i've never been to boston, but hear it is great!! In NYC, we always go to Toys R Us, American Girl Doll Store, and we did do the ride around the park pulled by some guy riding a bike, it was cool. Take a camera though whatever you do. what are you going for and for how long??
Golly, Chinatown, the Staten Island Ferry, Times Square, Broadway, Empire States Building, Wall Street, 5th Ave, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Madison Square Garden, Statue of Liberty and Liberty Island, did I leave anything out? The Brooklyn Zoo? And what about the Ed Sullivan Theatre and what's David Letterman's little sidekick with the Deli? Gotta go there. Make sure you get NY pizza. You'll never want another.
I'll be in NYC from 2/28-3/4 and Boston from 3/7-3/16. NYC is just for fun and Boston is for fun and a 4 day conference. Ummmm, i don't have brittany's number...
well, mary hit all the high spots, but also we always want to stop at the SOUP MAN from seinfeld, and we did go to lettermans CARNEGIE DELI one time when we were there. it was worth it! Great sandwich. www.carnegiedeli.com for location and all info. the other one is www.originalsoupman.com have a great time!!
Wow, there are so many places to go! Can't possibly cover it all in one trip. But you will be surprised how much you can do!! I LOVE N.Y.!!! I DO NOT Love the cold!! Have fun on your trip!! Boston sounds great also. I have never been there. Take pics!!! :)
Oh, I am soooo jealous. I love NY. From my mom's ridiculous list I would say you could narrow it down to Chinatown, Times Square, 5th Ave, Rockefellar Center, Central Park, and Madison Square Garden. I would definately call Britt (she is my favorite attraction - she is quite the character. Especially in cabs hahahah). I would definately try some museums and there are so many cool and fun restaurants.
Also I would just play my fav game in the city called Find a sewer rat and a celebrity! If you found one of each every day I would say you are an excellent player, but one of each over the course of the trip is good!
Toys R Us in times square. It has a ferris wheel inside!! And if you click over to my blog (livingintheUK) go to the july 3rd post that says 'whats new'. it is the 2nd comment on there. i hope you make it, it is totally the BEST!
YAHOO, Ricky just got acceptted into Appalachian State University yesterday. It's been a long time in coming (2 years) and a lot of sacrifices (not going to the Dolphins vs Eagles football game)but it has all paid off. I'm soo proud of him. Go Ricky !!!!
Congradulations Ricky!!!!!! And Charlie where are you staying in New York? Brittany does not come home from Milan until the night of the 29th, but I'm sure she would love to see you. In New York you must go to Serindippity for dessert. Tavern on the Green is a huge tourist attraction & restaurant that I love. Its in all the movies.
hey, guess what we have? A milkman! How old fashioned is that! I had to put the empty bottles out tonight, and he delivers milk and apple juice tomorrow morning and mondays.
when you go to NYC be sure to hit up one of those back room alley's for some prime purse real estate (i need a new coach!)....lol! no but really, i just love to shop. there is a small restaurant in grenich (can't spell) village ...it was a street cafe, my friend john and i loved it. very cute. go see a broadway show! i have recommendations that i will NOT post on here:) ask if you are interested. boston, never been there, go see your girl :) i bet that's what you were already planning on doing anyway!!! miss you char char!
First of all- Congrats Ricky! Things like this always feel better when you work so hard for them.
Next- Charlie, I highly recommend checking out these guides that are posted on my favorite blog (other than this one!). They are shopping/design oriented, but they're usually some good food recommendations too. http://www.designspongeonline.com/category/guides
And for museums- I recommend MOMA and the Guggenheim over the Met. Although the Guggenheim and Met are much closer together. The Met is just so gigantic and full of ancient art- think: Greek Statues and royal relics. MOMA (as the name: Museum of Modern Art implies) is modern and more fun to me. You'll see Picasso (I think his famous Guernica is there) and VAn Gogh (don't miss Starry Night). The Guggenheim is also modern/contemporary. I don't know much about their permanent collection, but I've enjoyed the exhibitions I've seen there. I would check to see what exhibits are at all three before you go. I went to the Met to see Jackie O's wardrobe temporarily on display and it was so worth it! Also the NY Public Library usually has some good exhibits- although I've never been. The building is amazing and it sits on Bryant Park (home to Fashion Week although that's all temporary structures that you won't see). But Bryant Park has some decent food- sandwich shops and soup places that if the weather is nice, it's fun to eat in the park.
For the night spots, hit up the Chelsea District. Lots of friendly bars walking distance apart.
It's hard to miss because it's one of the biggest subway stops, but Union Station (at the top of the Village) is one of those great parks that always has something going on during the weekend (farmer's market with local arts and crafts, dog shows, etc.) and there are always street performers (the major players) breakdancing and stuff. I've spent hours there just watching people.
If you're not familiar with what H&M is... oh you are info such a treat!!! It's a clothing shop that is super cheap and has great, stylish stuff. Go online and get all their locations. Print them up and put them in your wallet. There's one in every major part of town and you'll want to stop in.
I wish I could give you similar info on Boston. I would say that Faneuil Hall is supposed to be a huge deal- it's a marketplace with tons of good food- go hungry. And go to Legal Seafood for their clam chowder. It's been served at presidential inaugurations for years and it's great! Other than that- there's a campus-y area near MIT that I remember being really cute for coffee shops, cafes and shopping.
22 comments:
Go see Brittany in NYC
i've never been to boston, but hear it is great!! In NYC, we always go to Toys R Us, American Girl Doll Store, and we did do the ride around the park pulled by some guy riding a bike, it was cool. Take a camera though whatever you do. what are you going for and for how long??
First Happy Birthday to Lori, Kathy, and Jennifer, boy where does all the time go? Charlie, call Brittany. When are you going to NYC and for how long?
Golly, Chinatown, the Staten Island Ferry, Times Square, Broadway, Empire States Building, Wall Street, 5th Ave, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Madison Square Garden, Statue of Liberty and Liberty Island, did I leave anything out? The Brooklyn Zoo? And what about the Ed Sullivan Theatre and what's David Letterman's little sidekick with the Deli? Gotta go there. Make sure you get NY pizza. You'll never want another.
I'll be in NYC from 2/28-3/4 and Boston from 3/7-3/16. NYC is just for fun and Boston is for fun and a 4 day conference. Ummmm, i don't have brittany's number...
well, mary hit all the high spots, but also we always want to stop at the SOUP MAN from seinfeld, and we did go to lettermans CARNEGIE DELI one time when we were there. it was worth it! Great sandwich. www.carnegiedeli.com for location and all info. the other one is www.originalsoupman.com have a great time!!
Wow, there are so many places to go! Can't possibly cover it all in one trip. But you will be surprised how much you can do!! I LOVE N.Y.!!! I DO NOT Love the cold!! Have fun on your trip!! Boston sounds great also. I have never been there. Take pics!!! :)
Oh, I am soooo jealous. I love NY. From my mom's ridiculous list I would say you could narrow it down to Chinatown, Times Square, 5th Ave, Rockefellar Center, Central Park, and Madison Square Garden. I would definately call Britt (she is my favorite attraction - she is quite the character. Especially in cabs hahahah). I would definately try some museums and there are so many cool and fun restaurants.
Also I would just play my fav game in the city called Find a sewer rat and a celebrity! If you found one of each every day I would say you are an excellent player, but one of each over the course of the trip is good!
I know I am going to think of 20 more places in a second. Nancy, do you mean FAO Schwartz or do you really go to Toys R Us?
What is the recipe for your tomato soup?
Toys R Us in times square. It has a ferris wheel inside!! And if you click over to my blog (livingintheUK) go to the july 3rd post that says 'whats new'. it is the 2nd comment on there. i hope you make it, it is totally the BEST!
YAHOO, Ricky just got acceptted into Appalachian State University yesterday. It's been a long time in coming (2 years) and a lot of sacrifices (not going to the Dolphins vs Eagles football game)but it has all paid off. I'm soo proud of him. Go Ricky !!!!
WOW!! That is FANTASTIC!! Go Ricky, go ricky......Congratulations!
CONGRATULATIONS Ricky. When do you start.
Congratulations Ricky!!! Yeah!
Congradulations Ricky!!!!!! And Charlie where are you staying in New York? Brittany does not come home from Milan until the night of the 29th, but I'm sure she would love to see you. In New York you must go to Serindippity for dessert. Tavern on the Green is a huge tourist attraction & restaurant that I love. Its in all the movies.
hey, guess what we have? A milkman! How old fashioned is that! I had to put the empty bottles out tonight, and he delivers milk and apple juice tomorrow morning and mondays.
That is so cool! Did you just realize it or is it new?
when you go to NYC be sure to hit up one of those back room alley's for some prime purse real estate (i need a new coach!)....lol! no but really, i just love to shop. there is a small restaurant in grenich (can't spell) village ...it was a street cafe, my friend john and i loved it. very cute. go see a broadway show! i have recommendations that i will NOT post on here:) ask if you are interested. boston, never been there, go see your girl :) i bet that's what you were already planning on doing anyway!!! miss you char char!
First of all- Congrats Ricky! Things like this always feel better when you work so hard for them.
Next- Charlie, I highly recommend checking out these guides that are posted on my favorite blog (other than this one!). They are shopping/design oriented, but they're usually some good food recommendations too.
http://www.designspongeonline.com/category/guides
And for museums- I recommend MOMA and the Guggenheim over the Met. Although the Guggenheim and Met are much closer together. The Met is just so gigantic and full of ancient art- think: Greek Statues and royal relics. MOMA (as the name: Museum of Modern Art implies) is modern and more fun to me. You'll see Picasso (I think his famous Guernica is there) and VAn Gogh (don't miss Starry Night). The Guggenheim is also modern/contemporary. I don't know much about their permanent collection, but I've enjoyed the exhibitions I've seen there. I would check to see what exhibits are at all three before you go. I went to the Met to see Jackie O's wardrobe temporarily on display and it was so worth it! Also the NY Public Library usually has some good exhibits- although I've never been. The building is amazing and it sits on Bryant Park (home to Fashion Week although that's all temporary structures that you won't see). But Bryant Park has some decent food- sandwich shops and soup places that if the weather is nice, it's fun to eat in the park.
For the night spots, hit up the Chelsea District. Lots of friendly bars walking distance apart.
It's hard to miss because it's one of the biggest subway stops, but Union Station (at the top of the Village) is one of those great parks that always has something going on during the weekend (farmer's market with local arts and crafts, dog shows, etc.) and there are always street performers (the major players) breakdancing and stuff. I've spent hours there just watching people.
If you're not familiar with what H&M is... oh you are info such a treat!!! It's a clothing shop that is super cheap and has great, stylish stuff. Go online and get all their locations. Print them up and put them in your wallet. There's one in every major part of town and you'll want to stop in.
I wish I could give you similar info on Boston. I would say that Faneuil Hall is supposed to be a huge deal- it's a marketplace with tons of good food- go hungry. And go to Legal Seafood for their clam chowder. It's been served at presidential inaugurations for years and it's great! Other than that- there's a campus-y area near MIT that I remember being really cute for coffee shops, cafes and shopping.
Hope that helps!
holy crap melissa. I know who to ask when I need travel advice. but seriously, are you bored??
I was at home by myself last night waiting for Lost to start... yes I was bored.
And I tend to get a little wordy!
But anytime you want to send me somewhere in advance of your travels to give you advice... by all means!
Thank you everyone for all the input. I'm really excited about the trip. Bridget, I'll be staying with a friend on W 15th b/t 7th and 8th.
Post a Comment