Thursday, January 13, 2011

Time for a Change Again



I took this New Years Day while out Geocaching with John. It was raining and I took this with a slower shutter speed so you can see the rain falling. Anyway, Nancy asked for a change--so here it is.

37 comments:

ricky b said...

Nice picture Mary. Hey, it's been a while since we all got together and I'm feeling like a family reunion is in order. Is it too late to plan once for later this year? Any Ideas (Disney, Tampa, GA, SC, or NC beaches)?

nancy said...

It IS in order!

Gma17 said...

Linda has the tickets for those of us who are going to Vegas to see Garth Brooks.....April 8th..I am soooo excited!!!1

Gma17 said...

A reunion in the summer sounds real good....yes yes yes!

Gma17 said...

And Mary, that picture is beautiful...I think I will go with you to take some pictures some day...I like bridges, weather and barns..How about it??/

nancy said...

eeeeeeeeek!! I'm so excited!!! Ok, let's get rooms! Linda, tell us about the seats?!?!?!

Gma17 said...

You can't be more excited than me..Linda gave me a dvd of his concerts and i CANNOT sit still when he sings I got Friends in Low Places...Love him.I wish everybody could have gone....YAHOO!!!!

Mary Lesh said...

Mom, when you come up we'll take pictures of bridges, barns, weather. Whatever we want. I wish I were going to Vegas, but I am planning to go to Wales and I cannot afford both.
I'm up for a family reunion this summer, but I think John and I are going to Maine this summer. Not positive yet so I think we can work around something.

Linda said...

Nancy, we are in the 7th row. yah whoo!! Anyway, I can't go to a family reunion this year. We have to put in for our vacation time in October the year before; so my time is planned and yeas it could be chang4d, but most of the people with kids took the summer. so I would need the who's, what's and when's before I could even begin to plan, and if Hank is on call that week, well that's another story. Boy are we complicated; we should just retire and be done with it...

Linda said...

Nancy, we are in the 7th row. yah whoo!! Anyway, I can't go to a family reunion this year. We have to put in for our vacation time in October the year before; so my time is planned and yeas it could be chang4d, but most of the people with kids took the summer. so I would need the who's, what's and when's before I could even begin to plan, and if Hank is on call that week, well that's another story. Boy are we complicated; we should just retire and be done with it...

Gma17 said...

Hey, Linda we heard you the first time..Remember you are not talking to your kids. Let's plan for next year.....Going to Garth Brooks is enough excitement for one Year....Yahoo!!!!

Mary Lesh said...

Golly everyone! What are you all doing that you can't say something here?
Anyone start looking at the price of airline tickets to Vegas? I want to get my ticket but I want to get there about the same time as everyone else so I don't have to entertain myself.
I have been really busy with real estate. OMG! we had 5 people in the office yesterday and wrote one contract. I wrote 2 contracts for outside sales over the weekend and I have 2 more buyers for outside sales and 2 more interested in the subdivision. Crazy! If feels like the good old days. I see $$$$$$$$$

nancy said...

I know Mary!! I look on here like 3 times a day.
So, no, I haven't checked airline tickets. I have to get hayle and I to FL, then I'll fly from there. I'm thinking Thursday?? I think that's what Mom said. I'm hoping Lori will babysit Hayle? Lori?
So today, my trainer kicked it up a notch and truly kicked my butt! But, I'm telling you, I look in the mirror, and I really am truly starting to like what I see! Maybe for the first time EVER! This isn't losing water weight, or temporary dieting weight. I have moved stuff! Toned, and clothes fit differently! I need to get rid of stuff! But I'm such a pack rat!

So I RAN to the ATM machine to and was rushing home so I could get to the gym for my appt. and a blind man was getting off a city bus, asking the driver is the the Paget rooms? and pointing. So I did my good deed for the day, and took his hand to get him to where he needed. But I was in a hurry, so I was saying come on, come on. haha. Still counts right?

Mary Lesh said...

Even rushing the blind is good. Hell, he probably needed to get his heart rate up. Honestly when was the last time he moved quickly?
I am going, as a guest, to the gym to do a zumba class today. It is supposed to burn 1000 calories in an hour, but I know I won't be up to par my first time. Maybe I'll burn 500 calories in an hour. That's still a lot.
I would love to like what I see in the mirror. Right now I want to throw up when I look in the mirror. It is not a pretty sight. I can't afford a trainer though. I have a lot of weight to lose before I have to worry about getting it in the right place. I'm working on it though.

nancy said...

I've heard about zumba! I hope you love it!! You're doing great Mary!
Hey, so let me know, are you coming in May -and-October? Or just October? Or do you even want to do October?

Mary Lesh said...

I'm going to do October so I can go to Vegas too.

Kathy said...

I never write because I lead a very dull life. I go to work and come home. although my plan this year is to join a new group (and I have been looking). But I want it to be interesting, and after football season.
My infusions are finally over. Had my pic line removed (that was interesting) but I still have to take antibiotics twice a day for a month.
Went out to dinner with mom and Bridget last night. Great fun and tasty.
Well, on my way to work. Maybe I'll report on that later today!

Gma17 said...

Bridget has been here for three days and we have had so much fun.....Had breakfast on the beach this morning..beautiful!! Jim was there too. yesterday we went to the mall ,had lunch at Pizza Oven nd rode along the beach...another beautiful day.then went to Mortons for cocktail hour..Kathy met us and we laughed for a few hr. fun.fun. fun. But Hank just called and said Linda is in the hospital.Same problems, but this time I think she may have to have an operation..I will keep you all posted..

Gma17 said...

OK...So far the dr. does not want to operate; but she is having more tests today..I'll keep you posted...

Mary Lesh said...

Thanks Mom, I think we should re-name the blog Mom, Kathy, Mary and Nancy Blog with the occasional Bridget and Rick.
WHERE IS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew, glad I got that off my chest. Well I am off to take a shower and get to a meeting. It is 8:45 I I just realized the meeting starts at 9:00 and I thought it started at 10:00. Do I dare go without taking a shower. Decisions, decisions.

Gma17 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GERRY!!!!!! HAVE A SUPER GREAT WONDERFUL DAY..LOVE YOU!

Mary Lesh said...

Well I am off to DE to babysit Johnny's two kids. Wish me luck. A one and a two year old, a new puppy who is not house broken, in the cold North for an entire week. I was not expecting the puppy. They got him last week. Fun, fun, fun. Bridget if you are home, give me a call. Johnny is only about an hour away. Maybe you can visit.
I better have time for pictures.

Kathy said...

Mary, just stay warm. I hear it's brutally cold up there.
I should be cleaning but the best I can do is laundry and changing the sheets on my bed. Why am I so lazy???
Going to go visit Linda today. I certainly hope she feels better. She is suppose to get up every couple of hours which is stupid because she still has a tube going through her nose, down her throat and the tube is connected to the wall. Where the hell is she suppose to go? Sitting in bed and then sitting in a chair doesn't sound like exercise to me. Plus... because of the tube going down her throat, quess what she gets to eat? She gets to suck on ice cubes!! But I'm going to try to make her happy by finding the best magazines on earth to amuse her. Wish me luck!!!

Mary Lesh said...

Day 1 with John & Laura gone. First let me say it is a balmy 14 with a wind chill of 2. The kids are great! Caroline is on a diet because she is in the 94 percentile for her weight. Apparently she can eat anything but only 16 oz of milk a day. (That's the diet)
Luckily for me they got a puppy last week. A puppy that is not house broken. I am supposed to take him out every 1/2 hour. And I can't just open the back door and let him run in the fenced in yard. I have to watch to see if he goes potty so I can give him a treat. Who are they training, me? Oh, and guess where the new puppy sleeps? in the room with me so I know if he needs anything.
I am getting a work out. They have gates to block off the kitchen and dining room so I get to step over them all day.

Mary Lesh said...

Well the first day is over and I finally have some time for myself. The puppy went to the bathroom outside 2 times today. He went in the house..let's see 3 poops and 6 pees. The last poop was runny and he was so excited when I was cleaning it up he jumped in it. Wow, I never knew I could have so much fun.
I hope this puppy doesn't run away tomorrow. That would be horrible. I'll have to be sure to keep that front door closed tight all day. You know how it is in this frigid weather, you just want to let the fresh air in and heat up the front yard.
Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Kathy said...

Linda had the tubes removed from her nose and throat and is much, much better. in fact i went to see her at 9:30 and until 2:00pm she never shut up. She had a couple days of talking to get out!!
Hopefully she will come home tomorrow night.
Mary, haven't heard from you - are you OK?

nancy said...

thanks for the update kathy! did you bring her some amazing magazines?? I need a good book to start reading, any suggestions?

so, we're starting over with a new offer on another house, NOT a short sale, so we'll see......

Kathy said...

Mary, I swear, your post was not there when I did mine!!!!!
But glad to hear the puppy has survived day 1. My fingers are crossed for it.
Nancy, when I gave Linda the magazines, I don't think she would have cared if they were covered in gold. In fact I was going to post "Well that didn't work!" but since she is so much better now, I'll give her a break. Although I'm warning her now - when she is completely better - I am telling the story of how she thought she looked like Angelina Jolie at one point. Yeah..........

Mary Lesh said...

Another day, another diaper or 10 to change. What made me think this would be fun? I have had enough fun for a month.

nancy said...

why can't i start a new post????????

OK, so everyone, we are driving 3 hours to Woverhampton (I think that's how it's spelled) on Saturday, On Sunday, Pete is competing in the Tough Guy Challenge. It is very cold, they wet, and muddy, obstacle course, with electrical things trying to shock them and all that good stuff! Hayle and I will be ARMED with our camera's, 3 in all. I hope we get enough footage. But I think all the contestants look the same once they're muddy and gross! Go to youtube and search 'tough guy'. Eeeek!

Mary Lesh said...

OMG! I just watched a youtube video on Tough Guy. Is Pete crazy?

nancy said...

yes, he is!

nancy said...

hey barb, that's the problem, I'm now using nancycalta@gmail.com

which by the way, is my email for everyone to email me

Gma17 said...

OK...My turn..Went to visit Linda yesterday.She is looking much better..She actually had food yesterday. So today she may come home. Hank will have to pick her up because my car is too low .It would be hard to get in...And I will say again..I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SNOW BIRDS TO LEAVE........ Then we will have our roads back and be able to find parking spots at Publix,etc...It has been horrible this year......exciting, right?

Mary Lesh said...

Glad to hear Linda is doing much better. I hope the doctor prescribes a 6 week recovery period to give her a little break from work.

I hear Caroline playing in her crib. I'm leaving her until I finish my coffee. These kids are really good, but they are giving me a workout. I was actually sore last night when I went to bed.
I have to climb over a gate all day to get to the kitchen. I have the puppy gated in the dining room. I'm done with him. He may be cute, but I don't have the patience to train him. Johnny and Laura will have to deal with him when they get home.

Gma17 said...

As a matter of fact, the dr. said six weeks..so that's good...I don't blame you for locking the dog up..I only like trained dogs that do what you tell them too..Today is rainy ,windy and cool.yuk.well, I have to go.Today is my day to pick up Kelly. She is talker and keeps me entertained...Good kid

nancy said...

ah well, today i waited for freaking plumber all day. he came last friday, said he didnt have the part needed, would be back on monday. i called monday asking when he was coming, he said the guy already came. i said pretty sure he didn't..... So he said he'd come today! he came 2 hours late, took a piece of the toilet to go buy a part at a store like home depot, and never came back. I called and got voice mail. is he a toilet part stealer?? I am really annoyed! HOPEFULLY he'll come back tomorrow! URGH!!