Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Let the Holidays Begin!

 I think Mom makes a good looking Queen. She really should have been an actress.



We took it outside but it was a little cooler once we sat down to eat. We should have left it inside.

17 comments:

nancy said...

Ah! I've been waiting for a new post!! And Thanksgiving pictures!! What a crowd!! Well done you!! Who's missing? (the 2 empty chairs by Gerry) Who did all that cooking??
We had a Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday, and ate the last of the leftovers today, it was delicious! I love turkey!

Gma17 said...

Great picture! It was a fabulous Thanksgiving. Could not ask for anything more..Good food, good company..Couldn't ask for anything more...

Mary Lesh said...

For those of you wanting a cure for a hangover you can get advice from Melissa at

http://atlanta.eater.com/archives/2012/11/29/hangover-cure-1.php

Mary Lesh said...

Golly everyone, where are you all?
I started a new diet--lifestyle last Monday. I decided to start a blog to mark my voyage to A Brand New Me--hence the name Look, A Brand New Me! It is just an account of how I am changing my way of eating and working out, I thought it would help me when I hit a plateau to look back at some of my struggles.
Anyone interested can join me and/or comment and/or just read.
Here is a link
http://lookabrandnewme.blogspot.com/

Mary Lesh said...

Oh, if anyone wants to post, let me know and I will add you to that.

Gma17 said...

Mary, That is the best Christmas present you can give yourself.Smart move!! Kathy and lindsey cooked a turkey dinner yesterday and i overate and gained 3 pounds so back on my diet today..The dinner was much too good then Lindsey and Brad treated us to a trip to a park where there were lots and lots of beautiful Christmas lights.. It was a great day..

Mary Lesh said...

Who is Brad? Ha ha, I know it was a typo. Anyway, I am glad you had such a great day. Sounds really fun. The boat parad should be coming up soon. I really want to enjoy those simple things this year. If only I could quit working. Oh well. That is not going to happen.
I hate that we are not going to Bridget's this year. Especially since we already broadcast it everywhere. I thought the kids had it all figured out. Well next year it will be awesome because I have made my kids promise to get off if it means they have to quit their jobs.
I just read a Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens and it was such an easy read and so enjoyable. He writes like he is talking to you. You can download it from Amazon.com for free if you have a kindle. Mom, you can download a free kindle on your apple. A lot of the classics can be downloaded for free.
To all you avid readers there is a website www.goodreads.com
it is all about books. You can join book clubs or just read reviews about books. You can rate the books you have read. Christy just told me about it and I can't stay off it.

nancy said...

Mary, that's a great idea! Def let me post to it! I've accomplished nothing! I wanted to get in better shape for my 50th, but have not lost a pound! In fact, i gained 5 last night!!! Swear to God! 5 pounds!! In one night!! Really aggravates me! And I'm going out tonight with a friend. Well, I feel good, I work out hard, and I feel like I don't look too bad, I'm not going to beat myself up. But I will continue to make an effort.

WHERE IS EVERYONE else?!?!

Mary Lesh said...

I don't know where everyone is. I feel like this is our own personal blog sometimes.

nancy said...

Up good and early today!! Took Cody to the kennel and straight to the gym!! Albeit 10 minutes lates due to the crappy morning traffic! Then ate some good food, showered, cleaning girls are here, packed up, and will catch the train in a little bit. Meeting Hayle at the train station, she's coming straight from school. Then Pete's picking us up in Slough (near Heathrow. We'll stay in a Holiday tonight. And catch a 6 am flight tomorrow to Vienna!!! So, so, so excited!! It's supposed to snow Saturday!! So cold!!! Mulled wine to warm us up!! Christmas Market here we come!!!

Mary Lesh said...

Lucky, lucky you!! How exciting. Can't wait to see some pictures

Gma17 said...

How exciting! I am waiting for bridget to get here. She is coming over till tomorrow. it will be a fun couple of days.I am looking forward to it..I think i will turn on some Christmas music.Yes, i will!

nancy said...

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! I always wish I was with you every time!!! Can't wait for New Years!!

ricky b said...

Your right Nancy, I can't wait for next year too...

Mary Lesh said...

Wouldn't it be great if we all--really--ALL of us could be together again for the holidays? That is the only thing that is ever missing from the perfect holidays!
Love you all.

nancy said...

Yes Mary! Wouldn't that be great! We could try for next year???

Gma17 said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!