Nancy, the remote was next to me so I just grabbed the first thing around..I wonder oif anyone saw me standing on the walkway with my tv remote pointed at the car...:)
Yesterday I managed to step off my porch backwards without hitting any steps and not falling, but I seemed to have crushed the muscle in my heel. I honestly don't know what I was thinking but I stepped back--obviously wide enough to miss 3 steps-- and came down so hard on my heel I thought I broke it. I am proud of myself for keeping my balance--though I do not think it was real graceful. I went to the urgent care clinic nearby for xrays but no broken bones. I guess I should be glad, but it hurts so bad I feel ridiculous for going to the doctor. It is not even bruised. Pisses me off. If I am going to hurt, I want proof.
Now that had to be a fancy step.down three steps backwards??I am surprised you didn't fall.You ave great balance, that's for sure....Any way..feel better!
why would you go down 3 steps backwards?? But I think I know the pain you're talking about, it'll just take time. I hurt my elbow going down the waterslide this summer. no blood, no bruise, but when I put my elbows on the table sometimes it was fine, sometimes it was excruciating!! Hard to explain to a Dr. but I did. He said just give it time to heal. That was July, now it's October, it's a little better, but like you, I want proof of what's going on in there!! So, I'm going to pull the suitcases out of the attic today to start thinking about what to bring!! So excited!! So here's my plan. so far;
Saturday, get some food and lay around by the pool.
Sunday, church, beach, watch football
Monday, have some appointments, and hit the mall and Target (my favourite!!!)
Tuesday, go to Bridgets
Wednesday, lay around the pool/beach, Halloween
Thursday, I think Dana may come down for a couple nights. Seeing Paranormal Activity 4!!!
Friday, beach, mall
Saturday, pool/beach, pack of course there's Brusco's, charm city burger, and mexican must haves, and an egg roll!!
I don't know what I was thinking? John says I wasn't. I had been sitting on the steps brushing Coco and got up to put the brushes on the plant table and just stepped off backwards. I am glad I stepped way back otherwise I might have stepped in the middle of the stairs and totally lost my balance. Of course then I might have actually broken something and everyone could "see" my pain. The doctor could have at least ordered me a boot or something to wear so I would look like I had pain. Maybe I should have skipped the doctor and just gone to a medical supply store and picked up the appropriate gear. Next time.
I wish I could come down to see you while you are here Nancy. If I had broken my foot I would have been able to get out of work. And I would have no problem driving because it is my left foot. I'll try something else this week and see what I can break/bruise. I guess I should have done my own diagnosis. I'll do that next time too. Damn doctors think they know everything. X-rays don't always tell the truth. Now that I think about it I didn't like the angle the girl used. I'll bet the X-ray just didn't see the break because of the angle. Hmmmm. Of course it feels a lot better today so now that I think of it it probably isn't broken. Oh well.
I found a piece of property I really wanted, so I took John to see it. He was really excited until we got there. Then I heard me telling him things I hear me tell my clients. He came around and said your are right, put in an offer. Now of course I am backing down. Am I trying to sell him? OMG! But I believe what I am saying. I thought it was a beautiful piece of land in a great location. There was only one draw back the neighbors house can be seen from the back of this house. Hmm. Is that soo bad. It's not close. I told him we need to go look again and walk the property lines. I like to think I do not really try to "sell" my clients. I do try to tell them like it is because so many of them have no clue what is really going on in the market. You cannot listen to the news. They really don't know what they are talking about.. Well, we will take another look at the property and see what John thinks. I am going to let him make the decision. I will say when we came home he said, "The more I think about it the more I think this is it." I'll keep you posted.
UGH!!! I cannot sleep tonight! We saw Skyfall tonight. I thought it was just ok, for a Bond movie. Tomorrow we're going to Stratford Upon Avon to see The Merry Wives of Windsor, Shakespeare. And Thursday is 'Beaujolais Day'. We are having a lush lunch in Cardiff Castle. I'll have to sneak a couple pictures!
Lucky Nancy! I would love to see the Merry Wives of Windsor. Especially in Stratford upon Avon. How very cool! Mom, you are lucky too to have Genardi's pizza. Now I will tell you all how lucky I am. John is moving along with the renovations on the Scotty. We are going to St. Mary's tomorrow until Wednesday. The camper is not really complete but we have a bed and the dinette. The floor is done, curtains are done and one bench for the dinette and the bed. The outside is pretty much complete. I'm sure you will be seeing my pictures in the next couple of days. What a lucky family we have. Just think about all of us. We are all lucky / blessed to have wonderful husbands/wives/kids. The best Mom in the world and we are all healthy, safe and happy. It don't get any better than that!!!
I am lucky I slept 12 HOURS LAST NIGHT!!! omg I was so tired! Only 3 the night before! I woke up and the SUN IS OUT!! The sky is blue! And it is crisply cold out!! I want to go into Cardiff but Hayle seriously needs to clean the mess in the front room and do some homework! Crap, what to do, what to do???? We've never participated in Beaujolais Day before. Do you know what it is? In France, on the third Thursday in November every year, at midnight, they open the first bottles of Beaujolais Nouveau and thousands of celebrants drink this young wine from the Burgandy region (Can you tell I copied that??) The wine is then transported to the UK early in the morning so that it can be enjoyed here. It's a pretty big thing here. Most restaurants have something going on around it. It'll be our first! On Monday I have my eyes checked for diabetes. Nothing else next week except for the gym. I can't seem to lose any weight. I go up and down 2-3 pounds constantly. And I'm eating so much better. What the heck? frustrating!
THOSE POSTS WERE SO GREAT AND THEN NANCY HAD TO MENTION WEIGHT...I HAVE TO LOSE THE 10 POUNDS I HAVE GAINED.........MEANWHILE, II'M OFF TO CHURCH AND THEN TO GENARDI'S AND THEN TO NANCY'S HOUSE . I WILL DO MY LAUNDRY.......
Don't feel bad Nancy, I have been up and down 7 pounds since I had to take that frickn steroid for my crushed heel. Of course I am not eating right but I still think it has to do with the steroid. I haven't been getting the cardio either because my heel still hurts. I know I could ride a bike instead of the elliptical or treadmill, but then I would have to get up and go to the gym. Right now I have an excuse, my heel hurts. But lucky me, I can always find an excuse! I am full of them.
Just got back from our maiden voyage with a renovated "Scotty." Actually it is a partially renovated Scotty. Everything were great even though we forgot so many things. John brought in some totes from our last camping trip and said, "go through these." I lifted the lid and thought, "looks like the stuff we brought on our last trip. Guess I don't have to pack everything." I probably should have done more than glance at the top of the tote. Maybe I would have realized there were no cups, no salt & pepper, no condiments (why I thought those would be in there I don't know). Needless to say we had to go to the store several times to pick up things we "forgot." Our newly half renovated "Scotty" was great. It was comfortable, cozy and just enough room for the two of us. We went to Cumberland Island and had such a great time. OMG! I really want to go back again. There is absolutely nothing to do on the island but hike and take pictures. I will say I did a fabulous job of preparing for that trip. I knew there were no stores, no supplies, no nothing on the island. We carried more food than we could have ever eaten. We had plenty to drink and enough time to hike more than 6 miles. We say 12 of the 150 wild horses. Not one ran nor did any fight but I got pictures. They just don't look like "wild" horses but they are. I guess that is all that matters. It is the main reason for me wanting to go to that island. We collected so many shells. OMG! there were dozens of beautiful shells including conch shells. We found some huge conch shells that still had conch so we could not take them. We were not allowed to take anything living from the island. It really was a beautiful island. The camp we went to was very neat and clean and rather quiet. We practically had the park to ourselves. Wouldn't you know someone parked right next door to us the last two nights. Really? They couldn't pick one of the 57 vacant spots that were not on top of us? It was so quiet we were in bed by 9:00 and 10:00 every night. Anyway, it was great fun and I cannot wait to do it again.
Mary, that is so cool!! I can't wait to see your pictures! Sounds wonderful!! Except for the idiots who parked too close! What's up with them?!?!? Maybe they thought if they forgot ketchup they'd borrow from you??
30 comments:
Mom, have you figured out what was wrong with your remote to the car?
that's what I was gonna say??
of course...the remote only works on the TV.
By the way that tre is absolutely beautiful
Ha, ha, ha, you used your TV remote? Too funny!
omg mom!!! Are you serious?!?! How big is your keychain???
Nancy, the remote was next to me so I just grabbed the first thing around..I wonder oif anyone saw me standing on the walkway with my tv remote pointed at the car...:)
I wonder if you changed anyone's channel while you were trying to lock your car?
Yesterday I managed to step off my porch backwards without hitting any steps and not falling, but I seemed to have crushed the muscle in my heel. I honestly don't know what I was thinking but I stepped back--obviously wide enough to miss 3 steps-- and came down so hard on my heel I thought I broke it. I am proud of myself for keeping my balance--though I do not think it was real graceful. I went to the urgent care clinic nearby for xrays but no broken bones. I guess I should be glad, but it hurts so bad I feel ridiculous for going to the doctor. It is not even bruised. Pisses me off. If I am going to hurt, I want proof.
Now that had to be a fancy step.down three steps backwards??I am surprised you didn't fall.You ave great balance, that's for sure....Any way..feel better!
why would you go down 3 steps backwards?? But I think I know the pain you're talking about, it'll just take time. I hurt my elbow going down the waterslide this summer. no blood, no bruise, but when I put my elbows on the table sometimes it was fine, sometimes it was excruciating!! Hard to explain to a Dr. but I did. He said just give it time to heal. That was July, now it's October, it's a little better, but like you, I want proof of what's going on in there!!
So, I'm going to pull the suitcases out of the attic today to start thinking about what to bring!! So excited!! So here's my plan. so far;
Saturday, get some food and lay around by the pool.
Sunday, church, beach, watch football
Monday, have some appointments, and hit the mall and Target (my favourite!!!)
Tuesday, go to Bridgets
Wednesday, lay around the pool/beach, Halloween
Thursday, I think Dana may come down for a couple nights. Seeing Paranormal Activity 4!!!
Friday, beach, mall
Saturday, pool/beach, pack
of course there's Brusco's, charm city burger, and mexican must haves, and an egg roll!!
I don't know what I was thinking? John says I wasn't. I had been sitting on the steps brushing Coco and got up to put the brushes on the plant table and just stepped off backwards. I am glad I stepped way back otherwise I might have stepped in the middle of the stairs and totally lost my balance. Of course then I might have actually broken something and everyone could "see" my pain.
The doctor could have at least ordered me a boot or something to wear so I would look like I had pain. Maybe I should have skipped the doctor and just gone to a medical supply store and picked up the appropriate gear. Next time.
I wish I could come down to see you while you are here Nancy. If I had broken my foot I would have been able to get out of work. And I would have no problem driving because it is my left foot. I'll try something else this week and see what I can break/bruise. I guess I should have done my own diagnosis. I'll do that next time too. Damn doctors think they know everything. X-rays don't always tell the truth. Now that I think about it I didn't like the angle the girl used. I'll bet the X-ray just didn't see the break because of the angle. Hmmmm. Of course it feels a lot better today so now that I think of it it probably isn't broken. Oh well.
hmm. It doesn't sound right for me too say I wish you had broken your foot???
I'm so jealous Nancy..
getting excited...
I found a piece of property I really wanted, so I took John to see it. He was really excited until we got there. Then I heard me telling him things I hear me tell my clients. He came around and said your are right, put in an offer. Now of course I am backing down. Am I trying to sell him? OMG! But I believe what I am saying. I thought it was a beautiful piece of land in a great location. There was only one draw back the neighbors house can be seen from the back of this house. Hmm. Is that soo bad. It's not close. I told him we need to go look again and walk the property lines.
I like to think I do not really try to "sell" my clients.
I do try to tell them like it is because so many of them have no clue what is really going on in the market. You cannot listen to the news. They really don't know what they are talking about.. Well, we will take another look at the property and see what John thinks. I am going to let him make the decision. I will say when we came home he said, "The more I think about it the more I think this is it." I'll keep you posted.
Where is the property, is there a house on it and did yo make a decision?
Sorry Linda, it did not work out. We have a few more to check out as soon as I can get some time off. Hope they are not gone by then.
UGH!!! I cannot sleep tonight!
We saw Skyfall tonight. I thought it was just ok, for a Bond movie. Tomorrow we're going to Stratford Upon Avon to see The Merry Wives of Windsor, Shakespeare. And Thursday is 'Beaujolais Day'. We are having a lush lunch in Cardiff Castle. I'll have to sneak a couple pictures!
Did anyone ever tell you how lucky you are? Tomorrow I am going to Genardi's for pizza... I'm lucky too...
Just home from Shakespeare. Was really, really funny!! I am lucky mom! I know it! And I'm happy, and I'm excited, and busy!!
Lucky Nancy! I would love to see the Merry Wives of Windsor. Especially in Stratford upon Avon. How very cool!
Mom, you are lucky too to have Genardi's pizza.
Now I will tell you all how lucky I am. John is moving along with the renovations on the Scotty. We are going to St. Mary's tomorrow until Wednesday. The camper is not really complete but we have a bed and the dinette. The floor is done, curtains are done and one bench for the dinette and the bed. The outside is pretty much complete. I'm sure you will be seeing my pictures in the next couple of days.
What a lucky family we have. Just think about all of us. We are all lucky / blessed to have wonderful husbands/wives/kids. The best Mom in the world and we are all healthy, safe and happy. It don't get any better than that!!!
I am lucky I slept 12 HOURS LAST NIGHT!!! omg I was so tired! Only 3 the night before! I woke up and the SUN IS OUT!! The sky is blue! And it is crisply cold out!! I want to go into Cardiff but Hayle seriously needs to clean the mess in the front room and do some homework! Crap, what to do, what to do????
We've never participated in Beaujolais Day before. Do you know what it is? In France, on the third Thursday in November every year, at midnight, they open the first bottles of Beaujolais Nouveau and thousands of celebrants drink this young wine from the Burgandy region (Can you tell I copied that??) The wine is then transported to the UK early in the morning so that it can be enjoyed here. It's a pretty big thing here. Most restaurants have something going on around it. It'll be our first!
On Monday I have my eyes checked for diabetes. Nothing else next week except for the gym. I can't seem to lose any weight. I go up and down 2-3 pounds constantly. And I'm eating so much better. What the heck? frustrating!
THOSE POSTS WERE SO GREAT AND THEN NANCY HAD TO MENTION WEIGHT...I HAVE TO LOSE THE 10 POUNDS I HAVE GAINED.........MEANWHILE, II'M OFF TO CHURCH AND THEN TO GENARDI'S AND THEN TO NANCY'S HOUSE . I WILL DO MY LAUNDRY.......
OH AND GOOD FOR YOU MARY OR SHOULD I SAY JOHN...CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT SCOTTY...
Don't feel bad Nancy, I have been up and down 7 pounds since I had to take that frickn steroid for my crushed heel. Of course I am not eating right but I still think it has to do with the steroid. I haven't been getting the cardio either because my heel still hurts. I know I could ride a bike instead of the elliptical or treadmill, but then I would have to get up and go to the gym. Right now I have an excuse, my heel hurts.
But lucky me, I can always find an excuse! I am full of them.
sorry mom! oh well. we all need to exercise. mom, get in that pool!
I'm waiting for Lori to teach me chair yoga.It can't be that hard..Mean while diet starts today...Thank you..
Just got back from our maiden voyage with a renovated "Scotty." Actually it is a partially renovated Scotty. Everything were great even though we forgot so many things. John brought in some totes from our last camping trip and said, "go through these." I lifted the lid and thought, "looks like the stuff we brought on our last trip. Guess I don't have to pack everything." I probably should have done more than glance at the top of the tote. Maybe I would have realized there were no cups, no salt & pepper, no condiments (why I thought those would be in there I don't know). Needless to say we had to go to the store several times to pick up things we "forgot." Our newly half renovated "Scotty" was great. It was comfortable, cozy and just enough room for the two of us. We went to Cumberland Island and had such a great time. OMG! I really want to go back again. There is absolutely nothing to do on the island but hike and take pictures. I will say I did a fabulous job of preparing for that trip. I knew there were no stores, no supplies, no nothing on the island. We carried more food than we could have ever eaten. We had plenty to drink and enough time to hike more than 6 miles. We say 12 of the 150 wild horses. Not one ran nor did any fight but I got pictures. They just don't look like "wild" horses but they are. I guess that is all that matters. It is the main reason for me wanting to go to that island. We collected so many shells. OMG! there were dozens of beautiful shells including conch shells. We found some huge conch shells that still had conch so we could not take them. We were not allowed to take anything living from the island. It really was a beautiful island. The camp we went to was very neat and clean and rather quiet. We practically had the park to ourselves. Wouldn't you know someone parked right next door to us the last two nights. Really? They couldn't pick one of the 57 vacant spots that were not on top of us? It was so quiet we were in bed by 9:00 and 10:00 every night. Anyway, it was great fun and I cannot wait to do it again.
Mary, that is so cool!! I can't wait to see your pictures! Sounds wonderful!! Except for the idiots who parked too close! What's up with them?!?!? Maybe they thought if they forgot ketchup they'd borrow from you??
That's funny Nancy. I forgot the ketchup! Of course we did run out to get some so I had it by the time they arrived.
Post a Comment