Sunday, January 22, 2012

Our Weekend in Jacksonville


We had a great time in Jacksonville. We had two rooms at the LaQuinta (pronounced La keen ta--Mom). Our room had a separate  "middle room" where you see Barb and Linda.
A separate Dining room where you see Kathy enjoying a muffin.


Mom here preparing pizza in our own Kitchen.   But we preferred hanging out on the terrace having a little drink. It's what we do best. 
  
I don't know why the text won't go where I want it to go. Oh, well.

24 comments:

Gma17 said...

Love this Mary Ellen. We did have a good time. We were so lucky that we got the better roomS.

ricky b said...

You girls look like you had a lot of fun, next time, maybe the guys should go too. Guys like to eat and drink, we would fit right in.

Mary Lesh said...

You guys are always welcome. We just stopped asking because you both kept refusing. Sometimes you just got to do it!

nancy said...

Love it!!

nancy said...

Hey everyone, I don't know if you saw Liz's posts on Facebook, or if you talked to mom, but I found out yesterday that Liz's sister Patty killed herself. I can't believe it. She was 50 years old. Her life has always been a dismal mess. Liz said she was in bad debt, her Dr. was trying to get her off her 'psych meds' (I knew nothing of that) and a lot of the social services she had been receiving (medicare for her kids and more) were being cancelled because since her mother died and left her the house in N. FL she now had assets and couldn't have them. I'm not sure how clear the details are on all that, but she sat down in the apartment and shot herself in the head. Her 13 year old son came home and found her. Her poor kids, if they're not messed up enough, this will surely do them in. I think Liz sounded more angry than sad, but this was her only sister. I may come over, she said they'll have a service for her, I'm looking at tickets, but I was waiting to hear from her. I'll let you know when and where if anyone can make it?

Mary Lesh said...

OMG, that is horrible. I just don't understand suicide and especially that way. So sorry for her son and Liz. I'll pray for them.

nancy said...

Thanks Mary. I know, I'll never understand it either. Ever! But Liz thinks she just wasn't in her right mind, I guess that has to be true in order for her to do that!

Kathy said...

OK, It's official. Neil and Amber will be getting married Aug 12th of this year. It is on a Sunday and in Chicago. That is the only time that Neil has any flexability in his schedule. After graduation he will still be in Language School (hence the flexability) After that, in Sept, he will be assinged to a "Team" and for the first year he won't be allowed to plan anything.

Barbara said...

Details, details, how did he propose?

Mary Lesh said...

I'm going to guess it was over the phone!
Congratulations!! I love Chicago! Can't wait, nothing like a wedding to bring the Braun clan together!!
And I have enough time to lose some weight. Not that I didn't before, but this year is the year. I swear to God.

ricky b said...

Ok Kathy, need details. Where in Chicago do we look for a room? Now I'm getting excited, hope ALL can make it, I'm planning on it

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Mary Lesh said...

There is a game at Wrigley Field Friday, August 10th if anyone is interested. They are playing the Cincinnati Reds. Could be fun!

Kathy said...

This is what I know so far:
The wedding will be at Holy Cross Catholic Church in Deerfield, IL.
The reception will be at Micky Finns in Libertyville, IL. It looks like the closest hotels are about 1.5 miles away.

Kathy said...

Seems like there is alot going on in Libertyville that weekend. I tried to book a room at the Holiday inn but they weren't too friendly, he said there werent many rooms available and then we got disconnected. So....I called Candlewood Suites. The girl I spoke to said there also weren't many rooms available so I booked 3 suites. One bedroom with a queen size bed, sleeper sofa and a full kitchen. I booked from Aug 10th thru the 13th. The total costs for the 3 nights is $397.35 each. If anyone wants a room let me know. Oh, and don't let me forget, I used mom's AAA membership to get a small discount.

ricky b said...

Kathy, I just booked a room at Hampton Inn & Suites in Libertyville for $113 a night.. I got if from Aug 10 - Aug 13th

nancy said...

Pete won;t be able to go over twice, and I know he REALLY wants to go to the Seal Graduation. So, as long as we can, Hayle and I will come over for the wedding. She'll be SO excited since she missed all the weddings before! But she's out of school in August.

Mary Lesh said...

Yeah! I am so excited. All our family needs now is some babies!! Anyone listening?

Gma17 said...

I am so mad..I wrote a big long story aand it did not post and it went away.......Will do it later because now i am mad

Gma17 said...

Ok now i am not mad anymore..I am excited too, Mary. Family get to gethers are great,and wrigley field sounds great. Went over to Lori's on sunday. Linda showed Kelly how to put the straps on her purse and now it is all finished. It is really cute. Lori had made pepperoni sticks like dad use to make and they were so good! Linda left early but I staid for the start of the super bowl. Lori had made Chili and hot dogs(Even rolled some in crscent rolls and baked them.YUM YUM..Then she made these biscuit cups and filled them with delicous chicken salad.. Lots of fun..Topped aff by a Giants Victory!YES!!!

nancy said...

staid? Mom, do you have spell check? hahaha. And I wondered if you'd say anything about the game, it was all about food! But then it always is isn't it?!?!? Sounded delicious!!!! Well done Lori!!

nancy said...

holy crap!! I just looked, and there are no flights using point available, and one ticket is $1,300!!!

Mary Lesh said...

Glad you had such a good time, Mom. John and I watched the game but we are both on diets so we didn't eat anything during the game. We did eat grilled chicken and roasted asparagus before the game. It is the only game we watch all season. I think this is the first time my team won. Thank God I'm from NY or I might have picked the Pats.
Nancy, what tickets are you looking to book? April or August? Yikes that is expensive!

nancy said...

August!