Thank you Charlie! What great pictures and especially cool that they are night shots. Have things finally settled down some at school?
Can I assume Nancy arrived without incident? Since I never heard from anyone I will also assume Kathy and Mom arrived safely to Eileen's and then back home to pick up Nancy.
John and I went for a bike ride yesterday-- I only did 6 miles while John did 10. Then we came home and spent 4 hours cleaning our room. It really looks good. We found so many things we had been looking for. Imagine that? We have decided to focus on a room a day. I did not realize how bad the room was until we started moving furniture out and cleaning behind and under things. Last night I went to bed at 9:30 I was so tired. Then I looked up and noticed we did not clean the fan. Dammit! I am cleaning the bathroom today all by myself. That's right. I think I can handle that.
Yay Mary, loved reading your post! I told Richard (my trainer) that you were coming over and you will come in and meet him and workout! Got here with no incident, Yay! I woke up this morning at 5:30, so excited to go see the house!! Charlie, loved your pictures. I want one of those flags of heroes, how can I get one? Can you take pictures of the waterfalls there? I've not seen much of that. I 've seen it on tv from far away, and I'm not sure if there;s a plaque or anything about how that came up. Just curious. It looked nice. The picture of the light beams gave me chills. Thanks for sharing them!
I hate that I am the only sister not in FL right now. Yesterday was a very frustrating day. I got up at 3:45 with John, made his coffee, then made mine and played on the computer for about an hour. (That is my morning routine). I cleaned my bathroom and did 3 loads of laundry before I went to work. For two days I had the sniffles out of 1 nostril. No big deal. Just a little runny now and then. I go to work and Diana starts, "You're getting a cold." I said, "No I'm not." She says, "Yes you are." All day we went through this. I kept telling her I just had a little sniffle. I felt fine. Not even a little sick. By the end of the day both sides of my nose were running, I had a headache and my eyes hurt. I swear she cursed me. I was not sick and she willed it on me. I think I will tell her she has the flu. I'll teach her. The rest of the day was just one stupid thing after another and I had to fight with someone at an attorneys office. Then argue with my client--who is also a good friend. If she doesn't leave me a lone she is not going to be my friend for long. Then these people came in at the end of the day to do their selections. I helped them by telling them, "No you don't want that" when they picked things I didn't like. I also rushed them. That made me feel good. I didn't get out on time but I got them out pretty quickly.
When John called he could tell I had a bad day so he bought me a bottle of Port (my new drink). Isn't that nice? The alcoholic buys me my alcohol.
So let me guess, you are all together having fun without me so you don't have time to check the blog? What ever!! I came home today and John bought me a Wii. I am so excited. Back when Jennifer lived with us, she had a Wii so I bought the Wii Fitness. Then she moved out and I did not have the Wii, just the Wii fitness. I need to get to bed asap as I am making breakfast for the W. GA Board of Realtors in the morning. It's been a long day. Drove to Dallas to get a contract signed, wrote another contract at the subdivision. Had to go back and forth with another agent who sent a termination and release for another contract (that's not good), then had to do the shopping for tomorrow's breakfast and do all the prep work. I am really tired. Goodnight #@%&*&%$
Mary, you are hysterical! I read this out loud to mom and Bridget (although Mom had already read it) this morning. (I read the one about you telling Diana she has the flu), So I've been keeping them all pretty busy! Making them clean my house today. HaHaHaHa!!!!
I've been so overtired!! Mary, I meant to say I read that out loud to Mom and Bridget and we all had such a good laugh. But I only typed part of it. I was rushing.
I'm SO exhausted right now, had an 8am start and got back at 8pm tonight. Kathy, Bridget and Lori, Kelly and Mom, helped clean SO much at the house today!!! OMG, they were on hands and knees, with gloves on, scrubbing floors and toilets and wiping counters and drawers!! What would I do without them?!?!?! Thank you guys!!! We worked so hard today!! Found out we had termites, the gutters are crap, and on and on. it's not all bad. it'll all be fixed soon enough. i'm a bit overtired, can't talk anymore. G'night!
I would have liked to help, just to be a part of it all. I'm with you all in spirit. And if it makes you feel any better I am working on getting my house in order so I'm scrubbing and cleaning too. Well, I did on Sunday and Monday. I was too busy with work and volunteering to do housework, but I'll get back to it so I can have a clean house. Then I'll mess it up again and wonder how it got that way. Then I'll say, "Oh that's right, I'm a slob!" It's all good. Yesterday we saved the contract that the buyer was trying to terminate, yea!!! And I am showing 2 more homes today. Then I have to get my pictures ready for the Georgia National Fair. What is up with Georgia? The Georgia NATIONAL (?) Fair? Why not State Fair since it is only for the state of Georgia? Southern idiots, that's what that is.
ok, mom and I are up and at 'em early! We're heading to Sherwin Williams, and later to Ikea for dishes and crap! Lori, you coming?? Bridget, you left another bag at mom's, call us. She's not gonna be on the blog, she's busy, better call her. Mary, glad you saved that contract!! Hope your cold is better. Did you give Diana the flu?
I'm not sure if Diana has the flu yet. She does have a scratchy throat. I am already better. Who ever heard of a 2 day cold? I told you she put a curse on me. I need to get moving too. I have to show some homes!!
Well, I am driving down to Perry GA to deliver my pictures for the Georgia National Fair. That's right, the Georgia NATIONAL Fair. I'm still confused about that one. Nothing NATIONAL about it. It is a State fair. Someone needs to tell them. Christy helped me get all my entries mounted while Melissa looked on. Next year I will pay someone to do this for me. Not that it was so difficult but --- all right it was difficult. Who would have thought. Obviously not me. I also have to meet the bride at the rehearsal today at 4:00. I really wanted to do some practice shooting for some ideas I had. I guess I'll have a busy day. You all have fun without me. You are anyway.
Oh I almost forgot to tell you about my Wii. I picked up Wii Zoomba. Very difficult. I guess I will have to watch the tutorial. Instead I played Mariokart. The racing thing. It really works my arms. I find I stretch my arms out as if reaching toward the tv moves my car faster. I also seem to think pressing harder on the button and squeezing the steering wheel tighter helps. It doesn't. I finally learned some new tricks. I read the manual and discovered one of the buttons I was holding down was actually slowing me down. I haven't read the entire manual--because I hate manuals. I wish someone would just tell me what it says. Anyway no where does it say--stretch your arms out and bring the steering wheel closer to the tv to make your car move faster. Nor does it tell you to squeeze harder for better results. Huh, it's probably in the finer print.
oh my gosh, I am so tired!!!!!!!! I want to go back to bed. We picked out paint colors. Couple changes. It's starting to get wintery here. It's not quite a brite in the morning, so the days are getting shorter. Def a little colder and more rainy too. Mary!! Less than 3 weeks and you'll be here!! EEEEk!! Have to figure out where we'll go! Do you have any thoughts on that?? google and let me know?? so we can't pull up the cameras at the house, I'm guessing the plumber is fixing the water, stupid dumb Comcast!!! I still hate them!
I think I would want to blow comcast up! They are horrible! I hate them too! OMG I am so excited!!!! I want to see castles, any castles will do. There is the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff that is supposed to be amazing. Is Bristol far? There is The Planetarium. I have some flickr friends who live over there and there is a pier that is always photographed. I'll have to look it up and see if it is close. How far is it from London to Wales? What is in between? Just remember everything I do I want to be photo related--for the most part. I love History so anything Historical will do. I cannot wait.
london is about 2 hours-no problem. between here and there, there is bristol, bath, windsor castle (where the queen lives most the time) stonehenge, stratford upon avon-the birthplace of shakepeare, caerphilly castles not far, and st. donats castle. have you never been to london?
No, I have never been to London. I thought London was about 6 hours away. OMG. I want to see all those places. I have some other places I want to see too. I have been making a list and checking it twice--trying not to be naughty but when I am I am nice. I would like to see a lighthouse or two if I can--to add to my collection of Lighthouse pictures. There are 3 places in Wales that are in the "1,000 Places to See Before You Die" book. I also plan to do a photo shoot or two with Hayle and maybe with Hayle and her friends. I'm so excited!!!
I have that book, what are the 3 places you want to see? We will really be on the run! It will be fun! You'll be tired on the first day, try to sleep on the plane. We'll try to keep you awake all day, it'll get you on our time better. The leaves are starting to change here, hopefully the weather will be good!!
So I woke up at 2:30am and came downstairs. I found mary on facebook and we chatted until I was literally crying with laughter! God she is so funny!! I can't wait til she's here!
I have to tell you about a date Brittany went on. One of her friends set her up with a guy that went to U of P and is getting his masters at Columbia. She said he was totally Jewish and she was totally not into him after doing her "research", but was going to meet him anyway. One of his first questions was "Have you ever heard of Wharton"? Brittany told him yes that she also went to school in Philly. Not quite Ivy league but none the less a university. He told her he has not had fast food in ten years, but does allow himself subway, and chipotle. Brittany asked if it bothered him that Chipotle was owned by McDonalds? He said that was like Pepsi owning Frito Lay and frito lay is not a carbonated drink. Brittany said regardless subway and Chipotle were still fast food. Then Brittany said she thought he was bringing a tear to his eye as he told her when he found out that Barack Obama was the democrate candidate for president, he quit his big job at a hedge fund, put on his back pack, walked 18 miles to a democrat campaign office, high fived everyone and said he was there to do whatever he could. After Obama won he went backpacking in Asia for 3 months by himself. His father is a doctor, and his mother is getting her masters, and they are both big charity givers. Brittany told him that her mother shops and her dad works in his garden. After he started telling her of some project he was working on, she said STOP. This is too much for me. You are way too smart, and this will never work, but if you ever need someone to tell you what to wear with those steel tips shoes you are wearing, give me a call. I don't think she will ever hear from him again. She said oh mom I KNOW I will never hear from him again. I think I was pretty clear about how I felt.
Love the dating story. Keep them coming. Even though you are having a miserable time dating awkard and absurd guys, we are having a real hoot reading about them. There is one thing that is bothering me though. What can you wear with steal tipped shoes?
26 comments:
Thank you Charlie! What great pictures and especially cool that they are night shots. Have things finally settled down some at school?
Can I assume Nancy arrived without incident? Since I never heard from anyone I will also assume Kathy and Mom arrived safely to Eileen's and then back home to pick up Nancy.
John and I went for a bike ride yesterday-- I only did 6 miles while John did 10. Then we came home and spent 4 hours cleaning our room. It really looks good. We found so many things we had been looking for. Imagine that? We have decided to focus on a room a day. I did not realize how bad the room was until we started moving furniture out and cleaning behind and under things. Last night I went to bed at 9:30 I was so tired. Then I looked up and noticed we did not clean the fan. Dammit!
I am cleaning the bathroom today all by myself. That's right. I think I can handle that.
Yay Mary, loved reading your post! I told Richard (my trainer) that you were coming over and you will come in and meet him and workout!
Got here with no incident, Yay! I woke up this morning at 5:30, so excited to go see the house!!
Charlie, loved your pictures. I want one of those flags of heroes, how can I get one? Can you take pictures of the waterfalls there? I've not seen much of that. I 've seen it on tv from far away, and I'm not sure if there;s a plaque or anything about how that came up. Just curious. It looked nice. The picture of the light beams gave me chills. Thanks for sharing them!
I hate that I am the only sister not in FL right now.
Yesterday was a very frustrating day. I got up at 3:45 with John, made his coffee, then made mine and played on the computer for about an hour. (That is my morning routine). I cleaned my bathroom and did 3 loads of laundry before I went to work. For two days I had the sniffles out of 1 nostril. No big deal. Just a little runny now and then. I go to work and Diana starts, "You're getting a cold." I said, "No I'm not." She says, "Yes you are." All day we went through this. I kept telling her I just had a little sniffle. I felt fine. Not even a little sick. By the end of the day both sides of my nose were running, I had a headache and my eyes hurt. I swear she cursed me. I was not sick and she willed it on me. I think I will tell her she has the flu. I'll teach her.
The rest of the day was just one stupid thing after another and I had to fight with someone at an attorneys office. Then argue with my client--who is also a good friend. If she doesn't leave me a lone she is not going to be my friend for long. Then these people came in at the end of the day to do their selections. I helped them by telling them, "No you don't want that" when they picked things I didn't like. I also rushed them. That made me feel good. I didn't get out on time but I got them out pretty quickly.
When John called he could tell I had a bad day so he bought me a bottle of Port (my new drink). Isn't that nice? The alcoholic buys me my alcohol.
So let me guess, you are all together having fun without me so you don't have time to check the blog? What ever!!
I came home today and John bought me a Wii. I am so excited. Back when Jennifer lived with us, she had a Wii so I bought the Wii Fitness. Then she moved out and I did not have the Wii, just the Wii fitness.
I need to get to bed asap as I am making breakfast for the W. GA Board of Realtors in the morning. It's been a long day. Drove to Dallas to get a contract signed, wrote another contract at the subdivision. Had to go back and forth with another agent who sent a termination and release for another contract (that's not good), then had to do the shopping for tomorrow's breakfast and do all the prep work. I am really tired. Goodnight #@%&*&%$
Mary, you are hysterical! I read this out loud to mom and Bridget (although Mom had already read it) this morning. (I read the one about you telling Diana she has the flu), So I've been keeping them all pretty busy! Making them clean my house today. HaHaHaHa!!!!
I've been so overtired!! Mary, I meant to say I read that out loud to Mom and Bridget and we all had such a good laugh. But I only typed part of it. I was rushing.
I'm SO exhausted right now, had an 8am start and got back at 8pm tonight. Kathy, Bridget and Lori, Kelly and Mom, helped clean SO much at the house today!!! OMG, they were on hands and knees, with gloves on, scrubbing floors and toilets and wiping counters and drawers!! What would I do without them?!?!?! Thank you guys!!! We worked so hard today!! Found out we had termites, the gutters are crap, and on and on. it's not all bad. it'll all be fixed soon enough. i'm a bit overtired, can't talk anymore. G'night!
I would have liked to help, just to be a part of it all. I'm with you all in spirit. And if it makes you feel any better I am working on getting my house in order so I'm scrubbing and cleaning too. Well, I did on Sunday and Monday. I was too busy with work and volunteering to do housework, but I'll get back to it so I can have a clean house. Then I'll mess it up again and wonder how it got that way. Then I'll say, "Oh that's right, I'm a slob!" It's all good.
Yesterday we saved the contract that the buyer was trying to terminate, yea!!! And I am showing 2 more homes today.
Then I have to get my pictures ready for the Georgia National Fair. What is up with Georgia? The Georgia NATIONAL (?) Fair? Why not State Fair since it is only for the state of Georgia? Southern idiots, that's what that is.
ok, mom and I are up and at 'em early! We're heading to Sherwin Williams, and later to Ikea for dishes and crap! Lori, you coming?? Bridget, you left another bag at mom's, call us. She's not gonna be on the blog, she's busy, better call her.
Mary, glad you saved that contract!! Hope your cold is better. Did you give Diana the flu?
I'm not sure if Diana has the flu yet. She does have a scratchy throat. I am already better. Who ever heard of a 2 day cold? I told you she put a curse on me.
I need to get moving too. I have to show some homes!!
Well, I am driving down to Perry GA to deliver my pictures for the Georgia National Fair. That's right, the Georgia NATIONAL Fair. I'm still confused about that one. Nothing NATIONAL about it. It is a State fair. Someone needs to tell them.
Christy helped me get all my entries mounted while Melissa looked on. Next year I will pay someone to do this for me. Not that it was so difficult but --- all right it was difficult. Who would have thought. Obviously not me.
I also have to meet the bride at the rehearsal today at 4:00. I really wanted to do some practice shooting for some ideas I had. I guess I'll have a busy day.
You all have fun without me. You are anyway.
Oh I almost forgot to tell you about my Wii. I picked up Wii Zoomba. Very difficult. I guess I will have to watch the tutorial. Instead I played Mariokart. The racing thing. It really works my arms. I find I stretch my arms out as if reaching toward the tv moves my car faster. I also seem to think pressing harder on the button and squeezing the steering wheel tighter helps. It doesn't.
I finally learned some new tricks. I read the manual and discovered one of the buttons I was holding down was actually slowing me down. I haven't read the entire manual--because I hate manuals. I wish someone would just tell me what it says. Anyway no where does it say--stretch your arms out and bring the steering wheel closer to the tv to make your car move faster. Nor does it tell you to squeeze harder for better results. Huh, it's probably in the finer print.
hahahahahahahahahaha, you are so funny. But, I think everyone thinks it's in the manual, because we all do it!!
oh my gosh, I am so tired!!!!!!!! I want to go back to bed.
We picked out paint colors. Couple changes. It's starting to get wintery here. It's not quite a brite in the morning, so the days are getting shorter. Def a little colder and more rainy too.
Mary!! Less than 3 weeks and you'll be here!! EEEEk!! Have to figure out where we'll go! Do you have any thoughts on that?? google and let me know??
so we can't pull up the cameras at the house, I'm guessing the plumber is fixing the water, stupid dumb Comcast!!! I still hate them!
I think I would want to blow comcast up! They are horrible! I hate them too!
OMG I am so excited!!!! I want to see castles, any castles will do. There is the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff that is supposed to be amazing. Is Bristol far? There is The Planetarium. I have some flickr friends who live over there and there is a pier that is always photographed. I'll have to look it up and see if it is close. How far is it from London to Wales? What is in between? Just remember everything I do I want to be photo related--for the most part. I love History so anything Historical will do. I cannot wait.
london is about 2 hours-no problem. between here and there, there is bristol, bath, windsor castle (where the queen lives most the time) stonehenge, stratford upon avon-the birthplace of shakepeare, caerphilly castles not far, and st. donats castle. have you never been to london?
No, I have never been to London. I thought London was about 6 hours away. OMG. I want to see all those places. I have some other places I want to see too. I have been making a list and checking it twice--trying not to be naughty but when I am I am nice. I would like to see a lighthouse or two if I can--to add to my collection of Lighthouse pictures. There are 3 places in Wales that are in the "1,000 Places to See Before You Die" book.
I also plan to do a photo shoot or two with Hayle and maybe with Hayle and her friends. I'm so excited!!!
I have that book, what are the 3 places you want to see? We will really be on the run! It will be fun! You'll be tired on the first day, try to sleep on the plane. We'll try to keep you awake all day, it'll get you on our time better. The leaves are starting to change here, hopefully the weather will be good!!
I will be ready to hit the ground running when I get there!!
Good for you, Mary..I'm jealous...Ahhh to be young again..
So I woke up at 2:30am and came downstairs. I found mary on facebook and we chatted until I was literally crying with laughter! God she is so funny!! I can't wait til she's here!
That was fun, wasn't it. I cannot wait. First I thought wow time is flying but now it seems to be dragging.
i was laughing so hard my eyes were watering!! I went back to sleep after hayle went to school and didn't wake up til 1:00!!!
I have to tell you about a date Brittany went on. One of her friends set her up with a guy that went to U of P and is getting his masters at Columbia. She said he was totally Jewish and she was totally not into him after doing her "research", but was going to meet him anyway. One of his first questions was "Have you ever heard of Wharton"? Brittany told him yes that she also went to school in Philly. Not quite Ivy league but none the less a university. He told her he has not had fast food in ten years, but does allow himself subway, and chipotle. Brittany asked if it bothered him that Chipotle was owned by McDonalds? He said that was like Pepsi owning Frito Lay and frito lay is not a carbonated drink. Brittany said regardless subway and Chipotle were still fast food. Then Brittany said she thought he was bringing a tear to his eye as he told her when he found out that Barack Obama was the democrate candidate for president, he quit his big job at a hedge fund, put on his back pack, walked 18 miles to a democrat campaign office, high fived everyone and said he was there to do whatever he could. After Obama won he went backpacking in Asia for 3 months by himself. His father is a doctor, and his mother is getting her masters, and they are both big charity givers. Brittany told him that her mother shops and her dad works in his garden. After he started telling her of some project he was working on, she said STOP. This is too much for me. You are way too smart, and this will never work, but if you ever need someone to tell you what to wear with those steel tips shoes you are wearing, give me a call. I don't think she will ever hear from him again. She said oh mom I KNOW I will never hear from him again. I think I was pretty clear about how I felt.
OMG, that is sooo funny!!
I'm glad she went on a date though. Especially knowing he was not for her from the very start.
Love it!!
sounds like a weirdo!! why quit your job and backpack?? freak?? And I love chitpotle!!
Love the dating story. Keep them coming. Even though you are having a miserable time dating awkard and absurd guys, we are having a real hoot reading about them. There is one thing that is bothering me though. What can you wear with steal tipped shoes?
Post a Comment