Saturday, October 16, 2010

We need a change!



Ok--I'm changing the picture because no one seems to be coming to the blog. Where is everyone? This is John at one of the restaurants in Decatur. He is practicing for Germany. This is das boot. Das is german- boot is english. It is a glass boot they fill and pass around.

16 comments:

nancy said...

Love it!!
yeah, where the heck is everyone??!! we're going to see the social network tonight.

Mary Lesh said...

What's the social network? Is it a movie, a play? Never heard of it.

Come on everyone. Won't anyone come out and play?

nancy said...

Seriously!! The Social Network is a movie about how Mark Zuckerburg started facebook and a controversy surrounding it. I was really good!
Then the next night we saw The Other Guys, it was funny, but not great.
Today, Pete flew to Valencia, Spain with a group of people from work. He had some incentive program and whoever won would go, so he's taking them. He comes back Thursday morning. Good thing because we are going to NY on Friday. I am super excited for this weekend and next week!! We'll be at Bridget's from Wednesday to Friday. A friend of Hayle's is coming with us and she's never been to NY so is REALLY excited!!
So

nancy said...

Why did I say 'so' then post it??
and the 'seriously' is because no on else on here!!!!

Mary Lesh said...

I know, seriously!! Where is everyone.
I did not know they made a movie about Mark Zuckerburg. No wonder I have been hearing so much about him lately.
You guys are such the little travel bugs. I wish I could travel more and work less. Oh, I do work less, but when I work less I don't make money and then I can't afford to travel. That part sucks. But apparently I'm happy because I don't work more.
I really need to focus on my photography. I hate real estate, although it has been paying the bills lately. Well it will be paying the bills. We wrote 6 contracts last month. That's almost as good as the good old days. We still have to close them so I haven't actually made the money yet. I had a call from an agent today who said he was going to sell one of my homes today. Yeah--more money.
I applied for an internship with a photographer in Atlanta. I made the first cut, but not the final so I decided screw them. I don't need them to help me get better. I just have to start promoting myself. I took some baby pictures last week that were way too cute. I have to get permission from the parents to post them on line. They were so freaking cute.
This Saturday I am in a photo shoot out. It is a competition between about 30 camera clubs in North Georgia. I did it once before with Barb and she had a winning photo. Sorry Barb, I didn't know I was doing it until last week. Our club has been so anti-competition.
Sunday I am doing a Trash the Dress in Atlanta. We have young girl who is going to wear a wedding dress and pose all over Atlanta. I did it once before and it was soooo much fun. I have started to surround myself with other photographers. All I ever want to do is take pictures.

Gma17 said...

OK I will tell you all my tale of woes.....Yesterday, i thought I had better get an oil change..( I hate Ford and Goodyear).So i ah the great idea to drop off the car, have Lori pick me up and I would do my laundry at Lori's ( saved myself $1.50..) i put the laundry in the washer, then in the dryer..Pushed the button, nothing happened..HMMM? Lori tried.still nothing..oh well, Lori has to get anew dryer..(There goes my $1.50, that I thought i saved) Then Good year called..Shoulda known..damn! My power steering fluid was empty and it caused a whine (??)and something was broken (tie rods?) AND I need four tires... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? In August when I told them I was driving to Chicago, they said they were fine. But of course it was 500 dollars for other crap....And we did have a blow out in Macon... so i had Lori drive me home because the car would not be ready and I told them NO TIRES!!!. So I came home, did my laundry and put some delicious left over chile on the stove. I called Kathy about all this crap and as she sympathized with me, I smelled something..Yup, burned my chile..Not all of it though..Today has to be better......

Mary Lesh said...

Mom, you need to move up here so John can work on your car. I think they are constantly ripping you off.

Gma17 said...

Oh by the way...John, that looks good but how many can you handel???

Gma17 said...

handle...and Mary I KNOW...I just told that to a friend of mine.....

Gma17 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BARB!!!!!

Mary Lesh said...

Happy Birthday Barb!

Gma17 said...

I think charlie said something last week about bad karma....OK, Charlie did you send it my way? Of couese i told you all about monday...Well, today i got up early, took kelly to school (I only do that on Wed.), came home , did a few things around the house, took a shower and got ready for my 11:00 luncheon. Went to the car.....DEAD BATTERY!!!! MY FAULT, cuase I forgot to turn the lights out...So I called Bob and asked if he had a jumper cable...he came right over, fell out of his car and had left it in reverse.the car ran into Al's car.(Al was very nice and said there was no damage..I ob up..Just scares and bruises...called the paramedics and they fixed B

Gma17 said...

Bob up and he is fine.Called allstate and they were here in 15 minutes...Well, I missed the luncheon but i have sooo much to do and I am wondering i
how long this "ood" luck will last.........aahhhhhhhhhh

Mary Lesh said...

OMG! Mom, I cannot believe what crazy days you have had. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Hope so.

nancy said...

MOM!!! What the heck!!! This is just crazy! Well, you're getting it all out of the way at once, now everything will be smooth all year!! Glad everyone is OK!!!! Glad Al was not a jerk about it. Did you get a new battery?

Mary Lesh said...

Happy Birthday Brian!