don't have to come home and take a shower immediately because you smell like a smoke stack.
I am back in South Florida at John's brother's house. It is not like our family. We are having a great time but it is just Pat & Ann and their kids. We played Apples to Apples the first night and yesterday we went for a little walk at this park. Last night we went to the beach and walked on the pier. Much more quiet.
Today is Jack's confirmation so the rest of her family will be here. That's about it.

Kathy said...

Going to mom's today.

Bridget said...

We went to church, ate, and now we are changing and going to an art festival. I love those. Today I got on the scale and its the highest number I have ever seen. Including being pregnant. OMG! I even gave up Wine, diet coke, and sugar since lent. (I do cheat on Sundays). I don't want to kill myself, but its very depressing. Oh well, it is Sunday so I'll go eat some sugar.

nancy said...

Bridge, how can that be?? hmmm, I still think you should try a trainer.

Mary Lesh said...

Bridget, I thought you looked marvelous! I can't imagine that you are at your highest weight ever. It is depressing though-isn't it? Well eat your sugar--tomorrow is a new day.

Gma17 said...

sometimes i wonder why I get on the scales..I mean, really, it is never kind . I f I don't like something i try to eat9like mushrooms) I just don't eat them so why do I think the scales will change? Mushrooms don't..Oh well, I am having a meeting here later this morning so I must get things done. I have eliminated the scales so it does give me a little more time...

Gma17 said...

I try NOT to eat it...Why don't I check the stupid thing before I click publish? Oh well.

Barbara said...

Hey Bridget - how's that garage coming? An airline ticket and I am there. :)

nancy said...

Mom, I sat here trying to figure out what the heck you were trying to say!! Because I know you hate mushrooms! I still am not too sure?? But your 2nd post made me laugh!

Barb, you are the organizing queen! One day, I will fly you over here!!

Mary Lesh said...

Just got home a little while ago from our second trip to Florida in 2 weeks. We had a great time. A little more relaxing--only 1 brother. But not nearly as much fun as my family!!! Don't get me wrong--Pat is really the only family of John's I ever want to visit and we had a great time. More relaxing because they kind of sit around and don't do as much. I guess we sit around too but we sit around 8 of us and spouses and nieces, nephews and Mom. Its a lot more visiting and never a dull moment!!!

nancy said...

well you're lucky. I am so damn far away, I won't see any family at all til JUNE!! UGH! Oh God, 3 1/2 months! Now I'm mad.

Mary Lesh said...

Don't be mad! Be happy that it will only be 3 1/2 months. It could be worse.

Mary Lesh said...

Nancy, I have to agree--I love seeing these pictures too! Mom you look marvelous and so happy!

Bridget said...

OK Brittany is on a mission to save the world. She has read a book called "Half the Sky". It is about the treatment of women around the world. More girls have been killed in the last fifty years, just because they were girls, than men who have been killed in all the wars of the twentieth century. Girls are killed routinely, and sold into slavery at an alarming rate. She read this last year and has encouraged me, and anyone who will to read it. She has become active in this campagne. Last night she met with two women from Cambodia who are trying to sell bags, and matts that the women make. These women have escaped from the brothels that they were held prisoners in. Brittany thinks that jewelry would sell better than the bags, and matts. When they found out who she works for, and her connection with Lulu Lemon they got very excited. Now they want her to get some women together to travel to Cambodia, or India to teach these women how to make jewelery. Anyone interested in really doing something to help mankind, READ Half the Sky, or watch the documentary. Brittany says it will change your life. Believe it or not, she is training for a triatholon for this summer for this cause. Who wants to help?

Mary Lesh said...

Wow, I have to read the book. I won't be training for any triathlon or any physical training but I'll start by reading the book for some motivation.

Anonymous said...

I love that Brittany is for such an awesome cause! Rob and I often thought about doing something to help fight the sex trade, as that has increased drastically in a few years. It's all so sad!
I will read the book as well and think about how I can help. Every little bit helps. It's good to help others. I think there really isn't any better feeling. That's why we love being moms so much😄.
Anyway, I have a self induced "march yoga madness challenge" I created to kick start my practice and be healthy. I am also doing a plant based diet. Mary and christy are joining me ( at least with the eating healthy portion- well christy and Leeman are doing yoga twice a week too). We are going to be checking in with each other Mondays Wednesday and Fridays to keep us on track! Anyone else want to join in the amazing fun challenge? No sugars allowed though... No soda of any kind, no start he's at dinner, etc. I can share some good recipes if you want...
Anyway I think it's gonna be an amazing month and April will be even better... Bettering my health and trying to better ther world around me at the same time... Yay😀.
Save the girls and eliminate plastics... We can do this...

Anonymous said...

Why don't I ever proof read before I hit comment? I meant there are no starches at dinner, like pasta or bread.

Bridget said...

I already eat a mostly plant based diet. I gave up sugar, and diet coke for lent. The diet coke is the hardest. I am also doing yoga twice a week. I'm trying.

nancy said...

In one of the magazines I got from mom, I read that MACA can help reduce weight gain in menopausal women. It's all natural.
And pumpkin seed oil is good for dry skin and helps fight cholesterol issues.

It's late, I'll comment more tomorrow......

Mary Lesh said...

Hmmm, what is MACA? Is it a pill, food, what? Do I add it to food? I want some.
I am going to a baby shower today and I know I am going to have cake. I don't make it at home and I don't buy it so that is the one time I have it. Sorry, gotta do it. But as soon as I get home, bam! I am back on the diet.

nancy said...

CRAZY?!?!!?!?

ricky b said...

I haven't had a soda of any kind in over 2 years now, boy, wish I could do that with beer. I have, however, started to eat better and exercise more lately so i can be in better shape for the grandpa type things you do, whatever they are, anyway, I am committed now, we shall see.

nancy said...

MACA, here's what the article says:
Taking 2000 mg. daily of this metabolism-boosting herbal extract puts the brakes on menopausal weight gain for 74% of women, reports the International Journal of Biomedical Science . Find MACA in health food stores.

Mary Lesh said...

I have to get me some MACA. I think I'll get some today. Hopefully that will help me.
Nothing new here, just working. John is very close to finishing the camper. We are planning to go to Mississippi for Easter weekend. We are very excited.