Thursday, October 09, 2008

Sheesh....

ok, since no one has anything to say, I'll tell you what I did yesterday. My shoulder was still hurting and had me up at 2:30am. So when Hayle and Pete left in the morning, I decided to lay back down. The couch and the morning light wasn't doing it for me, so I figured I'd throw in the towel and go back into BED. But the guy was coming to pick up the dry cleaning around 10am, so I left a note on the door to KNOCK LOUD. And off I went. I was having really bizarre dreams. So bizarre, at some point I thought my sugar must be low. One dream had me putting the dogs outside, where I found the dogs were already there, no, I now had 4 dogs, 2 and 2. I won't tell you the weirder dream! Ok, so I hear a knock on the door. I go down, grab the laundry bag and hand it to him. He's a really sweet older guy that always is so pleasant. He says, 'so the doorbell's not working, eh?' I said, no it does work. Then he was trying to ask or figure out why I had the 'knock loud' note if the bell works, or something?? My sugar was low, I couldn't put enough thought together to tell him anything, and I put my hands on either side of my head, and started shaking my head. I didn't even pretend I hadn't been sleeping, my hair was, well, you can imagine, I still had an eyemask hanging from the back of a ponytail. I just shut the door and he left. I laughed all day thinking how me must think I'm a nut case!!!! So, now I have to explain to him when he comes back!!

17 comments:

Mary Lesh said...

Good story. You are hysterical. How is your shoulder today? Hope it is better.

Anonymous said...

what a freak! He is probably going to request a different route. Why didnt have the video for that one? We all would have appreciated watching that. Well, I hope your shoulder is feeling better...

Nancy said...

OMG! I would pay to see that!! But I don't normally secretly tape myself, so I dont have one, dam. No, it still hurts. I woke up again at 2am. I cannot get comfortable. I have 2 appts next week with physio and one with the Dr. Hopefully he'll set this thing right!

Anonymous said...

Hey...could EVERYONE please post comments on my blog...i need it to look like i have a little bit of a following...in the event that I ever get customers to go there too...actually, i don't know why i want customers to go there...i want them to go to my new site and BUY...if anyone has any tips, hints, ideas on how to make my blog more interesting...pass them along at my AOL email...thanks

Anonymous said...

Everyone who is Boca Raton local...how's about a crafting day this Sunday (or next Sunday might be better)? Holidays are around the corner and I think this would be fun. Anyway, I loved it when Linda and mom came over and helped me with sewing...but we only did a few days and I have lost anything they taught me. So, who's in?

Mary Lesh said...

Lori, I went to a blogging class for real estate and they suggest that you read other blogs and comment on those to get others to go to you.

Anonymous said...

I do that (although not too much) on Wooden Spoon. But I suppose one other blog doesn't really count...I think that I know what to do...just I don't always have the time so I hope that the little bit I do will be suffice...but I guess you get back what you put out...

Gma17 said...

i am in on Sunday crafting.. Next Sunday will be great. I bet Kathy will too.. Oh by the way, on a sadder note..Liz's Mom died and her funeral is Monday.. back to the crafting now.. what should we do? I have that neat book with lots of ideas..I still have some jewelry that needs finishing too. And how about scrapbookin? That is really fun. If we do it next week , it will give us time to get some pictures together.. sound good????

Gma17 said...

oh Nancy you MUST take care of your sugar..not only for YOUR health but for the health of any one who comes to your door..

Kathy said...

Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear about Liz's mom. I thought it wasn't as bad as they said. I actually thought she was getting better. Give us Liz's address so we can send her some cards. (and her last name)

Lori, I will be there to do my crafting.

Anonymous said...

I don't go o Church anymore...but I still pray...and I will keep Liz and her Mom in my prayers

Anonymous said...

I think we should pick a craft or two for each Sunday we all get together. But that is hard, because I have so many ideas. Maybe we vote on it? We will have to discuss...

Gma17 said...

are we discussing tomorrow?? ..or are we going to start something? or are we not getting together?
ANSWERS PLEASE!!

Bridget said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Liz's Mom. I thought she was getting better too. I too will keep her in my prayers. Nancy you need to watch your sugar. Wish I was in Boca for the craft day, but no such luck.

Nancy said...

sorry it's taken me so long. Liz's address is Liz Rodriguez, 8651 Blaze Ct. Cooper City, FL 33328

wish I could do crafting. We will only have Mon & tues of next week in Ft Laud if anyone wants to do anything. We get into plam beach airport at 7pm and Scott is picking us up. We didn't rent a car, so you'd have to come up there. Mom, if you want to go to lunch, I'll take you (in your car) hahaha. And we can do a little running around. I think we'll do our shopping (target and stuff) in orlando, because pete and I are flying up on Spirit airline, and we're leaving Scott with the rest to drive up with Hayle on Saturday. So tht's our plan. If anyone's not working, or after work, would love to get together. Linda, I'm gonna try to get my quilt as much 'done' as I can so Faye can finish it up for me to make it look presentable. I don't like this one so much, but I've put too much into it to not complete. so, ok, running to get flea shampoo. how does a dog get fleas in this cold weather, I thought that was impossible??!!

Nancy said...

LOL-plam

Jen said...

does anyone know where christy has been> i need my fellow wedding planner and her blog hasn't been updated in FOREVERRRR!