Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Even though we were a really small group, we had a really good time!!! Did you all stay up til midnight? Or did you go to bed early? what'd you do? We made it, but went immediately to bed afterwords. We had the most delish spaghetti and meatballs, and the next day a ginormous prime rib! YUM!! It was all about the food!! Right now, I'm anxiously waiting for the kennel to open to go pick up my scrumptious doggies!!!!!! Hayle has been going crazy to see them! Ok, I'm gonna head over, they open in 20 minutes!

40 comments:

Mary Lesh said...

John and I had an exciting time at Johnny's. Johnny went to a friends house and his girlfriend went to bed. Nothing like being deserted by your hosts for the evening. We were sorry we didn't go to Bridget's (an hour away) but they wanted us to stick around. I don't know why?

Bridget said...

Next year, I hope you will be at our house!!!!

Mary Lesh said...

Come on peoples? Where is everyone?

Gma17 said...

Ok, where is everybody? Oh right..Facebook. I cannot add to this because I was with all those at Bridget's/ We had a ball, like nancy said. Since coming home, it has been sooo cold. Never warming up over 52. And that is cold,with no heat. But tomorrow it is suppose to go to 70. Happy days are here again** So what is new with the rest of the Braun family?

Nancy said...

well, today I met with the personal trainer, and once again, he kicked my butt. I can barely lift my arms to type this. now I'm having a weight watchers meal and hayle and I will go to costco to have new passport photo's taken. this year we earn dual residency and can carry 2 passports!! Believe that!!!?? Hayle had no school today or yest due to snow!! Freaking cold here too!! want to try and go see that Bodies Exhibit in Birmingham this month too. that's it.

Linda said...

Yeah, 70 today and 30 tomorrow. Turn on your oven and heat lamps MOM!! The bodies exhibit is pretty neat, not gross like I had thought. Of course I had a good time because I went with Heather and Kathy; then out to lunch afterwords on the intercoastal in downtown Ft Laud. Hey, Kath, we need to do that again!! Stating diest again tomorrow!!!!!

Kathy said...

OK, I'm completely confused by Linda's blog. We went to the "Body" exhibit a couple of years ago. I keep looking at the date to see if it is an old post but it has today date. Am I in the Twilight Zone?

ps. Happy Birthday Elvis!

Linda said...

I had so much fun it just seemed like last weekend....Idiot!!
Nancy mentioned she wanted to go and I was just commenting on the fact that we went and had a good time; at least I had a good time. Apparently, you didn't think so, since you can't remember it...Whatever...
Hey, do you remember talking to me earlier today?

Nancy said...

funny. you're both getting old

Mary Lesh said...

I thought Linda was talking about the current time not two years ago. You would think Linda would have said, Kathy and I went to the Bodies Exhibit a few years ago and blah, blah, blah.
Back to the future. Linda--what day is the shuttle launch? I think you said Feb 8th. That is a Monday. What if we start by meeting there? Hank said he had plenty of time to take off. We could go shoot birds on Tuesday.

Nancy said...

bird killers

Gma17 said...

I didn't know you guys even had guns! Why birds?

Nancy said...

ok ladies. I have lost 5 pounds since we got home from Bridgets. I've been trying hard to do weight watchers, I've been to the gym 3 times (twice with the trainer) and have only had 2 glasses of wine in 9 days as opposed to the 9 I would've had!! Now I want to do it again this week!

Barbara said...

GREAT job keep up the good work.

Gma17 said...

WOW! I wish I had done that good. I lost nothing. BUT I AM FREEZING! I just heard it could be in the twenties tonight. And you cannot buy a heater any place. I have to go to bed reaL early to stay warm..No fair!

Linda said...

MOM, go to Lori's and spend the night. Hank's friend already sent us pictures of it snowing in Lakeland this morning. I just came inside and it is freezing outside and raining to boot!

Nancy, I love shooting birds. Ever since MOM ran over that egret, it's become an obsession. I was telling Mary about it and now she wants to try it. Maybe when you come over in April, we'll show you!!

Nancy said...

i have to get a gun

Mary Lesh said...

I don't actually have my own gun, but John said I could use one of his many guns. We'll see which one I choose.
In April when you come Nancy, we are going to plan to meet Vince for lunch or dinner. Bridget is planning to come along and do you remember Sue Horton? She contacted me on facebook and she wants to see Vince too. Since you are coming in on the 8th and leaving on the 10th or 11th, I thought the 9th would be a good day to plan to meet Vince. Sound good?

Nancy said...

sounds great Mary! thanks for organizing it! I definetely remember Sue's name. Maybe if I see her??

Nancy said...

where is everyone??!!!! what's new????

Mary Lesh said...

I have been working, very busy. I wrote a contract Monday, had an interview to go back into new homes Tuesday. I am supposed to start working in new homes again. I am already getting sick to my stomach because I have a schedule. I only have to work 3 days one week and 2 days the next but I feel like I am trapped. Can't seem to schedule my own personal like now.

Kathy said...

Hello everyone!! happy MLK day.
I had the day off so I went to lunch with mom and then we went shopping. Couldn't find anything and Chico's or Coldwater Creek. Tthen we went to Kohl's and we both found blouses. After I left mom's I stopped at Target and bought light bulbs and then went to Sally's for some hair dye. I know ya'll are biting you nails with anticipation of what I'm going to do next, but I've decided not to tell you. Sort of like a real thriller...to be continued

Gma17 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEEMAN!!!

Gma17 said...

Oh yes, Kathy do not keep us in suspense! Do tell us your plans..

Mary Lesh said...

Golly Kathy, you have the most exciting days off. I am waiting patiently for the continuation of your mini-series.

Nancy said...

http://todayiammadat.blogspot.com/
my new blog

Linda said...

OK, I tried to comment on your new post Nancy, but couldn't..I don't have a google account....

Nancy said...

i thought we all had to get one in order to post on this one??? That's when I set one up. huh??

Barbara said...

So you are going to have a blog that you have to figure out what you are mad about each day. So sad and negative. Should have something more positive.

Gma17 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GERRY!!

Nancy said...

I have to get it off my chest Barb, when I was done writing it, I laughed. So there

Linda said...

Nancy, I was reading it at work and started laughing out loud. I was picturing you and your "Braun" look standing there complaining over $$$$; it still makes me laugh. And then to leave the ice cream there..that was the ising on the cake for the clerk!! She's still laughing and thinking "stupid american's".....

Linda said...

oops! ICING on the cake..

Gma17 said...

OK. I read your story but couldn,t post so I will tell you .You gave me a good laugh to start the day.Things likt that make me sooo mad!!!

Kathy said...

Hey Nancy,
I tried to post on your BLOG but it wouldn't let me. And I wanted to blow off some steam.
Oh, I will let it all out right here.
Got a call at work today arounjd 1:00pm asking me when our office closes. I tell her 4:45 because I have a train to catch at 5:00. At 3:30 I get another call from this woman, she doesn't think she is going to make it, would I please wait for her. OK, now I'm mad because I already explained why I leave at 4:45. But...being the good employee that I am, I tell her fine I will wait for her. She comes in at 4:40 (if I type really fast I might just get out in time to catch my train) She wants to deposit a stock certificate into her account. I start typing and realize the stock has NO VALUE!! Are you kidding me?! When I tell her the stock is worthless she gets mad at me!!! Says I don't know what I'm talking about and to call someone. I make a few phone calls, find out the stock is worthless, and I missed my train for all that.

Linda said...

Well, I can top that. I spoke with a guy today that was mad at me because he paid $5,800 for a "party girl" that didn't show up. When I asked him what a party girl was, he said "you know." So I said your hooker didn't show up...All I could think of was how big, fat and ugly he must have been, that a hooker couldn't go thru with the dirty....Think about it..this is a guy with a black card and he can't get a date unless he pays them...jack ass...ya know, I could probably write a book with some of the stories I've heard....they are so pathetic....

Barbara said...

I think a book is a great idea.

Kathy said...

Oh yeah?! Well listen to this. Last night I did the dishes before I retired to my room for the night and this morning when I got up, I noticed that the dirty dishes fairy came to my house and piled my sink full of them!!! I don't get it. It's only me and Neil that live here and you'd of thought that Neil would have seen the little guy. (Neil stays up alot later than me) I wonder if I can get Christy and Leeman to set up some hidden cameras so I can catch the little booger.

PS.. Happy Birthday lil Ricky!

Nancy said...

so kathy, I hear you had the worst day ever?? Spill...

Kathy said...

My front tooth (it is capped) broke and fell out. I'm waiting for the dentist to call me. My guess is I'll have to have a root canal, have a pin put in and then another cap. All I need is the $$$ to do it. Hopefully they will except payments. But in the mean time I have no tooth. I was at mom's and I had to come home so I could cry, managed to drink a bottle of wine and now I'm just waiting for a phone call.
I really could have used your "MAD" blog Nancy