Sunday, November 13, 2011

Kilroy


As I said on Facebook, I went to a quilt show and at the very end, in the back corner was this very small quilt. I almost crapped! Diana couldn't understand why I was so excited and had her take a picture. I mean when you think about it, there were quilts from all over the world; truly amazing quilts that I couldn't even begin to tackle. And then in the very last turn was this very simple, small quilt. It sure did make my day! I sure miss DAD!

25 comments:

nancy said...

omg, I think about him all the time it seems! That is SO cool!! I would love one of those. Yea, sure would make me feel warm inside. I bet it would. hmmmmmm.

ricky b said...

That is awesome !!! I think about Dad every day and it puts a smile on my face. Thanks for sharing Linda.

Gma17 said...

dad is always around..I know he thinks he is funny when he hides things in my house.. EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!..Kelly calls him Grandma's Ghost. And she knows I have a ghost who hides things. And sometimes it is not funny...

Mary Lesh said...

OMG! That is so cool. I hate that you are going to be so busy making these for everyone. Lucky you like to make quilts. I can't imagine making the same thing over and over. Well, maybe hats and scarves, but quilts are so much bigger.
I still think of Dad every day. Sometimes I still think I can call him. (On the phone) You know how you think something and then say, "Oh Dad would love that." But you can't really call.

Linda said...

This morning when the AC kicked on, I swear I smelled cigarette smoke. Never smelled that before. I'm hoping he's trying to tell me to buy Lotto tickets this week, cause we are gonna win.

nancy said...

had my eyes did for the diabetes thing. where they dialate your pupils and makes everything blurry for a coupla hours. then my meeting at school got postponed til tomorrow. Hayle and I decorated and it looks beautiful!! We played Xmas music and it was fun! I felt like I got a workout!! So now off to bed. I ate like crap today. NOTHING healthy. I'm punishing my body for not losing weight when I exercised so much. Gym tomorrow.

Mary Lesh said...

Why is everyone decorating so early? It isn't even Thanksgiving. Not that I am complaining. Just curious because so many people are doing it. I have been wanting to for some time and holding off until after Thanksgiving. Maybe I should get on the ball with everyone else.

Kathy said...

I'm not gonna decorate yet.

Linda said...

To early. Pretty soon we'll be decorating before Halloween. Then, what the hell, never take it down!!

Gma17 said...

Never too early to decorate and have fun! Yesterday was not fun..Every step forward ..two steps backwards... Decided to water my plant on the back porch.the sliding door came off the runner(or whatever you want to call it). Tried to fix it but knocked the curtains down.. decided to vacuum and clean the runners(or whatever u want to call them)..did it but knocked the curtains down again..#$##@**$.Fixed it, put the door back again and now the locks don't work! BALONEY!!!.Today I am going to a meeting, and then sew. I was afraid to yesterday!

Bridget said...

Walked the dog and changed the sheets. Now I'm going thru all my catalogs, so I can throw them away. I get so many this time of year, and I must look thru all of them. I don't know why. I'm going to get my hair done at 3:00. I should pay the bills but I just don't feel like it. Oh well, thats it.

nancy said...

Mom! That sounds like a terrible day! Bunch of crap! Well, I hope the sewing was fun.
Bridget, your day sounded very exciting too! Wow, all those catalogs to go thru!
I had a good workout with Richard. Then I had my meeting at school. this was because a few moms wanted to help organize a prom. well, in the end, they students we met with saw it 100% different then we did, so we;re not doing it now. stupid kids!

Mary Lesh said...

What did they think a Prom was?

Bridget- I only go through a few catalogs. But isn't it crazy how all these companies waste so much money sending these out? Some of them I literally just drop in the garbage as I walk from the mailbox into the house. Surely you don't look through Harbor Freight?

Mom- Sorry about your sucky day. That's when you just say f it and watch court tv all day.

I think I would decorate but I always have to wait for John to help me get things our of the attic and he doesn't want to decorate yet. Last year it was Christmas eve. He is a real scrooge when it comes to the holidays and decorating.

This week has been all work and no play but this weekend will be all fun, fun, fun! I am sending John hunting again and spending a weekend taking pictures with a friend. Can't wait.

nancy said...

Pete's attitude toward christmas decorating an 'the spirit' changed after our first trip to Germany for Christmas Market! It was one of our best trips! This is the first year we are not going to Germany!! But, it's a sacrifice for the house. Also, Hayle can't miss school right now. We'll have to make sausages and mulled wine one weekend!!

Mary Lesh said...

I guess I need to get John to go to Germany. Maybe we should try to plan for next December, then anyone who wants to go can start planning too. It's an entire year away. Anyone with me?

Mary Lesh said...

Last night I went to Atlanta with a friend to take some more night shots. We did not get home until 12:00 and naturally I had to check out my pictures and post some to flickr. I am already up and ready to go again to get some sunrise pictures. Then we are going to drive around to get some barns and horses and what not all day. We might go back to Atlanta to get some shots in Centennial Park. We were kicked out of there last night because they close at 11:00. I did not know they closed. A photo filled weekend for me. Yeah!!!

Kathy said...

Mom and I are going to have a "Craft" day today. Plus a little running around. That's how we roll.

Mary Lesh said...

I like how you and Mom roll. Sounds like fun. Taking pictures is how I roll--in case you all haven't figured that out.
We did not go back to Atlanta tonight. We got up at 5:30 to get sunrise pictures and the sun never came up. Well, I guess it did but you couldn't see it through the clouds. That will teach me to get up early. I'll continue searching for the sunsets.

Mary Lesh said...

John couldn't sleep so we are getting ready to go out the door. The car was packed last night. I took a shower and now John is in the shower. We should be ready in 5 minutes. Look out Rick we're on our way.

nancy said...

I'm a little envious of all you guys. Thanksgiving comes and goes over here. A few friends who know us will say Happy Thanksgiving, but that's as far as it goes. We're not cooking turkey on Thursday, we're going to have it on the weekend. And we're not having anyone over, just us. waah.
But Christmas, whoah! It started here long before black Friday!! From mid October I stopped driving into Cardiff, I can only take the train due to lack of parking and traffic!! It's awful!
Anyway, today I am training it into the city for an Apple appointment. I want to figure out iCloud.

Mary Lesh said...

What is iCloud? Do I need to learn that?
I am at Rick's. He made us sleep in late today. I'll tell you. Your host can get pretty bossy sometimes.
Jennifer is hosting Thanksgiving at her house and Adam's parents will be there too. They are in for a surprise because they don't talk during meals.

nancy said...

iCloud replaces moblie me. i have to go learn all it gives us. but i know i can place things in hayle's diary so she doesn't forget. I haven't seen Jen's house but would love to be at her Thanksgiving!!

Mary Lesh said...

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!

Gma17 said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!!

nancy said...

sounds like everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!! I'm glad for that. Dallas pissed me off last night. I fell asleep watching it, then woke up to turn the tv off, then couldn't fall back asleep. Don't you HATE that?!?!! So I turned it back on and stayed up til 2am. I'm really tired this morning. But I'm gonna run with Cody in a little bit here.