I saw a commercial on TV today about girls forced into marriage. This is their website. You'll see they do help a lot of girls. Maybe this is something we can all get behind?
http://www.plan-uk.org
I finally downloaded some photos. This was one of my favourites!!
14 comments:
That was such a good surprise.......Loved every minute of it!!!
Me too Mom! I didn't want to change the picture, but when we get so high in number of comments, it seems necessary??
Anyway, nothing new here. I'm so boring!!! We're going out to dinner tomorrow. Just a local place, but new.
Oh yea, I got a new car! It's really nice. My lease was up so it's kind of just a replacement, but I love it! It's actually a lot like yours mom! It's a car, but sits up high!
I wish I had news to report, but I don't.
well, I must say that I have little news either.BUT, I am looking forward to the Easter season..Al the 'snow birds" will be going home. The traffic this year has been horrendous. I could not find a parking space at Cosco yesterday. Plus the amount of cars looking for one created a traffic jam. So i will go today at 9:30. just to pick up my prescription.Last time I went early two old men were crashing into each other with their shopping carts...At least there was entertainment for us....Wish me luck!
Good Luck! But that crap IS funny!!! You should bring a video camera, you'd get crazy hits on youtube for that!!! HAHAAAA!
Well, I've ruined Hayle life today. I told her she had to go with us to talk to her tutor about scheduling. I know, we suck right?? Oh well.
Tomorrow is Mothers Day here! So, Hayle's made a reservation for us to have 'Sunday Lunch' in Cardiff. Should be very nice!! I don;t know why the day's are different between America and here, but there you go.....
Today I have a closing and that will take just about all day because I have to take the check to my broker up in Woodstock. I cannot wait until I am done with this company.
Tomorrow night I have a play date with a friend who does photography. I am very excited. I like to pretend I am a photographer and take pictures. We are planning some outings.
I need to get a life. Once the kids are gone, I don't get out much to socialize. I need some friends. I know I should volunteer, but I hate to do anything by myself. I'll just wait for something to fall into my lap. God forbid I do something.
Bridget, I have a good idea for you..Buy a sewing machine...Then startmaking small items, like for babies or young children..You can then donate them to hospitals and homeless shelters and any cancer hospitals espesilly for children..It will be doing something you like and something that you do well..even little blankets for new born babies...There are so many people in need and it would make you feel good. I have started and I am making bags for the cancer children, then i can put crayons and books etc..(from the dollar store..
Oh tes ...You do not have to spend a lot on a machine..I have a Baby Lock which i love. It has a few embroidery stiches and i believe it costs around 500$.But there are less expensive ones too and it is a good machine..Also, go to "craftsy.com..They have so much info.You can get free lessons on different bags and lots moe..
that's a great idea mom!
That's what I'm gonna do. I would love to do that.
Bridge, that's such a great idea. However, there are at least 2 pretty good size quilt stores in Naples. You need to go visit them and once you decide what kind of a machine you are going to buy, buy one from your local dealer. The reason being; if you have any problems, they will be more willing to help. They will also give you free lessons, should you need them. If it breaks, they are right there, etc. In addition, most quilt stores will offer you a 10% discount on supplies, fabric, etc once you purchased the machine. Most offer free classes, or a discount to classes they offer in the store. One store sells Baby Lock (which is what I bought Mom) and the other sells Berninia. They are top of the line, but ridiculous expensive!
And be sure to sign up for some classes that they offer; they offer more than quilting classes. You will meet so many great people in those classes. I met my best friend Diana at a class, and we go out with another 4/5 other girls that we've met in classes.
Actually, one of the girls is looking at houses up in the area of our property. She's up there right now. Also, one of the other girls was in NC on vacation and happened to drive through Cashiers, loved it, looked at a house and bought it as a second home. It's so much fun.
We are actually going to a quilt show on Saturday morning at War Memorial; the quilts are nice, but the venders are better! So many ideas and shopping!!!! Can't wait.
oooh, Bridge, sounds like you may be real busy soon! I did see a janome at costco today, but linda's advice sounds good!
Whats a jamone?
A brand of sewing machine.
Post a Comment