I had the opportunity to take a sunset cruise around Manhattan last night so I thought I would share some of the photos. I've just wrapped up week number 2 at NYU. We are just one week away from the student staff arriving and 2 weeks from all residents. Hope everyone is doing well.
28 comments:
omg, Charlie, that skyline is more exciting but as beautiful as moutainsides and nature stuff (blah, blah, blah) it gives me goosebumps and I want to be there!! Does it do that for you? (except for the 'wanting to be there' because you are there!) I Love NYC! You're SO lucky! I hope you get everything out of it that you can! Are you able to meet up with Brittany? I have to plan a trip back there, but now the next few are planned for FL. Some time next year???? Best of luck to you!
I bet it was amazing. Can't wait to see you again. Love you - keep the updates coming.
the pictures are amazing! Makes me wish I were young again..Really! Enjoy...
Beautiful picture! How lucky to be you. Can't wait to hear who your celebrity resident will be this year. How cool, our own little "Globe" reporter.
I'm with Nancy and probably a lot of other members of our family--I Love NYC!!
Well, well, well, here I am again 4 days later and not one response since my last visit. Surely someone has something to say.
Today is my third day of stupid builder meetings. I am so tired of having to get up early to drive an hour just to hear the same old, same old. The only good thing about the meetings is this little store we stop at on the way home. It has some of the most unique/cute/can't find anywhere else kind of stuff. So yesterday's meeting cost me $89.00.
Today we plan to try out a different store. Can't wait!
Well, well, well, here I am again 4 days later and not one response since my last visit. Surely someone has something to say.
Today is my third day of stupid builder meetings. I am so tired of having to get up early to drive an hour just to hear the same old, same old. The only good thing about the meetings is this little store we stop at on the way home. It has some of the most unique/cute/can't find anywhere else kind of stuff. So yesterday's meeting cost me $89.00.
Today we plan to try out a different store. Can't wait!
That is weird, I did not post twice. I did not even hit the button twice
Gee that sounds like fun to me. The reason that I don't post is because nothing is going on. I think I need another trip or something. I am joining a current events class where we will discuss current events..(weird, eh?)Any way with elections coming up, it should be interesting...Football tonight and kathy is coming down so That will be neat...
Nancy - NY still gives me goosebumps. I don't know how I can have a bad day when all I have to do is look up out my apartment window and see the empire state building. Or I can lay in bed looking out my other window towards the freedom tower at the world trade center site. As for Brittany, we had a chance to do dinner this week in soho. She is hilarious. We seem to be similar in many ways. I'll keep you updated on the journey and hope to see you here next year.
Charlie, I think you just want to make us all jealous! You are doing a great job--at making us jealous. Well, I'm sure you are doing a great job at your job too.
Charlie, I am so jealous!! I haven't been to NY in years, and Hank has never been. Can you believe that. Maybe next year I will be able to talk him into going. Your pictures are great, and you are right, Brittany is funny. I'm assuming she takes after her mother. I can say one thing, she didn't get it from her father!! I guess I'll have to keep checking in on the blog now. I haven't been on in awhile..Love you.
well, Linda, Mike can be quite funny too, although, yes, Bridget is funnier! Funnier than you too! Hah! Funnier than maybe all of us! I always always laugh though when I think of the time Bridget and Mike were here, and Mike came downstairs and did an impression of a seagull! OMG!! I'm laughing now!!
Anyway, yes Mary, I'm annoyed that no one comes on here anymore! Then I saw 11 comments! So excited, except when yours was a double. well, it was still exciting.
So, Pete and I went out for dinner and a movie last night, while Hayle was babysitting making money! Good for her! We saw Horrible Bosses which was pretty funny! Also, I booked a ticket for myself to come to FL. On Sept 11th. ugh! Good Grief, I'm bad enough on a normal day! I'll need all of you to break out your instructions for the Rosary please! I'm not kidding! But after that, I am very excited! SO, my plan is to get there, stay at mom's, then go look at furniture and pick out paint at home depot. Then Pete will have a list of stupid stuff I'll have to get done. Then lay around and play in the pool or something. Oh I'll also go pick up some stuff for the kitchen, but I'll be shopping around for the best deal. Put your sneakers on Mom!! BB, save up those coupons for Bed, Bath and Beyond! Can you come down then?? Let's go eat Mexican food!
So, today I was gonna take Hayle to the fabric store so I can teach her a little about sewing, but I'm not sure how interested she is because she hasn't come downstairs yet. Oh, I'll be darned, there she is! Let's go!
I thought you were coming in October? Crap. I probably won't be able to come down at that time. We are going to PA next weekend through Sept. 4th, then I have a very important wedding Sept 10th. I will be taking 3 weekends in a row off. Dammit. I really wanted to come down when you were here. Where did I get Oct from? Oh well I guess I'll have to catch you the next time.
Mary, Nancy is coming in Oct. also. She just decided to come earlier to get a few things before Pete, and Hayle got there. So you can catch her then. Why dosen't Linda think that Mike is funny? Huh.
yea, Mary, I'll be there the last week of October too! And that will be better I think because most of the 'work' will be done. I think! Yay!
I don't know Bridge? I still laugh at the seagull!! And we had alot of fun in Italy!
Good enough. But it still sucks that I can't make it in September. I really like to paint and I am a good painter.
Oh well, I'll just have to relax by the pool and just have fun.
we're not painting! Just picking the colors!
Mike never did the seagull impression for me, so I guess I missed out. Maybe Mike is funny, but I really just meant the Bridget has the best sense of humor. Everyone is so testy these days! So Nance, if you are only picking the paint colors, how's it gonna get on the walls?
Hey Barb, how did Gerry make out? I hope everything went smoothly. I've been praying for him.
Barb, why can't I see birthdays on the calendar? It says I do not have permission...And how is gerry? Hope all is well...And where was Charlie when the earth quake hit NYC??
I was at work. They evacuated our building, but no damage or injuries were reported. We are now prepping for move-in, which is when the hurricane is scheduled to arrive. Wahooo
Fun in the big city!
Ok, it looks like I WILL be putting the paint on the walls!! I cannot agree to pay what a painter wants to be paid to paint an empty house! So, anyone up for painting the week of September 12th?? I'll buy all food and drink! Isn't that tempting?!?!!? Oh, it will be such fun!! Right?!?! What else can I ply you with?? Music? TV? Free wifi? Wine?
I would do it just for fun but I can't do it then. Maybe in October. What are the dates for Oct?
Crap! I want to have the painting done before furniture is delivered, so I have to get it done then. October is the week of the 24th if you are coming. I'm hoping to have all the 'work' done by then though.
Mom - I have to look into the calendar problem. Christian's birthday is Sunday, August 28 he will be 15.
Ok, so we got to Delaware just before the storm. Power went out about 10:00pm. Laure said don't worry, I've been through 6 hurricanes and I am prepared. So this morning she sends us to the store for some eggs because she is hungry. When we get back she says we are still in a state of emergency so we should not be out driving around.
HUH? What ever. We dropped off the eggs and drove around. You aint keeping me, Mary Braun the storm chaser Lesh locked up.
Come on everyone!!!
Every day I pull this up to see no one has posted! I thought I had a big family?!?!?!!? at least just once a week, let's hear what you've been up to?? Pleeeeeeease!
So, I'll think what I've been up to...
Hayle starts school next Monday, she's excited! Cody starts obedience school Tuesday, he's excited! I have been searching furniture stores looking for stuff to buy. But have been spending alot for repairs, painting, pest control, alarm, pool, lawn, DANG!!! I didn't think about all this. Anyway, I'm flying in to FL on Sept 11th. I am VERY excited to get there!! Very!!!
All 3 of us will be back there in October! Yay, and of course Christmas! Yay!!
We are going out to dinner tonight. But tomorrow, OH!!! We are going to the warehouse! I am in the mood to finally get rid of all our CRAP! And I'm going to sell it at a 'Car Boot Sale' with Hayle on Sunday!! You drive your car to a lot, unload your stuff and sell, sell, sell! I hope! I do not want to come back with anything!! I'll take a picture to show you what happens!
Post a Comment