
So if you saw on Facebook, we went to see Comedy of Errors last night. Hayle and I got home at 12:00am and Pete had gone to a rugby game during the day (which Wales won!!) and he got home just before us. Today is Mothers day in the UK, and they are serving me breakfast in bed! Woo Hoo!!! Of course I woke up before Pete and said "Whatever"! I guess I'll make my own breakfast. So he got out of bed and said, 'don't move'! He's been banging away and it smells yummy! (I know he's frying up my potatoes!)
50 comments:
Well, Happy Mother's Day, Nancy!! I am glad they are treating you like a Queen. You deserve it!!
Does this mean you get to celebrate Mother's Day twice? I think I need to start celebrating international holidays as well!
Happy Mother's Day Mom and all my Sisters and Sisters-in-law!!
Sometimes I do. If I'm here, then most likely no. Is anyone coming over here this summer, or during the Olympics??
Happy Mother's Day!!You are very lucky..
I woke up this morning to discover John threw away my coffee scoops. I have used the same scoop for about 10 years and he threw it away. AAARRGGGHH!! Then I discover he bought more coffee and being the cheapskate that he is, bought cheap coffee. Now I am no Barista, but it just pisses me off when he buys cheap just to be cheap. So I turned all the lights on in the house. I hope he is happy with his little savings. Asshole!
omg! Mary, let him drink the crap he bought, and go buy your own! That'll show him! And buy an expensive scoop.
Well, I would buy more expensive coffee but I did not know until I got up to make it. Of course I forgot to go to the store yesterday.
I have been very busy at work writing contract after contract, showing homes, getting people ready for closing. It's a good kind of busy. I am so looking forward to my mini trip to FL to see Bridget's house.
I seem to be working right through my days off.
Busy, busy, busy!!
that's excellent!! It's good to be happy busy!!
So what's happening family??
A week from Monday Hayle and I will be in FL, yay!! We're going to Cheshire this weekend for a party.
This trainer is really annoying me a bout my eating. If he only knew how hard I was trying. It is so hard to eat the "right" foods all the time. Yesterday I didn't eat anything in the grains and milk food groups. I can't seem to eat enough nor eat all my food groups.
This is really hard!
I weigh myself every morning and I had a 3 pound weight loss since I started the training. Well wouldn't you know I wake up Friday and discover I have gained 3 pounds. What??? Anyway I get to the gym and the trainer decides to weigh me and I am getting sick as I walk to the scale. Luck was with me. I was down 3 pounds. Whew! I must have farted away the 3 pounds on the way to the gym--cuz I can't explain it. He was proud of me. lol
I have been busy as usual. Yesterday, John had off because his new 4 day work week starts with Monday off instead of Friday off. I took off and we did a lot of running around. I pulled 5 bushes from my front yard that I have always hated (those stupid box bushes) and I bought 5 azalea bushes to replace them. They are small now but they already look better.
Thank you, MaryEllen, for keeping this blog alive. I love hearing all family news. Nothing new here. I am trying to make a quilt. Slow going but it is fun. Keeps me busy. Nancy and Hayle will be here next week. Fun fun fun!
yea, Mary and Mom,! So, I'm nervous because we're flying in a week. I'll be ok. But I'm trying to finish up a bag so I can clean up my mess before I leave. Trying to figure things to make for dinner that I can use up all our ingredients! Tonight was chicken park and eggplant park, both came out AMAZING! Like, I can't even believe I made them! But I did! I had an eye dr's appt yesterday, everything fine. hmmm, what else? Pete's gonna shave his head next thursday before he flies over! He's funny. ok, that's all for now...
ok, 'park'?? Stupid autocorrect, should have said PARM. hahaha
I was wondering what park was, lol. I am getting ready to go to the gym. Meeting with my trainer. I still can't eat all he tells me to eat. Guess I'll have to start back with the junk food. jk
I wrote here but had to sign in again and it was lost.
Well, Kathy it seems no one has been here to see it anyway. Where the hell has everyone gone?
Lori is here and we spent a lot of the day making cake pops and chocolate peanut butter eggs and chocolate coconut eggs. Kelly helped for a little while. I can't wait for tomorrow when all the kids come over. It's gonna be fun!!
Hey, well, I've been hanging a little with Kathy and Mom, and Linda. I'm so exhausted right now. We have friends driving from Fayetteville, supposed to arrive around midnight and Pete said I had to wait up. I can't wait to go to BB's this week! Mary, when are you getting there? If Lori goes, then we will ALL be together except Gerry. Too bad he's missing it, but we will have a blast!!
Lori just told me she was going to go next weekend. Yay! Hey Barb, why don't you guys join us!!
We will get there sometime Saturday. Hopefully early afternoon. It is 16 hours from Memphis so we will leave there Friday morning and go at least 1/2 way and then finish in the morning.
I can't wait!
Well, I just wanted everyone to know that I had a great time this weekend. There is no better feeling than getting together with the family. Gerry and Barb, you were missed and hopefully we can all get together again real soon.
Amen Kathy... I can't get enough of this family. Love you all and yes, we need Gerry and Barb next time, hopefully, soon..
Ate cawliflower at mom's yesterday and she made it using Nancy's recipe. It was so good we ate the whole head of cawliflower.
Linda gave me a cabinet so I can store some of my yarns. it's already full!! I have a lot of crap!!!
I need that recipe! I think Nancy gave it to me when I was there, but I don't now what I did with it. Nancy can you give it to me again, please.
The recipe is on the Blog..I think last June..YUMMY!!!
Yup! It is June 2011..
WOW, you have to go back that far?? Re-post it
Kathy, you can click on the link on the first page for all 2011 posts. It is pretty easy.
I do not have 'Word' on my computer at the moment or I would type it up and email it. Mom, I'm so proud of you!! Yay!! and it's just as good with broccoli!!
Does anyone in my family ever get sensitive teeth? Sometimes I do, I guess from brushing too hard maybe? But, I learned from Scott, that Colgate's products for sensitive teeth are different in the US from the UK. I asked him for a sample of the toothpaste when I was there because I was suffering a bit. he told me that they're not allowed to use the same ingredients in the US. And I used it the whole time I was there, and still had the sensitive teeth. I new from using it over here occasionally, that one use, and it was cured. And I used it here, and it was gone!! If anyone needs it, I'll bring you some next time I'm there!!
I just rec'd an e-mail from Bambi asking for some prayers for her mom. Her mom had a stoke and has also just found out she has lung cancer. Everyone in this family knows Bambi so I'm asking on her behalf that we say a few for her.
oh no! I will start now!
Prayers coming her way.
Nancy, I don't think I have sensitive teeth. Hmmm, I guess I would know if I did, but thank you anyway.
I had to search for a baby picture of pete, and came across some very funny photo's!! I have to post some!!
OMG!! OK, the cleaning girl walks into the room and says, come upstairs, I show you something. I'm thinking maybe something broke?? We walk upstairs, and she says, you have an animal, I don't know how to call it. (she doesn't speak a lot of english-she's polish) I'm said oh my God, is it a mouse?!?!?! She says no. My heart is racing, What?!?! A raccoon? A grid? WHAT?!?!?! Ok, in Hayle's bathroom, on the floor, is a baby lizard. They do not live here! I guess we brought him here from Florida!! Poor baby, because he is going to die. I bought him and put him out back, but it's cold. Holy crap, my heart is still racing!!!!
that was supposed to say 'bird', not grid.
no, i didn't have to pay the cleaning girl for him. I 'brought' him outside
OMG! Poor little thing. Can't you put him in an aquarium? Of course then you have to keep him indefinitely because you can never let him go free. I hope his parents aren't looking for him. So sad for them. Lucky for you they can't go to the cops. You could be charged with kidnapping. I wonder if they could really charge you if it was not intentional. I mean surely you did not pack the little guy. If you wanted to kidnap him you would have duck taped his mouth shut and surely you would not let the maid find him.
You do know you can't bring animals into another country like that. Can you imagine if he jumped out when you were going through customs? Wow, you would have been in trouble.
HAHAAHAHAAHAA!! You made me laugh!!! Duct tape his mouth!!! you are SO funny!!! I thought about trying to keep him alive, but then yea, I'd have kennel him when we go away, and surely then I'd be caught! So, I just threw him in the grass. Then went outside to get a picture, and yes, he was in the same spot, and let me put my phone 1 centimetre from his face. He's a goner.
Well, let that be a lesson to all lizard in the world. "DO NOT PACK YOURSELF IN SOMEONE'S SUITCASE!" I think you take his picture and make a poster child/lizard out of him. Don't do this! Only professional stunt lizard's can survive a trip like this. This is NOT for amateur lizards. Pack that in your suitcase for your next trip. Let them all know this is what happens to lizards who stow away in someone's suitcase!
Nancy,
I need one of your recipes and I don't even know what it's for. Maybe it was Melissa's. Something about smacking your momma in the face. Do you have it?
HAHAHAA! Yes! Slap your momma chicken enchilada's. I'll email it to you
that's a good plan Mary! I'll have those printed and put in all bags!
Nancy, I didn't want to say anything since you have already posted the little lizards picture on Facebook, but...did you ever think that it might be an endanged species?! Or better yet, what if you have brought in a pregnant lizard. What if you have started to upset the whole eco system in the UK. Sort of like "there's no snakes in Ireland " and now you have brought the "Snakes" in. But I'm sure it's nothing, have a great day!
Worse yet, what if it is a diseased animal? What if you brought animal chicken pox to the UK?
I'm pretty sure it's dead, I'll look tomorrow to see if it's still there. of course, a friend here last night told us, if a bird ate it, we could throw off the bird population. Which would throw everything out of whack I think, good grief!
Nancy, it probably wasn't your lizard. It was on the plane at the Airport and just decided to climb into your luggage. Relax. No one will be knocking at your door to arrest you for changing History. But, I would sleep with one eye open!! And for all of you wondering, it was me that deleted the last message (do to a spelling error)
Linda is probably right. That lizard was on the plane at the airport and climbed in your luggage. I would like the authorities to prove otherwise. Your home in FL is a "lizard free" home.
Linda, thanks for letting us know it was you who deleted a message. I hate when no one owns up to it.
well, I just looked, and he is gone. But I know I did not leave any fingerprints on him, so let them try to prove it was me......!
Hi everyone.
Going to Lori's today. Christy and Leeman are in the area working, so they are taking some time off to come visit with us.
Post a Comment