Thursday, January 03, 2013

2013


What ever your plans are for this year may they all be safe, healthy and happy!

21 comments:

nancy said...

You too Mary! What a great holiday we've had, so a great start!! We got back yesterday, managed to stay up late and a great nights sleep too! Today, I'm taking down the decorations and waiting around for a bag to be delivered. Next week starts the work out regime!! YEAH! Bring it on! (Did I sound sincere?) As I say it sitting here in my pyjamas thinking about what to eat for breakfast?
I'm thinking of having alot of travel plans this year.
Ok, gotta go eat now......

Gma17 said...

happy New Year everyone.. By the way I just had a call from Doris.There is another "Miller" reunion this summer. It is the end of July. It will be in N.Y not far ffrom otisville. I will give you all details later on...it will mean Hotels etc. ..Any way i will let you all know.Of course the only one reading this is nancy and MaryEllen and me... sooooo.

nancy said...

I know, right?? nobody wants to play anymore. what a lazy day we had today. well, me anyway. pete went to the gym this morning and yoga tonight. i cooked and watched tv all day. oh well.
mom we called carol today because it was her birthday. and she asked what the heck was the pictures of the police at our house about?? She said, I know Mary was there so there couldn't have been trouble?? I said, well that's the problem, she wasn't there!! So, next time....you have to be there!! hahahaha

nancy said...

wasn't it the millers who sent us to the motel 6?? I don't think I'll make it. Everyone must remember pete's planning a big party at our house for my 50th, so I hope everyone comes to that!!

Gma17 said...

That was not the Miller's...that was the Braun's..And of course we will be there for your 50th..but I will keep the cops away!!

Mary Lesh said...

So many travel plans already! Of course I am starting this year by going to NYC to pick up Adam--he is moving to Atlanta. Looks like there might be a trip to Otisville and then a trip to FL and we scheduled a trip to Maine this year. I am so excited. We are taking our little camper and we are actually taking a 2 week vacation. I don't think John and I have done that ever. It's always a long weekend. We did go to Italy for 8 days. And I went to Wales for 2 weeks but that is about it.
Did you know there are 60 lighthouses in Maine? Something tells me I am not going to make to all of them on this trip. But there is always next year.
I have started Zumba classes at the gym and of course I am still going to my trainer. I am going to add yoga. Look at Lori--I don't think she has ever picked up a weight--for a workout or training--and she has so much definition. I also need better balance. My trainer makes me lift weights (not a lot--like 8 lbs) on one leg. I can never do it. I do one and put my leg down. Then the next and put my leg down. I am pathetic. But no longer. This year I WILL GET IN SHAPE--a shape that is not round and lumpy.
2013 is going to be a Great Year!!!

ricky b said...

Hey, I look at this blog too, ya know. Wow, I love reunion's, get me the dates so I can plan. I love to travel too. Yea, 2013 starting off nice, although, I need to stick to my gym workout too, seems the older you get, the harder it is to stay in shape.. Can't wait to hear all the details...

Gma17 said...

well, the reunion sounds good but the timing may be bad...Pete is giving Nancy a 50th birthday bah here in Lighthouse Point. Her birthday is the 5th of Aug. so we wil have to wait and see. Wouldn't miss Nancy's bash for anything..hey about tonight..Go "IRISH".

Gma17 said...

Not Bah...bash!

nancy said...

sorry mom about the miller/braun mistake. but that's not why I said we couldn't go, it's because it's too close to mine.
so we started today with an argument. I took Hayle's phone away as a punishment, but forgot she uses it as an alarm. But she still has an hour to get ready, she's just grumpy!
Mary, that sounds amazing!! I bet Maine will be AMAZING!! I've never been, but imagine it to be beautiful!!! And a 2 week vacation?!?!! Unheard of!!!

Mary Lesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Lesh said...

I had to delete my last comment because I couldn't edit. I left a word out and it made it confusing.


I know--2 week vacation--I am very excited about it.
I will definitely make it to your birthday. I will mark my calendar now. Wow, my little sister is going to be 50? Where did the time go?
Rick, I know what you mean about it being so much harder to stay in shape, as we get older. I have been going to a trainer for a year and I am still round. I am stepping it up a notch this year. I tried to go to the gym more often but this year it is a must. I got a fitbit for Christmas that monitors my steps. I started out with about 3600-3900 steps a day. Then I wore it to the gym and it seemed to add a lot more. I realized I get a badge every time I go over 5,000. steps. Now I am taking it off during my workout and trying for 5,000. minimum per day. I have added Zumba and yoga to my workout. I feel like getting into a shape that is not round is a full time job.

nancy said...

I'm with you Mary! I'm on your side!! Go Mary, Go Mary!!

Mary Lesh said...

Hey everyone!!! Wake up!! It's 2013 where the hell is everyone? What are some of your resolutions? A few years ago instead of new years resolutions I started to create a list of 52 things (kind of a bucket list) I want to for the year.(One for each week) I have not created this years list. Of course I swore I was going to be more prepared for things this year. So I am not off to a good start. I know every year I had take a cooking class on my list and I never did it. This year I gave Christy and Melissa a gift card for a cooking class. That was my way of ensuring I would take a class because I know they are going to. Ha ha, I am so smart. Anyway, you can make it easy and do a 12 item list--one for each month.
What do you all plan to accomplish this year?

nancy said...

work out 4 times a week. there, I've said it. now it's in writing, and you all read it. Well, Mom and Mary have.

Mary Lesh said...

Good for you Nancy. I have been working out as much as possible. I have gone to 3 Zumba classes, 2 yaga classes, and a class with my trainer plus John and I went on a bike ride Sunday. I am also eating better--not as good as I should but definitely better. It helps that John wants to lose weight too. Finally, he sees he needs to lose weight too.

ricky b said...

Mary, Please tell me more about your yaga class, it sounds tough.

Mary Lesh said...

Come on people? Where is everyone? I am in Delaware right now. Adam is moving to Atlanta and I am picking him up tomorrow. I left yesterday morning because we were expecting really bad weather and road conditions. I left a day early to avoid that. Of course the high is 25 degrees. Too cold for me. Adam and I will stay at Johnny's tomorrow night and then we are stopping at Rick's Sunday. We'll finish the drive Monday.

I have had the day with Hunter and Caroline. They are at such a good age although, Hunter never shuts up. It's Grandma, grandma, grandma--non-stop. I only get a reprieve when he goes to bed. We had an argument today because he would not let me use the biggest monster truck. I told him I was bigger so I should get the biggest monster truck. He told me I could use the biggest small monster truck. Then he said I could use 2 little monster trucks but he would not let me use the biggest monster truck--so I quit playing. He let me have the biggest monster truck. You just have to work it!

Gma17 said...

So glad you won that fight. Fighting with a youngster is usually useless.. You're a winner.. You are really lucky...Nothing new here. Just getting ready to go to Church.Then kathy will be coming down. We will be going to Nancy's. Went over there this week to do my laundry and noticed that her laundry was still in the hamper..I guess she will want clean sheets when she gets here..By the way, we babysat Jimmy last week and he let us play with any thing we wanted to. No fighting at all..

Mary Lesh said...

I guess I will have to wait for the kids to turn 30 and have a cast on their leg so they won't argue with me either.

I have laundry here that needs to be done. If you want to do your laundry here you can. Just saying!

nancy said...

FINALLY!! Someone said something!! This blog is dying. :-(
Mary, I'm glad you won, little kids must learn to play with the big kids.
So I'm packing today. But I couldn't sleep last night!! Up past 3am!! UGH!! I have so much to do today, it's raining and Cody is crying he wants to eat and go out!!
Ok, let me get started!!