Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Progress on Our Scotty




I had to change things up a bit to get everyone's attention. John is doing a great job on the camper. He totally stripped it to the floor and replaced everything inside. Well, he hasn't put anything inside yet. He replaced the walls--all but the outside skins which he removed the old paint and repainted. He had to totally replace the roof because it was in 5 pieces and should have been one piece. I'll have more pictures soon.

37 comments:

Gma17 said...

Wow! He is doing a great job..He must be working his but off....Good going, John!

Gma17 said...

Butt

Barbara said...

All the way down to the floor! That is amazing. I love the little swirl by the wheel. Looking good.

nancy said...

Cool Mary!!

Mary Lesh said...

It's actually much farther along but I haven't taken pictures. He has the roof on and the air vent cut in. Once he paints the roof we (like how I threw in the we?) will install the windows. Then he has to do the electrical, the floors and then walls. Then the interior stuff. It has been fun watching John work so hard. He is really doing a great job. By the way I have helped. Just today I held the boards that are going inside while John got something out of a cabinet. While this may sound like it has nothing to do with the camper--those boards are for the interior walls.
I also leaned on the camper while John was trying to align something. Oh, and I held the ladder for him. And you can be sure I have told him what I thought he should do on several occasions. It has been my brilliant ideas that have made it look so good. I also picked the blue color. I know John has appreciated my input. One time he didn't talk to me for 2 days--he was obviously so over joyed with my brilliant mind.

nancy said...

hahahahahaha!!

Linda said...

I love being married to a "handyman". With that said, I just don't want to be around when he's being handy. Like Mary, I love to give my "suggestions", but I now know that I don't do that until night time, when there's no chance that he can ask me to help. Mary, John is doing a great job. Tell him to hurry so it will be done for Thanksgiving.

Mary Lesh said...

Today as I was getting ready to go to the gym, I noticed a sock stuck to the inside of my pants. I shook them out and saw a sock on the floor--so naturally assumed the sock came out. While walking across the gym floor I noticed a sock (identical to mine) on the floor between some machines. I was going to snatch it up and put it in my pocket--when no one was looking--but my trainer saw it and pointed it out. "Look," he said, "someone lost a sock!" Well, I just made a quizzical look like--that's weird and left it there.
What was I to do?

nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nancy said...


HAHAHAAHAA!!! That's SO funny!!

When I was driving to the airport to go see BB in Scotland, there was all these detours, it was an ungodly hour, dark, and I have no idea how to get there, the satnav lady is crazily telling me to go back. anyway, finally got to the airport, and my pump was out of insulin, ran to the bathroom, started to change it, and they called boarding, so i didn't finish, figured I'd do it on the plane. gave my ID and boarding pass and walked outside to take the bus to the plane (as you do) and realised I was cold. OMG, I left my jacket in the bathroom!! I'm running back in, the guy says Give me your boarding pass! So I did, ran back in, got my jacket, and got back on the plane. Sat down, changed all my pump stuff, fell asleep, and arrived in Scotland. Got my bag, and took a bus to the hotel. when I sat on the bus, I was like, Ouch! What is that? I felt behind my thigh. and felt a big lump. (Haha, it makes me laugh now.) Because I thought I looked good with my skinny jeans and boots on. 6 feet tall, walking fast and proud, la tee da. Anyway, when I attempted to change my insulin stuff at the airport, apparently a big piece of plastic fell into my jeans and I didn't realise it?? So now I'm trying to manoeuvre it lower so it's not as noticeable! To my knee, but obviously not taking it out. When I got to the hotel, I got it out!
How do we not notice things in our pants?!?!?!

Gma17 said...

You two are so crazy! I love those stories..keep it up.Do more crazy things...

Mary Lesh said...

Ok, last night Christy came to visit. It was so nice. She was at Six Flags and not having fun so she came here while Leeman and his family played at Six Flags.
Whenever we get together we seem to end up having a "show and tell." I got out all the gifts I bought for the grandchildren--because it was all girl stuff. Then I showed her some other gifts. (BTW I am so ahead of the game. I already have John's family done.) Oh, I forgot I have to by the boy grandchildren their outfits.
Anyway, Christy got on my computer to show me some videos and what not. When she left I noticed a folder on my tab that said imported folder. It had all Christy's bookmarks. I don't know how she did it but I deleted it. Then I noticed all these other links on my tab that did not belong to me. I called Christy and she said I just have to log her out. Oops! I deleted all her bookmarks that she has saved for years. They are no longer on her computer. And somehow she merged my Google Chrome and her Google Chrome so I can't get rid of all her folders on my tab. Ugh! All my things are hidden. I can find them but they are no longer just a click away.

Mary Lesh said...

Today I am working at the subdivision. As I unloaded the car I tucked my phone between my boobs because I wear Chicos and Chicos has a thing against pockets. Anyway, I finished unloading the car and started doing some things when an agent came in with his buyers. As we are talking my phone starts to ring--between my boobs. And of course it was Diana and it is singing, "Break it to me Gently." I just started to laugh and said excuse me and I turned around an pulled my phone out to shut it off.
Then I went to the bathroom (no one was here) and I squirt the soap on my hands and thought, "Wow, that wasn't much." I washed my hands and as I turned to leave I saw all this wet stuff on the wall. At first I thought I had splashed water but I realized it was the soap. It some how squirt across the sink onto the wall. So I cleaned it up and went out into the office. When I put my hand down I felt something wet and slimy on my shirt. I cannot beliebe I squirt the soap all over me too.
This day is not going to end soon enough.

nancy said...

Oh Mary!! You got me!!
Nothing new. Pete and I went out to dinner last night. We decided we should have a date once every week. Hay;e went out with her friends to see a scary movie. I think we all got home around 11pm? Pete left for golf, and I am staying home to worship with Hayle. (skipping church) I do hate that, but our priest is SOO boring!! It's gorgeous out right now, but we may sew. She wants to finish her top.
I've managed to keep off the 6 pounds all week! Even after dinner out last night!! I was worried it'd be up 2 after that, but yay, it wasn't!! Gonna keep up with the gym and healthy cooking!

Mary Lesh said...

Today I have a busy day. I am showing homes to one couple at 10:00 in Douglasville. I am meeting another couple in Marietta to show them a home at 1:00 and then I have to go to the subdivision.
I need to stop complaining about being busy. I'd rather be busy less but making more. Higher priced homes would be great.
John is picking up a new mattress for us today. We are moving our mattress to the guest room upstairs so it will be a true guest room. Right now there is no bed so it is very difficult to ask guests to stay in that room. But not for long!!
I have gold walls in my bedroom and I am trying to re-vamp it with new colors. I have a gold duvet for Summer and a white duvet for Winter and then I have wine colored pillows and curtains. I am thinking of making the accent color either blue, chocolate or purple. I saw a really pretty purple comforter that I thought would look good. What do you all think? My guests will get my old stuff. I really don't want them to get too comfortable. lol

Mary Lesh said...

I asked John's opinion on the purple with the gold walls. He says they don't go together. I said, "WHAAAT?" "Tell that to South Plantation, mmm hmmm."
John says, "OMG, you are decorating our room with your high school colors?'
I said, "Yeah bitch, whatcha gonna do about it? I am even painting a Paladin on the wall."

Don't tell me purple and gold do not go together.

BTW, am I just talking to myself?

Gma17 said...

You are not talking to your self..You keep me
entertained.. purple and gold? I think it goes together. and tell John he's lucky you didn't have my school colors..black and red..Go PJ!!

Bridget said...

S P H a little louder now S! P! H! A little louder now.

Mary Lesh said...

You got it Bridget! I'm thinking of doing the entire house over with the SPH theme.

nancy said...

while I love SPH, Mary, I'm leaning towards blue. Unless you've already bought the purple, then I think it's perfect!!
But the blue has to be cornflower. Can you take a picture of the gold?
Sorry it took so long to get back, I got confused with all the colours.
So, I'm struggling with losing weight. This sucks! I'll keep trying though. hmmmm.
Bridget, be ready to meet up! And have your homework done!!

Mary Lesh said...

I already bought the purple sheets. They are a deep "eggplant" purple and the walls are a yellowish gold. I do have gold curtains and a gold duvet.
I do agree on the blue--if I had gone that way.
I am having the same trouble Nancy. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and I really try to eat right but I don't ever lose. I will say I think my stomach is actually getting a little flatter. Just a little. Like I can look down and see the tops of my legs without having to really lean over.
What kind of homework does Bridget have?

nancy said...

Keep it up Mary!! You will notice the difference one day and be like, Wha?!?!?! I will keep it up too, somethings got to give!
I'm trying a new fish recipe tonight. Yesterday I made a chicken sausage frittata which was really good, with a salad.

Mary Lesh said...

I need to know--from those who are coming to my house for Thanksgiving--who would like to go to the Coca-Cola Museum and/or the Georgia Aquarium? John is going to see about getting some discounted tickets.
Also, looks like John's kids, Janina and Johnny and his wife and Caroline and Hunter will be coming. So far there are 24 people coming. It will be a full house.
We are planning to have turkey and ham. I am going to be requesting things from different people--especially those who live here.
I am so excited!
Oh, I showed a house this morning and as I left I heard my brakes grinding really bad. I had another appointment at 10:30 but I had to postpone to 11:30 so I could get the brakes changed. Luckily John was off today and he comes in real handy at times like this. Even more lucky--he wants me to be happy. Oh, he probably wants to make sure I bring in a pay check too.

Bridget said...

OK so mom, Kathy, and Lindsey came to see me yesterday. Mom called 8 miles from our house to ask which exit to take off of Alligator Alley. I told her to get off at GOLDEN GATE. Of course right after she hung up, they saw a sign that said "next 3 exits for Naples". So they thought, "we might as well take the first exit". It was not Golden Gate. Then they went south, and about 20 minutes later Kathy called and said, Wow, nothing looks familiar. When I asked her if she got off at Golden Gate, she said, Oh no Lindsey said that there was a quicker way. So, now they were in Marco Island. I had to tell her to turn around, and go back to the highway and get off at GOLDEN GATE!!!!! HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN TO THEM ALL THE TIME!!!!! Oh, I know, THEY DON'T LISTEN!!!

Gma17 said...

not my fault.I told her the first golden gate exit. I DID I DID I KNOW I DID!

nancy said...

oh my god! How do they find their houses when they go to Publix?!?!?! Haven't they been to your house a dozen times already?
Of course I should really should shut my mouth, I'm not any better....

Mary Lesh said...

Wow, somehow I am not surprised. It's not like I have never been lost nor never listened to the directions but, surely after all the trips they have made over the last year or two they would at least know the exit.

I know I was showing homes years ago and the buyer was following me. After several attempts to get out of the subdivision I finally had to pull over and ask the buyer to help me get out. I do have trouble getting out of subdivisions and parking lots. I don't know why I can't remember how I got where I got.

nancy said...

Mary, one of my favorite Mary stories is the one where you were getting on the turnpike and a semi was in front of you. You kept thinking 'oh, please don't be going the same way as me, please don't be going the same way as me'. And sadly it did, slowing you down. Except, you wanted to be going north, and you followed him south!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!

Mary Lesh said...

That was a good one, wasn't it!
I was driving in PA once with my friend Tina in the car. I had a bench seat in front. It was long and winding road. (Aren't I funny) Anyway, there was a hairpin turn and I took it a little fast and my friend tipped over and rolled into me. That was pretty funny. Maybe you had to be there but it makes me laugh every time I think of it.

Bridget said...

OK so Joey was home for the weekend, he had fall break. Its always good to see him, and we had a great time, but we all know what its like to travel with Joe. His flight today was at 2:00 pm, so I wanted to leave the house at 11:45 so we could stop by the bank so that I could give him so money. I started at 11:00, saying lets go, as he tells me to chill everything is fine. At 12:00 I'M YELLLING, lets go. He tells me he will be right down. At 12:10 he asks if I can help him pack. So we leave late, and there is no time for the bank so I say he has to go with no money. Not my problem. We arrive at the airport at 1:05 and I tell him to hurry in and check his bag or he will be too late and out of luck. He gets out of the car as I'm unloading his luggage and he says OH F*#k, I forgot my wallet. I said "WHAT DID YOU SAY"? I think I left it in Jimmy's car. Holy Shit, call Jimmy and tell him to hurry to the airport. I tell him to go into the airport I will park and run in and see if we can check his bag with my ID and my Preimium Usair ID. Believe it or not the agent let us check the bag when we guaranteed that his brother was coming with his liscence. Now we have to see how far Jimmy is. We call and he says I'm on my way but his license is not in the wallet. To which Joey says "oh I think its in my jeans pocket" in the checked bag. He says let me see if I can get my luggage back. Its now 1:25. The agent says that she can get the bag, but then it will not go back to the plane on time. She asks if he has any school ID. Thank God, yes he does, in Jims car. So she says he can use that. I call Jim and he says he's going back to work because Joes license was not in the wallet. I Said GET BACK TO THE FUCKING AIRPORT. He arrives at about 1:47. I told Joey to run and get in front of everyone at security or he will not make it. I watch him and he stands in line behind about 35 or 40 people. I run down to the front and tell security that my sons flight leaves in about 10 minutes could he cut the line? They tell me that they cannot call anyone in front of anyone else, but he has to ask people if he can cut the line. I yell to Joey PLEASE ASK EVERYONE IF YOU CAN CUT THE LINE? You leave in 8 or 9 minutes. He looks at me like I'm insane but some people (after seeing my urgency) tell him to go ahead. He smiles and hands the agent his school ID. Now they have to call a supervisor. I'm watching, sweating, heart beating, but they let him thru. I have never seen anyone remove their shoes, watch, belt, and anything from their pockets so slow. OH MY GOD!!!!! He goes thru, waves to me and I look at my watch, and it says 2:00. I have to wait, because I'm not sure that he will make it. Luckily his gate is D1. Thank God!!! He calls and says "I'm on the plane. They were closing the door, but I yelled and they said I was lucky. Good thing I didn't put my belt on, or I wouldn't have made it. WHEW!!!!!!! And that my friends, is how Joey travels. I'm having a glass of wine.

Mary Lesh said...

Man, I want a glass of wine after that. I probably would have dropped him off and left. If he called I would say good luck! My job done. I know I would go nuts!

nancy said...

oh. my. god. Bridget, i do not know how you put up with that?!?! You should have had jimmy bring a video camera, these are things you want to show him proof, or show his children proof!!! Hah! oh, video proof would be so funny! Put to music, with periodically hearing you throw the F bomb! you'd get a laugh out of it. I think?

Kathy said...

Bridget, I was going to sympathize with your story of Joey getting on the plane but I just read the story you printed just befor that one and I can't believe you are such a tattle tail. Or is it tattle tale? Anyway, I love all these stories. I have not have internet service for about 1 month. I would have it for an hour and then go off for 4. Concast came 3 times!!! Hopefully fixed now!

Mary Lesh said...

Kathy, I hope you are back. I would have to shoot myself if I went without internet. Well, it just wouldn't happen. Heads would definitely roll. I would probably live at Starbucks, McDonald's . . . any place that offers free wi-fi. Maybe check into a hotel.

nancy said...

Right, so apparently I gained 5 pounds! LAST NIGHT!!!! And yesterday, I ran 2 miles, ate salad for breakfast, lunch plus 1/2 ham sandwich and for dinner quinoa. HOW is this possible. Not a nice day to start the day, I'm MAD!
I'm busy today. 10am I go to a jewellery show, 3:15 to the gym and tonight a meeting for the 'Save the Children' charity I'm joining. I need to tell them how to do a few things. They hold a dinner here in Penarth once a year and it's crap. they charge too much for a cramped little place, with crap music, and worse food and wine. (so bad that las time me and my neighbour smuggled in our own wine) I mean, it's that kind that tingles in the back of your throat, and you can already taste throw up in your first sip. Either they change it, or I'm not joining.

I better lose 6 pounds today, or it's gonna get worse. And I mean in the next few hours.

Mary Lesh said...

I'm sure you are just retaining water Nancy. I do that sometimes. Drink more tea--it's a diuretic. That irritates me too.
Today I am spending the day with Tony. I am so excited. I see the girls all the time but Tony never seems to have time. He actually called me yesterday to see if I wanted to hang out. He was not supposed to have a day off this week but he is getting one. We were going to go up to the mountains to see Linda & Hank, Carl & Natasha & Hunter and Gerry & Barb, but Tony has to go to the bank in the morning first so we can't leave until 9:00 am. It's at least 4 1/2 hours up where they are so we'll just drive to the GA mountains and get some Fall shots. Can't wait for this day to begin.

Gma17 said...

OK.Someone just told me that CVE had some cars that were broken into. I didn't remember if I locked the car or not so I picked up the remote, opened the front door and kept pushing the off on button...the card didn't beep..I wonder why?