Wednesday, June 13, 2007
James McAndrew
I'm not sure how many of you will find this interesting, but I certainly did. I have to start by saying that I find journaling to be the most amazing hobby and I just finished reading through a journal I kept for all 4 years of college. It was quite entertaining and was shocked about some of the decisions I've made and the experiences I have had over the past coupld of years. Maybe it will provide insight on my life to others down the road when I'm famous or atleast i'm related to someone famous, haha. Anyway, I've been reading through James McAndrew's journal, which has been very interesting and I thought I should type it up so it could be shared with others. His journal was much more insightful than mine. Feel free to take a look at what I call his "March of thoughts".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
30 comments:
Charlie, I can't read his "March of thoughts"
i fixed it. try again
wow...that's alot of reading...it's gonna take me awhile...Didn't he have any pictures???
I will have to respond later after I have read his March thoughts.
I have to plead ignorance and ask who James McAndrew is? Are we talking of James McAndrew of OUR McAndrew family? Reading this, I don't think it is. I guess I could be wrong. I need to know more about the person. And why do you have their journal? I havent read it all, but I can't get beyond really wanting to know a little background.
Insight please?
James McAndrew is G-Ma's dad, your mom's grandpa and your great granddad. I've read the journal many times. Unfortunately he's so over my head that it's still taking me years to try to understand it all. He truly was the smartest man in the world!!! I wish everyone could have known him.
Wow! That was a surprise to open the blog and see James McAndrew on the title.I was wondering how that happened and where was I? He was so smart. Bridget would ask me a question about history or something I didn't know and I would tell her to call Grandpa. She's look at me and roll her eyes and say" He'll tell much more than what I really need". And he did!. But we all missed him when he left. I wonder what he would think of the world today. WOW!
I am glad Melissa asked the question I was asking myself all day. Who is James McAndrew? I assumed it was family until I started reading it and it was really deep. Then I thought why would Charlie have someone's journal so I figured it was a pubished journal. I even "googled" him and the first thing that came up was some voice over professional. Anyway I am much more interested to read what our great grandpa wrote and I am wondering why some of those smarts didn't make it to me.
so christy, you don't think we're deep thinkers? why? that's so weird. Ok, so am I going to fget to see everyone in August??!!! I'm SO excited!! Yippee! And I want to be in a movie. I had to act one time when I was working as a supervisor at AmEx. Really we were practicing and I had to walk in and act really MAD about something. I did really good at it, surprisingly. We ended up not doing it, but I know I could have pulled it off. Do you have any mean or mad parts in the movie?
It reminds me of Socrates or something...I have to reread everything twice to understand what the heck he is saying!
Kathy I thought you didn't really know grandpa. That's what you told Uncle Russ. Anyway how did Charlie get his journal? So much is going on with this blog. Lori's business, Christie's & Lemann's movie. I need more time to look at everyone's blog. Count me in for the movie, I can also speak with an accent, or Chinese.
okay then Bridget and I will be foreigners since we are good with accents...can't wait for my acting debut...excited to see everyone.
I watched "Joel Osteen" instead of going to church today. I'm cleaning out the garage today and making many trips to the dumpster.
The sale of my house has been put on hold for just a little while. Which gives me some breathing room.
HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all you men out there!!
Happy Father's Day !!!
I watch him all the time, Kathy. What's going on with the house?
Happy Father's day. Heather we have not met yet, but how do you feel about acting? I look forward to meeting you when I am down there the first weekend in Aug. Tell Brian Happy Father's day.
For all the actors on board I think we have some good ideas for a script. I just worry this is going to be a feature length film.
Yeah G-ma and I are going to brush up on our acting skills this weekend, I need to make sure she is where she needs to be at with her acting. But I am lookig forward to it!
Drumroll please..... I think the movie is going to be a mockumentary of a Rock, Paper, Scissor Championship. I picture everyone taking great care of their hands and wrists. When they pass one another on the streets it looks like they are throwing gang signs, but they throw a rock, paper, or scissor. I am doing my best to incorporate all requests in the movies, but I don't think eveeryone can be a foreigner. Don't worry Lori and Bridget you have accents. Stay tuned for more details.....
WILL i BE MEAN/MAD OR FALLING ASLEEP. i'M LAUGHING JUST THINKING ABOUT IT. iT WILL BE HARD TO HAVE A STAIGHT FACE, BUT i'LL PRACTICE.
I talked to my mom and she was the only American on her flight so I am pretty certain her accent will be fresh and ready to go. She might even come back with a permanent one b/c I know she gets really in to it & does not even notice when she starts talking Chinese. When I was talking to her before she got onto the plane I was noticing a slight flair in her voice already.
Happy Birthday Mary. I didn't want to show any special treatment to you so since I was late with everyone elses card, your's will be late too. Love ya.
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to MaryEllen and Rick!!!!
Hope you both have a wonderful day.
Thank you Rick and Kathy. Happy Birthday Rick. Don't worry about the late card. You will not receive one from me as usually. Apparently I decided to boycot the postal service years agao. I hate to mail things. I do have a huge assortment of birthday cards I have collected over the years with very good intentions. I'm thinking of opening a store. I could name it "It's the Thought That Counts"
Happy Birthday Mary and Rick. Even though I was clearly awake before all of you, Rick and Kathy beat me to it! Urgh! I've been busy with the stinking fundraising crap at school. plus we are painting the house and i've been in the room hiding while he's here. But have a great day!!
kathy, need to talk to you about october. when do you want to come over??
What are the dates that everyone is planning to be in So Fl? Ricky needs to be in Boone on (Friday) July 27th so he can sign up for classes for this fall. I hope it's the weekend after that for Fla (Aug 4th).
Happy Birthday Mom and Ricky!
Nancy, are you hiding from Pete, or the painter. If it's the painter, why hide..You are paying him aren't you? Happy B-Day Rick and Mary. I'm like you Mary, I have great intentions, but never follow thru...It must be a Braun thing...maybe a McAndrew thing...Mom does it alot...must be McAndrew..
I hate to mail stuff too! I must have gotten that from you, mom. Your mouth and the deep loathing of sending mail. I've driven on an expired tag for months because I never sent away the form. I almost had my homeowner's insurance cancelled recently because the envelope was still in my purse (postage and all). And I think you all know how long it took me to get my wedding thank yous out... (how embarassing!).
So thanks for the clarification on James McAndrew. I kept thinking that's who it was, but for some reason it didn't add up to me. With all the political references, I thought maybe it was a politician and so I googled too (great minds think alike!) and found some senator in NYC. And I thought- wow, Charlie must be really into politics to be reading the journals of lowly former senators from NY.
I'm worried I won't make it to FLA. I have to see what I can do to go. I'm broke and I'm running low on vacation time. I accrue time at work, and I'm already in debt with my vacation time because of my honeymoon. But I'm going to work on it... I have some good ideas for the movie.
Work real hard on Melissa. Tony says he would like to come. He still has a voucher with some airline. Of course I would like him to use that at Christmas. The likelihood that Tony will save money is, well just not likely. I think we are heading for a feature film instead of a 5 minute skit. But that's okay.
I have produced a 30 minute vacation video! I know you are all dying to see it! well, it is cute and mostly it's just music put to video and pictures, but I like it. And yes, i was hiding from the painter. he was annoying me too, because he was as sloppy a painter as i am and that's why i wasn't painting. now i have to clean up paint droplets from the floors, but all in all, i love the new paint colors! we painted 5 rooms plus the hallway from the front door to the 3rd floor, woohoo! anyway, have to get busy doing stuff. I am SOO excited I'll see everyone in FL!!!!!
Post a Comment